For weddings, please see the conditions at the bottom of this page.
This magnificent 8 BD - 8.5 BA luxury Villa dates back to the XVth century and lies on the hill of "Poggio Imperiale", one of the most exclusive residential areas of the city of Florence. Being only one mile away from Porta Romana square, a renowned "gate" into the heart of the historic district of the city, the villa is ideally located to visit Florence and its Tuscan surroundings at their very best!
The villa is nested within 3 hectares (7.4 acres) of private land and has recently been extensively renovated (early 2017) by the owners to the highest standards. All of the original charm and architectural features have been strictly maintained and are highlighted by the typical Tuscan landscape, second to none for its striking beauty.
Original frescoes were found in several rooms during restoration work, having previously been painted over and hidden (by past owners). Each living space has been elegantly appointed, combining traditional and contemporary elements including artwork from the owner’s private collection that has been in the family for generations. This very special atmosphere makes the villa a truly unique gem, just within a few minutes from the very best that the city of Florence has to offer!
This secluded estate boasts breathtaking views of the beautiful Tuscan hills and provides its guests with a unique blend of indoor and outdoor living, perfect for a family reunion, a group of friends traveling together, or an anniversary party. With its 8 wonderfully decorated bedrooms (each with it’s own private bathroom), the property offers the ultimate accommodation for your dream luxury holiday in Florence!
The Outdoor Area – Garden and Pool.
The villa features a beautiful stone courtyard with a water fountain, several shaded areas (perfect for relaxing during the hot summer days), a large private pool with beautiful views of the surrounding hills, olive groves, and several lawns that are ideal for outdoor summer banquets.
The garden is spread over different levels and is full of fruit and olive trees, colorful roses, century-old cypresses and pine trees. Every Fall season the olives are harvested to produce a delicious organic olive oil (guests are welcome to participate in the harvesting process, that is always lots of fun!).
The garden also looks out onto the beautiful Villa del Poggio Imperiale – from 1737 to 1860 residence of the "Lorena" family, the Austrian Grand dukes of Tuscany. The Arcetri observatory, where Galileo Galilei continued his astronomical research after being called to Florence in 1610 by Cosimo II dei Medici can be seen as well.
The Private Heated Pool.
The wonderful salt-water infinity pool is perfectly maintained at all times and comes with a full set of comfortable sun loungers, several parasols, and brand new outdoor furniture (including a table with chairs for al fresco dining by the pool). Being fully exposed to the sun all day, the pool’s water gets very warm (often more than 31-32 Celsius/88-90 Fahrenheit) during the summer months, while it is heated during the Spring and Fall.
The pool size is: 11 meters in length x 5.5 meters in width (36 x 18 ft). By the "Roman stairs" the width is 7.3 meters (24 ft).
The villa’s location is by far one of its best and most important features. While immersed in the beauty and quietness of the typical Tuscan landscape it is located just about a mile away from Porta Romana Square (where the old city walls begin), which represents the beginning of the historic district of the city of Florence. So, all of the cities’ main points of interest can be easily and quickly reached in just a few minutes either by car, taxi, bus or even on foot.
Just to name a few examples, world renowned Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) and the Uffizi museum (the very “heart” of the historic district) are only about 1.9 miles away, while the main train station (Santa Maria Novella) and Piazza Del Duomo (Main cathedral) only about 2.5 miles away.
The nearest grocery stores, restaurant/pizzeria, pharmacy, bakery, cafes are located just within a 6-7 minute walking distance. At this same location it is also possible to get the bus that takes right into the heart of the center in just a few minutes.
Taxi service works perfectly as well, as taxis usually reach the villa within 4 minutes from the time they are called (nearest taxi station is only about 1 mile away).
Furthermore, from the villa it is also possible to easily reach the road leading to the nearby Chianti villages (such as Greve, Panzano, Gaiole just to name a few), the freeway to places like San Gimignano or Siena, and to the A1 Highway (to reach Rome, Milan, Naples or other places in Tuscany such as Pisa, Lucca).
The villa spreads over 3 floors (ground, first and second), is more than 800 square meters (about 9000 sq. ft.) in size, and comes with a total of 8 double bedrooms and 8 full bathrooms so it can comfortably accommodate up to 16 guests. All of the interiors have been completely renovated (in early 2017) with brand new beds, mattresses, sofas, curtains and carpets of the finest Italian quality.. Below is a detailed description of each floor:
- Large Living Room (85 s.m. – 1000 sq. ft.) with original Frescoes, ceilings about 5 meters (18 ft) high, and a 47" Led TV (with sky satellite channels and an oversized comfortable sofa)
- Large fully equipped eat-in kitchen with original Frescoes on the ceiling and a large teak wooden table. Equipped with an American style fridge/freezer/ice maker, dishwasher, oven, gas stove, microwave, kettle, toaster, VitaMix blender, Nespresso Coffee machine, French press and Drip-coffee machine, Moka style machine (Italian style coffee machine).
- Open dinette attached to the kitchen furnished with a second wooden table
- One King bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower)
- Large Laundry room with washer and dryer, iron and ironing board
- Powder room
From the kitchen-dinette area it is possible to access the courtyard (where the water fountain is located) to the covered patio for outdoor dining (equipped with a large table accommodating up to 16 guests) and the outdoor living room with new, comfortable furniture.
- The main entrance to the villa (from the facade) is located on this floor
- Entrance hall
- Office room with large desk and Wi-Fi printer
- Kitchenette equipped with dishwasher, sink, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, and a stove
- Formal Dining room with large table for seating up to 16-18 guests
- 1 Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower). Upon request it is possible to setup as two twin beds
- 1 bedroom with two large twin beds (that can be joined to form a King bed upon request) and an en-suite bathroom (with shower)
- 1 bedroom with two twin beds (that can be joined to form a King bed upon request) and an en-suite bathroom (with shower)
- 1 Master Bedroom with King bed, a large walk-in closet, and an en-suite bathroom with shower
- 1 Master Bedroom with King bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower
- 1 Master Bedroom with King bed, original Frescoes on the ceiling, and an en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- 1 Master Bedroom with King bed, large walk-in closet, and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Air conditioning
- Private (heated) swimming pool with comfortable modern lounges, table and chairs with umbrellas
- Internet Wi-Fi throughout
- Sky satellite TV in the villa's Main Living Room (47”) and one in the Master Bedrooms on the 2nd floor (50”)
- Private garden and Spacious gated parking (for up to 15 cars)
*** A “City Tax” of € 3.00 per person per night, applicable for a maximum of 7 nights, is to be paid upon arrival as per the city of Florence regulatory rules (kids under 12 are exempt)***
**Conditions to hold weddings at the property**
- The minimum chargeable rate during the high season (Early May-Mid October) would be for 7 nights. The usual minimum stay is 7 nights Saturday to Saturday, exceptions can be made to allow a shorter stay but the rate will remain for a 7 night stay.
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending, would apply extra (the amount varies according to the final number of guests). The maximum number of guests allowed for any event on the property is normally 60-80 people.