In 1905 a well to do New York City businessman built the Estate House at Ellinwood. Surrounded with pine trees to cleanse the air, the home was built as a retreat and place of healing for his daughter Ellin, the Estate’s namesake. Today the carefully and luxuriously remodelled Estate serves a similar function: a place away from it all, yet close to it all.
This airy and well appointed Estate House sits on a nature preserve of nearly 80 acres in Morris County, NJ. Combining elements of Craftsman and French Country charm with modern conveniences, the House will put you at ease, a place for retreat and re-connection.
Arriving at the Estate, after pulling up through the farm fields and charming original barns, you will come to the peak of Kings Hill and take in the grounds, whose charm will be immediately apparent. After settling in, as you walk out onto the Belvedere porch and take in the view of the New Jersey Highlands, you will completely forget you are just 30 miles from downtown Manhattan.
With our Base Package the charming and luxurious estate house is all yours to enjoy. Increase the luxury with our Full Service Package, which includes breakfast, packed lunch, and a turn-down service.
* Escape the City for a weekend of relaxed charm with a special someone or a group of friends
* Lounge around a campfire, taking in the spectacular view with cocktails as you await your catered dinner in the airy and windowed dining room
* Explore the nearly 80 acre preserve, walking along the historic, and now private, Kings Highway, which formerly ran through the property
* Enjoy a couple's massage in the Sunroom after a rejuvenating soak in our 6’ whirlpool tubs
* Spend the day exploring the phenomenal beauty of the Highlands region and an evening in Morristown’s historic downtown
* Why have your business meetings in a crowded office? Build team and gain perspective with an overnight retreat at the Estate