This year round cabin is 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1829sqft house is located about 90 minutes drive north of Phoenix in Pine, AZ (elevation is 5,448 feet = 20º cooler year round) (Pine is about 15 miles north of Payson) and has all you might need in a home away from home but with all the serenity, tall pine, & starry night views the city is missing: central heating, cathedral ceilings, covered deck, fully stocked kitchen, laundry room with full size washer and dryer, ceiling fans in every room. Amenities include Netflix, wifi, Directv, HBO, clean linens, and towels. Picturesque views, quiet street, tall pines, wild life (deer, elk, squirrel, birds, etc.) Property has an alarm system and includes a security camera inside on top of kitchen wall pointed at the entrance.
NOTE: Thermostat is locked at 72°F due to a past guest changing settings causing AC & heat to run simultaneously which fried the motherboard and disabled both. Cost us $$$ to fix. If 72° feels too warm or cool, there are fans and space heaters throughout. But if you want it adjusted to a different temperature during your stay just text Jennifer and we will remotely make the change for you.
The upstairs bathroom has a jacuzzi tub (sadly only for one but man is it relaxing), a separate shower, towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap. The upstairs master has a king size bed, some empty dresser drawers, and closet with hangers. The living room has leather couch, love seat, and chairs that are being restored. The upstairs dining area has table and seating for 6. Folding card table & 4 chairs in laundry room.
The garage is off limits.
Downstairs you will find a second full bathroom with towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap. Also downstairs are the second and third bedrooms. One with a queen bed, empty dresser, and closet with hangers. The other has 4 twins in L-shaped bunk beds and walk-in closet with hangers.
Stairs required to get to main level and downstairs bedrooms.
The kitchen has pots, pans, silverware, utensils, knives, 12 large dinner plates, 8 medium plates, 8 dessert size plates, 8 cereal bowls, 6 coffee mugs, 4 wine glasses, 8 pint glasses, 4 tumblers, electric oven/stove, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, hand held mixer, mixing bowls, toaster, blender, crockpot, regular coffee pot, and an electric water kettle. Coffee, tea, ketchup, mustard, & basic spices provided.
The deck has a couch swing, 3 Adirondack chairs, round patio table with 4 chairs, and a propane BBQ grill.
We do not provide air mattresses for extra guests.
DEFAULT Cleaning Package 1: $75 covers laundry and beds only, YOU clean kitchen and bathrooms - check out time is 11a.
Cleaning Package 2: $150 includes ME cleaning whole house for you - check out time is 11a
Cleaning Package 3: $0 YOU do laundry, put away sheets/towels, remake beds, clean living room, kitchen, laundry room, bedrooms, & bathrooms - check out time for Opt 3 is 3p - Cleaning deposit will not be refunded until AFTER you've left your online review.
There's a regular coffee pot with reusable filter and an electric water kettle. Coffee, tea, ketchup, mustard, & basic spices provided. Propane BBQ grill. I try to keep it full but if it ever runs out the cost to fill to use is on you. The gas station across from the hardware store does refills. It cost me $9 to refill when it was completely empty and swaps are about $20+.
We don't provide air mattresses for extra guests. Only sleeps 8 (2 in Master King, 2 in Queen, & 4 in single twin bunk beds).
There aren't any alarm clocks in any of the bedrooms because you're on "Pine Time" (aka vacation).
There is NO trash service at Pine Time cabin. Please pack out whatever you hauled in. The Texaco gas station (toward Strawberry) has a $2/bag dumpster if you don't want to haul it home.
You may want to bring your own:
• food (there's always excess ketchup, mustard, & mayo in fridge)
• artificial sweetener if you use it (there is sugar and honey)
• paper towels if you use those (there are plenty of towels)
• paper napkins if you use those
• folding camp chairs for sitting around the fire-pit.
• pack-n-play (none here yet)
• toothpaste & toothbrush
• shaving razors
• graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate for campfire s'mores
Pine is a small town with a population of about 1,900. Shops, restaurants, bars, ice cream shop, & even a hardware store. Plus a Walmart, chain restaurants, etc are in Payson only about 15 minutes away.
Acres of hiking & biking trails, waterfalls, swimming streams, boating, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, & golf all very nearby.
1) Leave the cabin CLEAN & as you found it. If kitchen and bathrooms are not clean when you check out you will be charged $100 more (unless you chose Cleaning Package 2). The current $75 fee ONLY covers the cost of washing linens, towels, and remaking all the beds so thoroughly clean up after yourselves. If you know that you don't plan on cleaning, let host know *before you book* to get a slight discount on extra cleaning fee. This is our HOME not a hotel. In order to keep the fees low you ARE required to leave it clean. Respect the house as if it were your very best friend's.
2) Respect the neighbors and wildlife. Sound carries a lot farther here in the woods. That's my nice way of saying NO loud parties or music.
3) Remove shoes at the entrance whenever possible.
4) Garage & locked cabinet in laundry room are off limits.
5) Do NOT cut or put hot pans on counters or tables. There are cutting boards, trivets, and hot pads provided.
6) NO SMOKING INSIDE. If you smoke outside use extreme caution and take ALL evidence with you.
7) There is NO trash service so you will be required to take it ALL with you (including bathroom trash). Aluminum soda/beer cans can be dropped in recycling bins at Ponderosa Market and Pine Elementary school has a paper/cardboard recycling bin. There is a $2/bag pay dumpster at the Texaco in Pine.
8) Do not change TV wiring. Weird that we even need to say that but a past guest did. (?)
9) The trampoline, playground, & fire pit behind my home belong to my neighbor and they've asked me to inform all guests that it's "private property & off limits" even if they appear to be away!
If these rules aren't followed we will place a claim against your security deposit.
• Check-in time is 3PM*. CAN be earlier if arrangements are made PRIOR to your stay.
• Check-out time is 11AM* but can be later IF arrangements are made PRIOR to your stay.
*=NOTE - if you check in the same day someone is checking out your check in time may need to be later to give time to reset. If no-one is checking out the day you check in your check in time can likely be earlier IF you ask and receive approval.
• INSTANT BOOKING IS NOT ALLOWED FOR 7+ GUESTS. Any number of guests over the 7 MUST be pre-approved by owner PRIOR to booking and in certain circumstances the extra person fee may be waived.
• After booking and before your trip PLEASE take a moment to read the cabin manual. There you will find the answers to nearly ALL your questions.
• Please feel free to text or message owner with any questions or concerns.
I’m learning that SNOW STORMS in Pine are usually accompanied by POWER OUTAGES and ALL my space heaters there are ELECTRIC… Travel with caution and HEED THE WARNINGS and know the difference:
Winter storms can range from a moderate snow over a few hours to a blizzard with blinding, wind driven snow that lasts for several days. Some winter storms are large enough to affect several states, while others affect only a single community. Many winter storms are accompanied by dangerously low temperatures and sometimes by strong winds, icing, sleet, & freezing rain.
Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2 to 5 days.
Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous. When caution is used, these situations should not be life threatening.
Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 36 to 48 hours. People in a watch area should review their winter storm plans and stay
informed about weather conditions.
Life-threatening, severe winter conditions have begun or will begin within 24 hours. People in a warning area should take precautions immediately.
Find us on Facebook by searching "PineTimeAZ".
P.S. If you're booking our cabin as a special romantic surprise get away and need a little extra something special like flowers, wine, champagne, etc. set up in advance please message the owner well in advance and we can probably help you out (for the cost and a nominal fee).