Cabin Rental With Farm Interaction Activities, Children Welcome.
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Children are most welcome.Children are most welcome.
Max guests: 8
- Payment is due at time of booking. Unless there is a medical emergency no refunds after two days prior to your visit. Sorry Pets are not allowed. We have guardian dogs on site to protect the livestock. Our farm animals are pets and should be treated as such. ONly approach farm animals with John or Cathie present for your safety. You can add breakfast and or dinner that will be a separate invoice (PayPal) generated from our site. If you wish to add breakfast and/or dinner please call us to make the arrangements. Breakfast is $14. ea adult Dinner is $16. each adult family style. Children's prices vary according to their ages. Call us when you are getting close.(*Note you must call at least one mile prior to your arrival. Cell phones do not work here. If you have need of a phone while visiting we have a phone available for US calls). When you arrive honk your horn loudly. We will come out and let you in. (Or when you call we will give updated instructions).
Caves, Gold Medal Wineries, events, Big Trees, 88 miles from Lake Tahoe, Indian Casinos, Bear Valley Snow in Winter.
John or Cathie Orr
- english, English only unless you have an interpreter.
About John or Cathie Orr
John, retired Computer Engineer, retired from Hewlett Packard. Currently works for Local Jackson Walmart. Cathie, retired, wife of John, makes butter, cheese, quilts, crochets, plays violin and cooks. Both are Christians. John and Cathie met at Bella Vista High School in 1964, Fair Oaks California. Both were born in California. Cathie lived for a time in Bauxite Arkansas. John is a Viet Nam Veteran. We are grandparents of 6 grandchildren. John grew up in Fair Oaks CA and Cathie grew up in Orangevale CA. We both love animals and Country living so here we are. We love it so much we wanted to share the experience so here you are. Welcome.
John or Cathie Orr purchased this Cabin in 1999
Why John or Cathie Orr chose Mountain Ranch
This property is much like our grandmother's and John's grandparents and parents had back in the 1940's. with trees, two seasonal creeks, birds stars at night and the cows and chickens crowing and mooing. We like to grow our own food and be as sustainable as possible. Eating and preparing home grown food is much healthier and tastes much better too. The fresh air has really reduced our allergy problems that we had in the city and you can't beat hearing the birds chirp when you first poke your head outside in the morning. We love it here. *Note* 2016 did not get a garden due to the devastation the 7th worst wildfire California has ever had "The Butte Fire". The fire destroyed homes and properties surrounding us and 37 of our acres. Our home and business is still in progress of being restored. Except for some debris from repairs you are not able to tell we had any losses. Please bear with us while we recover. Thanks.
What makes this Cabin unique
We have Satelite for WIFI (no streaming, or gaming due to only being able to get limited 15 gb per month signal)and no cell phone coverage so we are able to commune with nature and the technology of today has to take a backseat. However for those who absolutely must keep in touch with work, the WIFI is still available. Its a place where you can bring your children and feel safe about them playing in the front yard away from the city dangers. Please watch us on PBS. go to Americas Heartland , episode 1109