We are a family of 5 - with two boys and a girl. Although we live in the Bay Area most of the year, we have been calling Blue Lake Springs our second home since 2005, when our boys were toddlers and before our daughter was born. We love this area for it's beauty and for all of the opportunities for fun and relaxation.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
The perfect little getaway nestled in the forest at the end of the road.
Such a fun place to stay. Nice little cabin fully equipped with everything you need for a relaxing retreat. The owners are super helpful, kind, and there if you need anything. The cabin feels quite spacious, especially with the large deck, art studio, and lounge filled with tons of fun games. Great place to go explore the area or just hunker down to watch the snow fall. We can’t wait to return in the future.
Great cabin, great location!
Perfect cabin for a Family Getaway, close to everything but also secluded. Would definitely stay here again!
Our family had a wonderful stay at the Five Bears Cabin!!
I was looking for a cabin in Arnold where my family can explore nature right around the cabin, and I came across Five Bears Cabin. We had an amazing stay at the cabin. Some highlights of our stays are:
1) The cabin has everything we need to feel like home (kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms... every room was equipped with what a small family needs).
2) The 2 bonus rooms are perfect for my family: We like to paint, so we love the art room. My kids like to stay at the game room to play all sorts of board games.
3) The cabin is at a secluded area, we love the privacy. And we can watch the kids run around the woods and just explore right at the deck.
4) Holly is EXTREMELY prompt and helpful in responding to all my questions. It was my first time using VRBO, so I was a bit lost in how everything works, but Holly helped me every step of the way and made the entire process seem so easy!! Thank you Holly !
5) The location is perfect too, few minutes drive to downtown, I was able to get all my groceries there.
My family wish we had more time to stay, but my husband had to go back to work. We will definitely return next time when we need a place to stay at Arnold.
This is a idyllic, well-maintained little bit of paradise! The two little studios were a fun touch. The owner responded quickly to our questions. I didn't want to leave!
Comfortable, family-friendly cabin
Five Bears Cabin is very comfortable, clean, and well-equipped! Great for families or couples. Our kids really enjoyed the game room. The location is excellent. The cabin is close to the town center of Arnold, with restaurants, White Pines lake, and grocery shopping. In the other direction, Calaveras Big Trees State Park is just a few minutes away. The popular town of Murphys is about 15 minutes away, with wine tasting, gourmet ice cream, and shopping. We found everything we needed in the cabin--dish soap, many cooking utensils, dishes/glasses, laundry detergent (there is a small, easy to operate washing machine and clothes dryer--this comes in handy when traveling with little ones who need many outfit changes), shampoo, conditioner, etc. There is no air conditioning but there are plenty of fans. The air gets cool quickly in the evening. The deck is wonderful for relaxing, eating breakfast or dinner at the picnic table, or enjoying a glass of wine. The owner gave us very detailed location information and instructions for arrival and departure. The cabin is quiet because it is in a cul-de-sac and there are no neighboring cabins behind it.
Perfect getaway; we'll be back
We were lucky enough to stay at Five Bears during a snow storm, and loved every minute. The cabin has a log fire and warms up quickly. The kitchen is well stocked and the sofas and beds are comfy. It's secluded - right at the edge of town, so there were uninterrupted trees and snow out of every window. We rented snow shoes in Arnold, hiked the rim trail & explored Big Trees, grabbed a burger at the Lube Room and a beer at Murphy's Pourhouse, and built an igloo on the porch. Thanks for lending us your lovely cabin, we'll come again!
PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA!
Blue Lake Springs Snowflake Lodge
- Restaurant open Friday and Saturday night (BYOB!)
- Summer: pool; lake; tennis; basketball; bocce; shuffleboard; ping pong
Big Trees State Park
Bear Valley Ski Resort (downhill & cross-country)
- Charming gold-rush town with shops, restaurants, wineries
- Ironstone Vineyard with gorgeous grounds and events
- Outdoor fun for kids with play structure, creek and grassy area
- Gold-rush town
- Historic recreation with saloon, horse-drawn carriage, panning-for-gold