Well-located central London (Zone 2). Great travel links. Next to Olympic Park
- english, Using Google Translation
About John V
Well-rounded, easy-going professional. I've traveled extensively for both business & pleasure – both 5 star luxury & budget backpacking. Therefore, I can usually help make your stay fulfilling & pleasurable – inline with YOUR requirements... after-all one-size fits none! ;-) I don't speak all those languages, but I can communicate in different languages using Google Translate software!
John V purchased this Apartment in 2014
Why John V chose Stratford
Superior location, development & apartment. Out of 100 Ranked 96 Daily Life / 90% Travel links / 94% Entertainment / 91% Sport/Leisure – better than average safety by PlaceILive.com. Quiet but central, very convenient.
What makes this Apartment unique
Every aspect is better than the standard apartment letting.
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This apartment was great. The location was outside the London area but a beautiful place to be. The walk from the train was one of our favorite things. Apartment had all the amenities needed and nicely decorated. Great views to wake up to! There's a huge mall at the Stratford train station that has a great variety of food and great shopping. There's a coffee shop around the corner from the apartment that has the BEST coffee I've ever had!! John will answer any questions you have!
Wonderful week in London
The apartment was lovely. Very fun and accessible area. Trip of a lifetime!!!
Clean, safe, fully equipped. A quirky home from home.
Well, where do I start? We fell in love with this place straight away. I stayed 2 night with my partner and 13 year old son and we all felt comfortable and right at home. John literally couldn't do enough for us with his help, hints, tips and advice which was very much appreciated as it was my first trip to London. The apartment is far enough away from everywhere to be peaceful but close enough to everywhere to not feel too out of the way. A beautiful 10 minute walk from the DLR station makes it a perfect location. The lady who met us with the keys was kind and sweet answering all our questions before leaving us in spotlessly clean accommodation. All amenities are modern, the beds are so comfy and the balcony was pretty and perfect, especially with sliding doors leading on to it from the main bedroom. The quirkiness of the decor was funky and fab too!
We cooked breakfast there both mornings and also ordered a takeaway through Justeat on the second night which got to us quickly with no problems. Overall, with the help of owner John and position and standard of apartment, my first visit to London will not be my last.
We had a great stay in this apartment. It’s large and comfortable and a great place to return after a long day of sightseeing.
We enjoyed running or walking along the canal that you can see out the windows in the pics. We caught a West Ham United match in the Olympic Stadium next door. (They won 4-3!) it’s easy to use the Stratford station either by walking there or hopping onto the Pudding Mill DLR.
It is a wee bit of a train ride from town (maybe 20 mins) but after long days around the crowds in Central London we were happy to get some space. The neighborhood was very friendly. They’re a little quiet at first but if you are polite and friendly to them they seem very happy to have tourists in the area, especially Americans.
Taxi Tom picked us up from Heathrow and brought us to the apartment, and he drove us back to Heathrow at the end. Great guy to ride with. Svetlana greeted us, let us leave our bags and directed us to a few close spots for lunch while she finished readying the apartment for us.
The little grocery store that’s approximately 1/4 mile away had everything we needed and the owners were very nice. The Ethical Bean Co coffee place is open on weekdays @ 8am, great coffee and a great owner.
We ate at a few restaurants along the canal too- all good.
The apartment itself is very quiet and all 5 of us slept very well. We used the kitchen just to make light breakfasts and to store ice cream for night time so it functioned quite well. We would unwind around the large tv and watch Netflix at the end of the day. The in-apartment WiFi was great.
We even bought a West Ham football (soccer ball) and played in one of the large fields at Olympic park. We spent just a little time in the large Westfield shopping mall, and it was quite nice. Anything you could possibly need is within a 15-minute walk (we needed gloves and an Apple Watch charger).
I would certainly stay here again, as would my wife and our 3 kids. Thanks to John for being such a great owner!
Funky place with great views
This is a really cool apartment with fabulous views over the canal and the Olympic stadium.
The owner gave the most detailed set of instructions I have ever received from a Homeaway owner right down to a photo map from the nearest DLR station and exact timings from our airport.
The apartment is not as spacious as it looks from the photos as it is full of really cool and funky things.
We were 5 people and the extra bed was set up in the living room which wasnt ideal as there are no curtains so my daughter would have been woken early by the sun. The hallway is long though so we moved the bed in there which was lovely and dark.
Its about a 8 min walk from the apartment to the nearest DLR station, Pudding Mill Lane. We either took a DLR into Canary Wharf from there or one stop back to Stratford and a 30 min tube ride on the noisy Jubilee line to the centre of London.
We flew into Stansted airport. A 50 min National Express bus took us to Stratford so that was a very easy journey.
Overall we loved the apartment. Was a little far to centre of London, 45 mins in total, but it was lovely to explore Olympic Park
Stratford station to bank station (Zone 1 inner city) is 14mins, Bank station to Tottenham Court rd (geographic centre) is 7mins – according to Google & Transport for London. Unsure which route you were taking to amass 45mins.
Laura, You told me it was the best apartment you'd ever stayed in... but give it only 4 stars.
Statistically & factually the apartment is 33% larger than a standard 2 bedroom 2 bathroom London apartment. Yes there are some non essentials in terms of decor (mostly wall hung), but this is what most guests love over a minimalist apartments.
Fantastic apartment, Brilliant location and a very accommodating and helpful host. Thanks John
Well-located central London (Zone 2) with good travel links – adjacent to the new Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, a nice stroll to Europe’s largest shopping Centre (Westfield Stratford) & the beautiful Victoria Park. HUGE 1000sq ft, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Waterside, Luxury, Boutique, Designer-furnished, Super-clean Apartment. Spectacular 270º views from throughout the apartment through floor-to-ceiling glass façade. Ultra secure & safe gated development, 24/7 monitored CCTV & daytime security guarded. Located within a low-crime, historically significant area – unique in London – mostly artist studios, new residential developments, trendy café’s, bars & industrial architecture with amazing street art – ‘the new Shoreditch’ – young artisan & bohemian population. Yet opposite is the waterways, nature reserve & canal lock – a tranquil pocket of nature alive with wildlife & a constant flow of colourful canal boats. Perfect for business stays, family & group holiday lettings. Sorry no groups all under 25yrs please.
Travel links: Rank 91% (Place I Live)
• To Centre Point/Soho: 5 miles. 29-44 minutes (quick for London!)
• Pudding Mill Lane DLR station: 6mins walk.
• Hackney Wick / Stratford (2nd most connected in London) underground stations: 10 & 12 min walks.
• Bus stops: From 250 meters. 4 bus routes including 24/7 to Soho.
• Mainline train stations: Stratford station & international 12mins walk, (or short bus/taxi ride).
• Car hire: 300 meters. Also hire by the hour available locally.
• Cycle hire 500 meters & Boris bikes.
• HUGE: 1000sq ft – 35% larger than a standard London 2bed apartment.
• BOUTIQUE LIVING: Contemporary 'boutique hotel' style living designed with aesthetics and function in mind – light & airy, over-sized living space.
• INTERIOR STYLED: lavish open-plan lounge/dining/kitchen space and extensive storage areas. Innovative interior design, wooden-floored & fitted with 'designer’ furnishings.
• MODERN CONVENIENCES: Fully equipped – free Wi-Fi, sat TV, Blueray, DeLonghi coffee machine, PS3, Zeppelin AIR (top-end wireless music system), hair salon professional hairdryer & more.
• ARCHITECTURE: Landmark & award winning development – by internationally acclaimed architects, Pollard Thomas Edwards.
• PARKING: Secure & covered: Gated development, security guard daytime, CCTV 24/7, Convenient. Only £10 per day for up to 6 days. 7 days plus £5 per day.
• BABY FRIENDLY: BabyBjörn highchair, bouncer & carrier, cot, steriliser, plastic bibs, baby bowls & cutlery.
• LONDON GUIDES: Over £200 worth of the latest maps & guides.
• ENTERTAINMENT: Plenty of DVDs & movies on TV hard drive. Plenty of PS3 games. Play your own music through the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth & iPhone dock music system.
• BALCONY & COMMUNAL GARDENS: Landscaped communal gardens to enjoy, with seating and BBQ area. And your own private balcony with table & chairs accessible from the living area & both bedrooms.
• OFFICE AREA: With a great view & plenty of light. With extra large desk, quality desk lamp & fan, filing units & a £700 comfortable Hugo Boss chair.
LOCAL Facilities (walking distance or <15mins by car)
• EATING OUT: A variety of excellent waterside café’s, restaurants, bars & a specialist brewery a short stroll. Huge choice at Westfield, Stratford, Bow & Hackney (5mins taxi ride).
• ENTERTAINMENT: Ranked 94% (Place I Live). Inc.; Copper Box Arena; multiplex cinema; bowling alley; Aspers Casino; art galleries; museums.
• SHOPPING: Nowhere better than Westfield Stratford’s choice of shops. Or to experience Eastend shopping – 10mins walk to the famous Roman road.
• SPORTS & LEISURE: Ranked 91% by Place I Live. Inc; Olympic swimming pool, diving pool and gym; VeloPark Olympic cycle track; BMX track; children’s playground; Lovely nature walks & guided walks in the Olympic park; excellent waterside cycle ways.
• MARKETS: Old Spitalfields market 3miles/14mins. Columbia Road Flower Market 2.5miles/12mins.
• EVENTS ARENAS: Copper Box 800 metres. O2 4miles/14mins. ExCel 4miles/14mins.
• WATERSIDE LIVING: Recently regenerated waterways linked by extensive towpaths and cycle-ways. Sitting at the Lee Navigation canal & river Lea interchange. Resident swans, moorhens & geese (feed the swans).
• THEATRE: The Yard Theatre 0.6miles.
• CONVENIENCE STORE: 300 meters, supermarket 5mins by car, or order online.
• Towels & bed linen included.
• 24/7 hot water & under-floor easy-control heating.
• Kitchen is fully equipped for 6 people.
• 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 1 bath, 2 WCs, 2 basins.
• Beds: 2x double beds, 1x single John Lewis (top-of-range) folding bed. 3 meter long & wide £6,000 Natuzzi sofa.
• Smoking from the balcony only.
• Stays over 14 days.
• A couple with young children.
• Last-minute deals.
A superior, very well equipped & furnished ‘designer’ property with good travel links, plenty to-do & see and located in a unique & safe area of London – at an EXCELLENT VALUE price!