|Space||550 sq. ft.|
|Property type||house boat|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Pristine, serene, IN-CITY private houseboat master SUITE (not the whole houseboat) on the lovely Willamette River. This is a small, upscale floating home community, the only one actually within Portland proper on the downtown (southwest) side of the Willamette River. Located 2.5 miles directly south of the downtown core, but an island of tranquility between checking out the Portland action.
Portland is famous as a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, wine and beer connoisseurs, garden lovers, foodies, art lovers, water sports - you name it. My houseboat is located right smack in the middle of it all and just seven minutes by car or Lyft/Uber from downtown Portland. And no bridges to cross!
*NOTE: Guests do not have access to the main portion of the house where I live, nor do I have access to your waterfront suite, except in an emergency. There is a private guest entry. While the lower waterside deck is shared with me, I do my best to give my guests privacy most of the time except for those times when I need to occasionally water plants, or do my daily paddle board. But I have my own decks upstairs, too. :)
The master suite has a private deck entrance, bath and sitting area. Gorgeous new waterside cedar deck. Enjoy wildlife, fish, swim, sip wine by the river-rock gas fire pit. Faces west to park setting and beautiful sunsets.
* You've never slept on a bed this comfortable! A lush new memory foam queen mattress with Pottery Barn linens and plenty of great pillows.
* Private bath with tiger bamboo flooring, nine-foot cedar ceilings, double granite sinks, heated towel racks, heated bidet, and 6-ft soaking tub which is a shower/tub combo.
*A small nook is located off the sitting area with a good-sized bar fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and tea maker.
* Guests must sign waiver to use bikes.
* Nice-sized refrigerator with small freezer
* Dishes, glasses & utensils included
* Coffee pot, coffee
* Electric hot water pot with tea
* Hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion included
* Alfresco dining table for six.
* Beach towels included.
* River rock gas fire pit on deck for those lovely evenings by the fire with your glass of wine
* A small safe is provided for your valuables.
* Includes use of 2 adult mountain bikes. (Helmets must be worn, locks used and waiver signed.)
* Wifi, of course.
* 42-inch wide screen TV with HBO and Roku for Netflix, Pandora, etc. No local cable.
* Electric candles are provided. (No candles may be burned inside.)
* Iron and ironing board
* Local food and activity guides provided. (Leave your comments!)
* 2- 7 min to great food, bars, shops on this side of Willamette and in quaint Sellwood community, just over the bridge.
* Just over bridge from Sellwood Farmer's Market on Wednesday afternoons
* Natural grocery store/deli - 300 yards away (Zupan's); and New Season's (1.5 miles, 7 minutes)
PLEASE NOTE: No cooking in the room other than heating in the microwave. Lots of great restaurants nearby!
(In-between eating and drinking!)
* Oak Park just across the river for beaching, summer concerts, walking the nature paths. and historic amusement park
* Riverfront Loop - Great biking path right by the houseboat which connects to Springwater Corridor just over the Sellwood Bridge. - An easy 11-mile loop through downtown Portland with fun brewpubs and restaurants along the way.
*Rent stand-up paddle boards and kayaks within a half mile of houseboat.
* International Test Rose Gardens - (4.7 miles, 15 min drive, overlooking downtown) Stunning rose gardens famous the world over with astounding city views!
* Portland Zoo : great summer concerts, gorgeous zoo! (13 min,, 5.6 miles)
* Edgefield McMenamin's: Fabulous outdoor music venue, with small golf course, and amazing, eclectic, historic hotel with about a dozen unique bars to wander through. Used to be an old poorhouse. Great place to spend the night and use their outdoor soaking tubs!
THE SURROUNDING SIGHTS
(If you ever get tired of all that vibrant, eclectic Portland offers!)
* Multnomah Waterfalls: (38min., 33 miles) Hike the trails or just gawk at this famous two-tiered, 620-foot waterfall - the tallest in Oregon. Well worth a stop on your way to nearby hiking!
* Willamette Valley Wine Country: (45. min. southwest) 440 wineries, 17,000 acres of vineyards with 75% devoted to the area's world-class Pinot Noirs. Make a day!
* Spectacular hiking, fishing, skiing on Mount Hood just over an hour east.
* Stunning beaches 1 hour west to the fabled Oregon Coast
* Hood River: (1:10 min., 68 miles) This windsurfing, kite-surfing, beer and wine mecca sits on the Columbia River. Well worth a day trip! Go thirty minutes up the backside of Mt. Hood to hiking and skiing at Mt. Hood Meadows and Timberline Lodge.
SOME OTHER NOTES:
* Check-in: 3pm Check-out: 11am
* Please let me know your arrival time by at least 48 hours before your stay so I can plan to meet you and give you the quick tour.
** IMPORTANT: Individual liability releases MUST be signed upon arrival by all parties BEFORE use of recreational equipment.
* I do NOT accept children under 15 years of age for water safety reasons. I love kids but it can be dangerous here with unprotected dock edges EVERYWHERE!
* Absolutely no pets, although, yes, I love dogs and have a very gentle 50-lb labradoodle.
* No more than TWO PERSONS per stay. There is only one queen bed and no room for an air mattress or sleeping on the deck. Sorry! And no, they cannot sleep on the couch.
* No parties please, other than small dinners on the deck. ( ...Heavy drinking and/or partying do NOT mix with houseboat risks of living on top of water. Trust me.)
* Bugs? Almost none. Really.
* Only 10 car minutes south of downtown Portland, 15-20 min. by bike along riverfront trail;
•Three miles north of downtown Lake Oswego
• 2 miles from downtown Portland (7 minutes)
• 2.4 miles to OHSU tram (8 minutes) (or drive to OHSU in 12 min.)
• 6 miles to Portland State University (12 min.)
• 16 miles to Nike (27 min.)
• 18 miles from Intel in Hillsboro (32 min.)
• Bus line just 1 block away
CHECK-IN: 3PM CHECK-OUT: 11AM
* NOTE ABOUT SEASICK QUESTIONS: My houseboat - floating home, technically - is VERY stable. You may notice a very SLIGHT movement once a day or less, but mostly you will not even know you are on a floating home. That has never been an issue with anyone down here in big homes like mine. In addition, I am on the inside on something like a lagoon, so I miss the main channel turbulence. Plus, my entire float was completely rebuilt in 2015 to add even more stability so, no, you won't get seasick. That being said, there's always a first...
** I reserve the right to limit swimming or bicycle usage during certain times of year under any of the following circumstances:
* I deem weather conditions are unsafe.
* I believe a person is under the influence of a substance that may impair them.
* I believe a person is not fit enough to be safe.
THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION!
I want to keep my guests safe so they'll come back...
I grew up in Newport Beach, CA, on the bay and have been a water nut ever since. Play on it, swim in it, or just sit by it and feel the peace. I am an artist by trade (write and shoot, mostly for television) and have lived all over the US (Boston, Tucson, Seattle, Nashville, Idaho, Colorado, and Southern California to name a few.) I live here with my very quiet labradoodle and love meeting folks, traveling and learning about other cultures. I am happy to converse, but also happy to leave you alone if you prefer. I am very careful about giving my guests privacy and the lower deck is mostly yours.
Jennifer Moran purchased this house boat in 2013
Portland is the perfect mix of an eclectic, vibrant city with tons to do, explore, eat and drink, and filled with laid-back, community-minded people - and all surrounded by stunning nature, from the mountains to the beaches. My houseboat is the perfect combination of being close to all that this cool city offers, while also being a little island of tranquility and nature away from the city hustle. Lay low on the dock, or go out and explore all this part of Oregon offers - then come back to quiet relaxation and sunset on the river.
WATER EVERYWHERE! PEACE! NATURE! UNIQUE LIFESTYLE! ROMANCE! CREATIVE SPACE! ATHLETIC OPPORTUNITIES ABOUND! FOODIE, WINE AND BEER HEAVEN!
We came to this area for the main purpose of staying in a floating house to celebrate our 26th anniversary. This home is an absolute sanctuary. There is so much to do in walking distance beginning with walking out the door to the deck! We made a couple of stops into Zupan's (a gem of a market) and had snacks and meals on the deck. From the deck, we saw the ducks, geese, blue heron, an eagle, and fish jumping continuously. Walking out your door to paddle board, canoe or jump in a boat for water time must be a dream. Life on the river seems like an incredible way to live. A few places we went are Hawks View Cellars, Cannon Beach to see Haystack Rock, driving up 101 into Washington, a walk to Southeast Portland along the Williamette River, a drive to Mount Hood to visit Timberline Lodge, Trillium Lake, and Zigzag Falls. Jennifer was a joy to visit with and is a wealth of information. All her accommodations are perfect. Thank you so much for your hospitality and the use of your beautiful home. We discussed how we felt at home right away and leaving was a definite let down. I would love to come back and see even more of the area if I could tear myself away from that deck! Lastly, thank you for the beautiful weather you had on hand for us as well.
Houseboat Heavan was a perfect getaway to celebrate our anniversary! Jennifer was so accommodating and the houseboat community is so unique. The room was spacious, clean, and so close to so many awesome attractions and restaurants. We hope to be back someday!
Hard to describe how wonderful it felt to wake up to the river flowing past your deck, immersed in nature but just steps away from anything Portland! Biking along the Willamette and over bridges, walking to nearby pubs or restaurants....this was everything we had hoped for and then some. Jennifer is a wonderful host and will make this experience as private or as social as you wish and my husband and I both agree that our visits with her were half the fun! Beautiful and comfortable inside, well appointed and we can't wait to come back!
A tranquil piece of heaven in the middle of the city, minutes from downtown and to many great places to eat. Jennifer was a friendly and gracious host. Clean and cozy. Gorgeous deck. We will definitely be back.
We had a great time over the labor day weekend! It was a lovely respite from the city, and so relaxing... Jennifer, thank you for a great visit and taking good care of us! It is not your standard get-away - the bridge and walkway make for a memorable entry! it was a beautiful view from the walkway. The unit is clean and perfectly comfortable for 2.
My husband and I had a great stay at Houseboat Heaven. The property is very clean and in a convenient location. We really enjoyed going out on the paddleboards and exploring the river. Unfortunately, we were only in Portland for a quick stop - I wish we were there longer to take advantage of the property and bikes!
We are the ONLY houseboat community in southwest Portland and one of only three such communities on the Willamette River. Literally ten minutes out of wonderful downtown Portland where you can eat, drink and shop to your heart's content. Or cross the river to historic/vintage inspired Sellwood, and SE and NE Portland for eclectic foodie heaven. Wine country is 45 min. west, the gorgeous coast an hour west. Ski Mt. Hood 1:15 min east. Paddle board rental and lessons are available five minutes away on the river, as well as kayaks.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||A$79.59 + Tax|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$198.97|
Rates are subject to change before reservation is confirmed by payment.
* CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund if canceled at least THIRTY days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled within 30 days of your arrival. NO REFUND if within 7 days of arrival. Thanks for understanding! This is a business, folks.
** NO PETS, so please don't ask. I love dogs and have a labradoodle on the premises, but there isn't room. And it can be dangerous.
** Parking is limited to ONE car.
** We are respectful of each others privacy and quiet hours here at the marina, and all live very close to each other. If you are extremely loud or disrespectful during quiet hours (roughly 10 or 11pm to 8am) I reserve to the right to make you leave and refund half your money. Please - I don't want to do that!
** And finally, just so you know, five percent of my proceeds go to help the homeless in Portland. I am lucky to have a beautiful home and feel fortunate to be able to help others who don't. :)