The house is beautiful, five-bedroom (sleeps 14), two-and-one-half-bath home in a lovely woodland setting. Fully furnished including cable TV, free wireless Internet, and DVD/VCR. In the resort area, close to the ski lodge, golf course, and restaurants; within a short drive of the internationally acclaimed Skyline Drive.
New this year (2017): All new furniture, Air Hockey Table, hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, and new vanities (pictures will be up shortly). Sorry, pets are not accepted.
For more information or reservations, please call.
What to do? There is no shortage of options in the Valley:
* Massanutten Resort resort offers 27 holes of golf, skiing, snowboarding, and snowtubing as well as hiking, fishing, horseback riding, swimming, and miniature golf; Encounters Lounge brings in live bands for your entertainment; several eateries are located inside the resort.
* Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are easily accessible for four-season hiking and scenic drives (severe winter weather may close drive), horseback riding, and breathtaking views.
* George Washington National Forest to the west offers mountain biking, hiking, fishing, swimming in natural ponds, and hunting; an alternative site on 'GW' can be found on the gorp site.
* In addition, Lakewood and Spottswood golf courses are located within ten minutes of the house.
* Public swimming is available at the resort and at nearby at Swift Run and other locations.
* The Blue Ridge Angler is the local authority on fly-fishing and guided fishing trips.
* Shenandoah River Outfitters and Massanutten River Adventures provide river trips on the scenic Shenandoah via canoe, kayak, etc.
* Chalot's Antiques is one of many antique shops in the area.
* There are many spectacular underground caverns open to the public; Shenandoah Caverns and Endless Caverns are the most popular.
* No trip to Luray is complete without a stop at the Luray Reptile Center.
* The New Market Battlefield is open year round with an interpretive museum and car tours; each May, a re-enactment of the Civil War battle is held with thousands of uniformed soldiers.
* The Virginia Quilt Museum, Shenandoah Valley Folk Art and Heritage Center, Fort Harrison, and the Port Republic Museum are a few of many popular museums in the area.
* Silver Lake Mill and the Dayton Farmer's Market are popular destinations in Dayton.
* Coors Brewery and Merck Pharmaceuticals are located within 15 minutes of the house.
* James Madison University is eight miles from the property; Bridgewater College and Eastern Mennonite University are nearby as well.
* For more information about the area, see Shenandoah Valley Web, Shenandoah Valley Travel Association, Shenandoah Adventures, Harrisonburg Rockingham Convention and Visitors Bureau, or the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce.
Keywords: House, Home Rental, Vacation Rental