Turnip has a cool feel and is great for someone who wants a genuine, interesting houseboat experience yet still all the comforts of home. She has a junk style design, which is a common in Asia, a great roof for sitting on, and hobbity archways inside that really create the space.
- 1 queen size bed
- 1 sleeper sofa (1 person)
- 1 six foot sleeping nook (best for children)
- 1 full size blow up mattress and sheets available
- Sleeps 4 on the above furniture pieces
- 4 total overnight guests allowed
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, coffee press, kitchen essentials)
- Heated (2 portable heaters + 1 wall heater)
- Full bathroom (japanese style shower, toilet, sink)
- Wireless internet
- Kid friendly
- Indoor and outdoor breakfast/eating nook
- Deck and roof lounge area
- Parking out front the marina office building at a cost of $1 per hour. Weekdays, it is free before 9 am and after 4 pm. Weekends are free as well. Note: due to guest parking passes being taken by guests repeatedly, they are no longer available.
- 3 kayaks (first come, first serve)
You will have access to the place all yourself. I will have shower items for you, towels, sheets, etc.
Access to the boat is via a self-checkin process. All access and reservation instructions will be included in the confirmation page after booking.
Interaction with Guests...
Just a phone call away for whatever you need.
The area sits conveniently close to downtown Seattle and tucked between Fremont and Ballard. For those checking out the city, this is a great location. For those on business, also super convenient and comfortable. The closest grocery store is about a mile away in Fremont (PCC) so keep that in mind.
Other Things to Note...
- It's important to know that this is a boat and not a house, and that's its charm. While it does have everything you will need, its not like living in a house - doors are smaller, toilets are funny, stairs are steep, and sometimes the boat rocks.
- Seasickness and dizzyness is unlikely unless you are very sensitive.
- The ceiling height is not standard, max 7', plus there are a few smaller accesses to different parts of the house. If you are very tall, you may find this irritating. The entrance to the boat requires bending and stepping down. If you have physical difficulties, this may not be the best match.
- I have 3 kayaks available first come, first serve.
- There is a little cafe at the marina which does has WIFI, coffee, beer, wine. It is not open weekends.
- You will also receive full check-in instructions and the house manual before your arrival.