Relax in the famous "Honeymoon Cottage" in the Duckpond Historic District. This 2-bedroom, 1-bath Spanish-style vacation rental home for 4 offers both charm and comfort. You'll love the remodeled old-style bathroom with a claw-foot tub and the open kitchen. The home is by the Thomas Center gardens and is an easy walk to downtown where you'll find restaurants, the Hippodrome Theater and more. The University of Florida and Shands Hospital are nearby, while the best bakery in town is 2 blocks away!
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Air Mattress
Built in 1926 as a honeymoon cottage for a local family’s newlywed daughter, this is a perfect place for a couple or 2 staying in Gainesville, Florida.
Prepare a meal in the fully equipped, updated kitchen, enjoy a cup of coffee on the front patio or watch a show on the flat-screen Roku TV. Take a relaxing bath in the claw-foot tub and appreciate a restful night’s sleep in this comfortable home.
This perfectly located home is just steps away from the Historic Thomas Center, with gallery exhibits, jewel box concerts, weddings and other events. Just 2 blocks away is Vine Bakery, where you will find gluten-free options and can enjoy happy hour on Fridays and Sunday morning brunches.
Tour the neighborhood as you take an easy and pleasant 0.6-mile walk downtown, where you will find a great assortment of restaurants, the Hippodrome theater, live music, farmers’ market, art and cultural festivals and more.
Depot Park and the Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention, and Innovation Square are just a 5-minute drive away. The University of Florida and Shands Hospital are less than a 10-minute drive away, and Publix Supermarket is only half a mile away.
Paynes Prairie Preserve and La Chua Trail are only a 13-minute drive away. The trail is an excellent place for wildlife watching and has an elevated boardwalk and an observation tower. See hundreds of alligators and birds, and if you are lucky, spot wild horses and bison.
Forty-five minutes away is Gilchrist Blue Springs State Park which contains a collection of natural springs. Paddle, swim, snorkel, or just enjoy the beautiful views of these natural springs. For more outdoor recreation, Ichetucknee Springs State Park is roughly 1 hour away.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, air conditioning, flat-screen TV with Roku, claw-foot bathtub, furnished and covered front patio, furnished and covered back patio, private picnic table, 1 on-site parking space and additional street parking, washer/dryer, Bluetooth/CD player, iron/ironing board, hair dryer and linens/towels
- Historic Gainesville location 10 minutes away from the University of Florida and Shands Hospital, 0.6 miles to Downtown Gainesville, near the Publix Supermarket, 13 minutes from La Chua Trail, and 45 minutes away from Gilchrist Blue Springs State Park. Steps from the beautiful, Historic Thomas Center and 2 blocks from Vine Bakery.
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Gainesville Regional Airport - 3880 NE 39th Ave A, Gainesville, FL 32609, (~4 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- No fires. Fireplace is not functional
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Two night minimum is required for weekend stays