3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 6
Wyndham Vacation Rentals Charleston
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Great views and location but that's about it - make sure you are ok with it
My wife and I have been going to Kiawah and staying in villas for about 15 years. This villa had one of the best views we've had from a beachfront villa--and it has a great location-- but it is also one of the most run down villas we've stayed in.
In all fairness, it does appear that whoever owns it is slowly renovating it, e.g. new hard wood floors, newish appearing furniture in the living room. But it is otherwise pretty run down, for example, peeling plaster from the walls and ceiling. Here are some things to be aware of before renting to make sure it's ok with you:
1) No Wifi. We received a call after we booked that there was no cable tv and we actually got a partial refund for it. BUT we were told that there'd be internet. We have multiple professionals in the family who need to keep in touch with the workplace, even on vacation. There IS internet but it's a mobile hotspot (since they can't get internet through cable) that gives you about the same connectivity as your cellular plan (I actually think my phone got better reception than the mobile hotspot). If you have a big powerpoint presentation that you need to email (like me), it'll take you forever to do it. Streaming movies is more or less out of the question too. Note that I was told this problem with the cable has been ongoing for about a year. Would've been good to know before booking...
2) The washer and dryer are quite old and the dryer makes a TON of noise, sounds like rusty springs creaking over and over that you can hear anywhere in the villa, so you won't be running it over night.
3) Look out for sharp edges in the bathroom. The top of the glass shower door in the master bath was cracked and sharp and the glass shower doors in another bathroom had rusty edges from where the shower door had popped out of its track.
4) Look out for rusty nails on the decks. Also related to safety issues, at least one of the plates on the outlets is missing a chunk so a toddler could easily stick his/her fingers behind the socket.
5) None of the doors lock and the latch for the master bedroom door doesn't engage so it keeps popping open. If you need privacy, forget it.
6) incidental but no really good covered deck like other oceanfronts I've stayed in. The covered one here was quite small .
Running out of characters, but you get it... Reasonable experience due entirely to the view and location. But if you need more amenities, you may want to look around
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. While we are glad that you enjoyed the view and great location of this villa, we are truly sorry you did not have the great vacation experience we strive to provide all of our guests. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations. We have shared and reviewed your comments with our team. Additionally, as our properties are individually owned, we will be passing along your other comments regarding the cable, wifi and washer/dryer to the owner so they can consider it in any future plans they may have with enhancing the property. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to provide a better experience on your next visit to Charleston’s Islands.
Very rundown, in need of lots of maintenance. Cockroaches in master closet.
Had 12 items to be fixed. 3 were addressed. Shower doors dangerous and almost falling off in 2 baths, mold on picture in queen bedroom. Wall smashed in master. Screens had holes, handles missing on dining screen, dryer was thunderous, door bell cover fell off, looks like water damage on hall/living room ceilings, doors going to balconies near living/dining had no locks, ceiling vents dripped water, internet couldn’t stream anything and connection was super slow. The view was beautiful
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are truly sorry you did not have the great vacation experience we strive to provide all of our guests. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations. We appreciate you allowing us to come in during your visit to begin to address these issues. We have also shared and reviewed your comments with our team. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to provide a better experience on your next visit to Charleston’s Islands.
Gorgeous Villa with Breathtaking Views!
My husband and I were visiting Charleston to watch our daughter play softball with the University of South Carolina. We decided to spend a few days on Kiawah Island to relax and enjoy a couple of days together. The villa offered gorgeous oceanfront views from 3 different rooms each with its own walk out deck. The decor was lovely with comfortable furnishings throughout. We slept to the sound of the ocean each night as we enjoyed relaxing in the master bedroom. The king size bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and an extra duvet in the closet. My husband and I enjoyed cooking together creating little master pieces in the kitchen. Though small, the kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed and provided lovely glasses and dishware for our enjoyment. We dined nightly, on the deck to the musical sounds of the ocean and sipped wine while watching the sun set. What an evening, what a trip! If you're looking for a place to escape "all the busyness" this villa is the perfect muse for your get away. I will certainly stay at Windswept 4456 again and recommend it to anyone wanting a lovely villa by the sea.
We stayed for a week and I want to start off with the positives. The view is amazing! It is located easy to the ocean. Kiawah is a beautiful island! The unit itself was clean. The negatives are when we arrived we found out the elevator was out of order. We were not notified of this before we came. We were satisfied with how Wyndham handled this. Offered for us to stay elsewhere, etc. However, it would have been nice to have known this prior. We had a problem with the washer leaking. The lid was rusty and looked like it was going to fall off. About midweek they replaced it with a new washer. The unit itself could use some attention. Even the batteries on a clock had leaked, rusted thru to the face of it. The laundry room was very outdated. The entryway to the laundry room was breaking off probably due to the leaky washer. The master bath/tub had no shower curtain. The toliets were very poor in flushing. The kitchen is small and did not even have any oven mitts that we could find. There are not a lot of restaurants on the island which is not a problem for us as we enjoy cooking in the unit. I could go on and on but basically the unit needs some attention and upkeep. We would stay here again if some renovations were done. Thanks to Wyndham for helping us have a great vacation even though there were a few hiccups!
View is amazing
I loved sitting on the porch with my cup of coffee watching the sun come up over the ocean. The view is amazing. The unit itself was a great size, lots of room and no one was on top of each other. Only downside, is the kitchen is tiny - not much room to move around and cook or to store any food but plenty of places to go eat out. Kiawah Island is beautiful with lots to do in the area. Golf in the area is amazing, played at The Ocean Course and Osprey Point and they were wonderful.