Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Single separate house with a ground floor, an attic and big garden for 5 guests
We offer you a tent for 2 in the garden on demand during summer season.
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Child bed on demand.Child bed on demand.
No smoking - Only outside in the garden.Only outside in the garden.
Max guests: 5 - For 2 more ask for a tent in the garden on demand.For 2 more ask for a tent in the garden on demand.
Minimum age of primary renter: 0 - baby welcomebaby welcome
- through the gorge,
- the ascent to the summit of Mount Krim 1107 m,
- a hike along the E6 walkway to the Adriatic Sea etc.
- in the river Ižica from Ig to Ljubljana City Center Three Bridges
- in the river Bistra and Ljubljanica
- in the river pools in river Iška 3 minutes away
- in the emerald lake Jezero etc. 17 km away
- freeride at Ljubljana Marsh Nature Park
- downhill from Krim 1107 m
- to the emerald lake Jezero 30 min. trip
- Krvavec 51 km away
- english, german, Russian, Croatian, Yugoslaw, Slovenian, un poco Italiano
We are Nataša and Sašo - a couple of landscape architects who have found sanctuary in the valley of the Iški vintgar gorge, under the reign of Nature. We have lived in the forest for the last 24 years, exploring the world whenever the opportunity arose. We are vegetarians and great cooks. Sašo prefers Ayurveda cuisine, whereas Nataša loves to bake bread and pastry using the organic spelt grown in her fields. We love all animals and Karel the cat is a part of our family.
Natasha purchased this chalet in 2016
Why Natasha chose Ig
Since we have now managed to create a guesthouse in the second house on the large clearing, we invite you to explore our world. The garden can function as a place to socialize over food and games. It can also provide the space needed for meditation, seclusion and rest.
What makes this chalet unique
The house gets regular visits from deer, and occasionally, even a fox, a marten or a chamois come to see us. The bear that lives in the woods is kind and only shows himself to our neighbours. The forest house with the garden is a part of a scattered ecological farm. We work on the fields, the meadow and the orchard, which are a heritage of Bela Krajina region, with pleasure and pride. You may join us at harvest and cook with organic spelt, potatoes, corn. A special benefit is our organic vegetable garden at the clearing.