1 BEDROOM, 1 BATHROOM, SLEEPER SOFA, SLEEPS 4
About Rebecca Robertson
Dave and Janet Leishman are the owners of the Bar W Guest Ranch in Whitefish MT. They and their 3 daughters enjoy spending a good deal of their time in the Flathead Valley with all that is has to offer.
Rebecca Robertson purchased this Condo in 2015
Why Rebecca Robertson chose Whitefish
It's a spectacular property right in the heart of downtown Whitefish on Central Avenue. The condos are brand new construction and beautifully appointed.
What makes this Condo unique
No need to drive anywhere - you are right in the midst of all of the restaurants, shops, galleries and everything else that downtown Whitefish has to offer!
Check-in: 3:30 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
$200 NON-REFUNDABLE PET FEE
See attached rental agreement for cancellation policy
No refunds for cancellations made after payment is made
Will stay here again!
Rebecca was very responsive. The place was wonderful! Centrally located. Really nice interior.
Very good access to the Whitefish downtown
Pros:The rental unit was clean, comfortable and felt safe. Décor was new and in good condition. Bedding quality was better than I usually find.Excellent location for taking advantage of the area restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Washing machine down the hall was helpful.
Cons: I don't think these are things the management controls. One queen bed and one hideaway. I thought there would be one more regular bed. Not all the units are the same so you need to be careful when choosing. In Unit #5 the hide-away bed is right next to the window over the downtown parking lot. This became an issue after the bars closed and drunk people filled the lot at 2:30 a.m. making much noise. Also, every night after closing the restaurant/ bar downstairs empties its' bottles into the garbage cans making much noise. I'm generally a heavy sleeper but this woke me repeatedly.
Thanks for the detailed review. Units 1 and 2 are the 2 bed units. They are at the front of the building. 3 and 5 are the 1 bed and number 4 is a studio.
Am sorry about the noise. Unfortunately it is the price paid for being so central to downtown. I did buy white noise makers for all the units so hopefully that will help somewhat.
I hope you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the location!
We were never told this condo was over the kitchen of a restaurant . Lots of noise.
The noise coming from the restaurant starts in the late morning, and continues until around 2am or 3am. We found ear plugs on the night sides when we first went to the bedroom area. That night we found out why.
It would of been nice to have some kind of heads up, before we rented this condo.
I am so sorry the noise was so bad for you. We do say in the description the condos are right downtown above a restaurant. We provide ear plugs as a courtesy to alleviate any noise. We also could have provided a fan for some white noise if you had contacted me.
Hope you enjoyed Whitefish itself.
Great Property, but...
This is a great property. As advertised, it is right in the center of downtown Whitefish and close to shops and restaurants. The drive to Glacier is 30-45 minutes. When we arrived, the suite was clean, and great information about the town was provided by the owners. Bathroom was a great size and kitchen was stocked with dishes, cutlery, etc.
There were a few things to keep in mind:
1. This property has a balcony, which is lovely. However, it overlooks an alley behind restaurants, etc. as well as the public parking lot, and if you open the doors or sit outside, you can sometimes smell garbage. Particularly the warmer it gets outside.
2. The property is above an Italian restaurant that serves wood-fired pizzas. When they fire that oven up in the morning, the property smells heavily of wood smoke. Not sure if it's because of shared ventilation or something, but it's not faint or occasional. It's constant during business hours for the restaurant. If you're not planning on being there very much, not a big deal, but if you are like my husband and myself, with allergies, and plan a couple of days to be lazy...you will be in a smoky place.
3. We bring a white noise machine with us everywhere because we are that kind of high-maintenance couple, but if you didn't have that, you would hear all of the kitchen noise from the restaurant during the night as well as the noise from the alley (boisterous late-night discussions to and from parking lot, restaurant dumping trash/bottles/etc.). The property owners do provide earplugs to help with that.
4. There is no door between the bedroom and the living/kitchen area. From the bedroom, the bed faces the sliding door to the balcony. There is a privacy screen that blocks some light, but it is by no means blackout. If that matters to you, the morning light will be a factor for you.
5. You have to carry your luggage, etc. up a decently steep flight of stairs.
We really did enjoy our stay and the only thing we had a real issue with was the amount of wood smoke during the day, but I did want to provide detail for people who might consider any of the other things a factor.
Thank you so much for your detailed review! I am glad you did enjoy your stay. I know the convenience of being downtown and close to everything does have the noise factor. I will get a white noise unit for the rooms also. Thank you for that idea!
I will check into the smoky thing. I had not heard about that before but will brainstorm with the buildings owners and see if there is anything we can to to resolve that.
Thanks again for your feedback!
Our first family vacation in Whitefish . We have traveled to whitefish for soccer but never explored the area. Our stay was soooo amazing. This suite is the perfect location and the accommodations were outstanding. Short distance to Glacier National Park and the restaurant directly under neath the suite is outstanding. The family wants to come back in the fall to do the going to the sun road trip again and in winter to do some skiing. Thank you Rebecca for a lovely stay!!
So glad you enjoyed it Juli!
We hope you do come back soon!
Perfect location in Downtown Whitefish
This property is right in the heart of Whitefish and is within walking distance to all downtown has to offer. It was perfect for a weekend ski vacation.
WHITEFISH DOWNTOWN SUITES ARE ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF A DOWNTOWN RECENTLY FULLY RESTORED AND REMODELED BUILDING. CONDOS SIT ABOVE TRENDY TRUBY'S DOWNTOWN RESTAURANT. THEY ARE 5 HOTEL-LIKE SUITES - THERE ARE (2) TWO BEDROOM CONDOS, (2) ONE BEDROOM CONDOS AND (1) STUDIO. THE STUDIO AND (1) OF THE ONE BEDROOM CONDOS CAN BE RENTED AT THE SAME TIME AS THEY SHARE A LOCK-OFF DOOR. ALL COME WITH LUXURY LINENS, A SLEEPER SOFA IN THE LIVING AREA AND A FULL KITCHEN. ALL OF THE WHITEFISH DOWNTOWN SUITES ARE LISTED ON VRBO. SNOWBUS UP TO WHITEFISH MOUNTAIN RESORT (BIG MOUNTAIN) IS FREE! STEP OUT THE DOOR ONTO CENTRAL AVENUE AND EXPERIENCE ALL THAT WHITEFISH HAS TO OFFER – SHOPS, GALLERIES, TOP NOTCH RESTAURANTS, BREWERIES – YOU NAME IT!!! HOP IN THE CAR AND YOU ARE LESS THAN 20 MILES FROM THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE CROWN OF THE CONTINENT, GLACIER NATIONAL PARK. NORTHWEST MONTANA IS A VACATION PLAYGROUND THAT HAS IT ALL.