|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
Begonia apartment has a large living room with frescoed ceilings and stunning views of the below water canal and the dome of St. Mark's Cathedral. Separate kitchen. A spacious bedroom with walk-in closet and full bathroom en suite. A wall separates the entrance from a room furnished with a comfortable double bed sofa for additional sleeping space. A second bathroom offers more comfort to the couple or their guests.
This apartment was exactly as advertised. Very clean and modern with a well-equipped kitchen. Svetlana was very helpful and available. We liked being near Trattoria Jonny and the pasticceria. We would definitely return!
My husband and I just returned home from a quick 3-night stay in Venice. From start to finish, this rental experience was one of the best we've ever had.
Antonella was easy to book with and excellent in her communication. She gave us the number of her representative, Svetlana, with whom we easily texted and met us at the Ospedale vaparetto stop. The apartment can be reached from that one, or from San Zaccaria. Ospedale made for a slightly longer walk, but a much shorter water-bus ride. (Side note, I highly recommend the water taxi if you can afford it. SO much faster, easier and more comfortable. We had a very long wait for the water bus.)
The Begonia apartment is on the top floor of the building (there is a slow lift, helpful if you have heavy bags) and there is also a shared terrace with a dining table and a smaller, rooftop terrace that's perfect for enjoying coffee or a glass of wine.
The entry hall has a shared ice-maker for the floor. However, we never saw nor heard another person in the building.
The apartment is stunning and so much bigger than I thought it would be! The ceilings are high and painted with lovely frescoes, the floors are authentic parquet, and the VIEWS... well I was blown away. There are many windows that all look out on the canal, bridges, and over the rooftops. I loved listening to the sounds of the canal coming alive in the morning, the boats, the people, the church bells... (but the windows are excellent and when closed the apartment is very quiet!)
Having two full bathrooms was a treat, and the shower had the best water pressure I've had in ages!
The apartment has many details really make it stand out... full-length mirrors, high quality hair-dryer, two kinds of coffee makers, a bottle of prosecco in the fridge... etc.
We did not use the sofa-bed in the room adjacent to the bedroom, but there was plenty of space for another person or two... however not great privacy for whoever would be sleeping out there.
The bed and bedding were comfortable, though a bit firm. (One recommendation would be to have a couple extra pillow choices available for those who prefer a softer pillow.)
And the only other thing to note was that I was glad I had packed a bar of soap, for there was no body soap (or shampoo) in the bathrooms. Not a big deal, but good to know!
All in all it was an excellent experience, we would definitely return, and I would recommend Antonella and the Begonia apartment to anyone!
We stayed for four nights here (June 17-21) It is a beautiful and spacious apartment adjacent to the S. Lorenzo canal (yes, even better than the pictures). The apartment is well located, a few minutes from S. Marcos but in the quieter Castello sestiere. The apartment is in the equivalent of an American third floor (second floor in Europe, I believe) with beautiful views of the red rooftops of Venice. It has an elevator. The features within the apartment are all superb and it appears that it was recently tastefully renovated . There is at least one supermarket very close by (less than !00 meters). There are also several restaurants very near the apartment. We were received at the S. Zaccaria vaporetto stop and helped with our luggage to the apartment. Antonella was always available to promptly answer questions and provide assistance. We will stay here on our next visit to Venice which will be in the near future.
Miguel & Irene
I am a regular user of VRBO - within the US and outside. This has to be one of my favorite properties. I will make a list:
(1) The size isn't fully conveyed in the pictures - very large - many windows (with wooden covers to block light and noise - although this was not an issue). High ceilings with beautiful lighting.
(2) The master bed was comfortable and with excellent bedding. Also, the pull out was very comfortable - with excellent bedding.
(3) It had a small elevator - a gift when transporting luggage!
(4) Excellent security - a huge door with key provided entry to the building as well as call/button system from the apartment (nice with arms full of groceries)- we also felt like the building was essentially ours - with a few apartments on our floor. The entry area had wash/dryer combo, sauna, and bathroom. This also contained washers and dryers for staff (separate). From the ground floor the stairs and elevator only accessed our floor. All others must be accessed by different entries elsewhere.
(5) There was an a huge mirrored closet leading to the master bath. Two doors to the master bedroom. Excellent water pressure and hot water.
(6) One of the best features for us - we could use just about any style plug point. The apartment had mulit-use plug points. We used US and European devices.
(7) A well stocked kitchen - including Coffee pot! - and a bottle of wine! Close grocery stores and markets.
(8) Comfortable furnishings - and excellent wifi. (they even provided a hi-def cable so we could use our devices with TV.
We were met at the dock - which we didn't expect -it was a nice surprise. We would have spent a great deal of time finding the apartment. The location was excellent - we walked just about every where.
(9) The view was beautiful. Canal, buildings, and roof tops. Great outside area to eat and even higher point to relax and drink.
(10) Pristine - clean.
The only drawback I can think of -- understand how to use the air conditioning - or ask. It took us a little while to figure it out. Although worked great when we did.
You can't go wrong!
Great location, close to the taxi stand and San Marco. The apartment was large and well appointed - it is much better than the photos.
The lady we corresponded with was very helpful and the lady that checked us in was equally focused on making sure our stay was comfortable.
I would recommend without hesitation.
We stayed here for 4 nights in September and loved it. The pictures do not do it justice! Very spacious, beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Great location overlooking a canal but not noisy. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Venice. The only thing that is missing is a coffee maker!
Nearest vaporetto stop San Zaccaria/San Marco
Restaurant next door excellent food Da Remigio
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
1 Sep 2016 - 8 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
23 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$286|
|Stay tax||€2 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 6 years.|
L'utilizzo della lavanderia è gratuito, mentre la sauna deve essere concordata.