|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Villa Vicina is situated in the very centre of Milna on Brac. It is right at the heart of things, close to restaurants, coffee bars and shops, yet has a private, walled garden which protects it from noise and curious passers-by. As you walk down the steps, stamped with the history of this place, you reach the waterfront, by the crystal clear sea.
Villa Vicina is a house which seems to enrich your spirit and exude calm. You will simply feel relaxed there.
The house can accommodate 7-9 people comfortably. It consists of a kitchen/dining area/sitting room, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a separate WC. Placed just next to the villa, your children can enjoy in children playground.
This traditional Dalmatian stone house was fully renovated and decorated in 2005 so that the original architectural features have been preserved. The house can accommodate 7-9 people comfortably. It consists of a kitchen/dining area/sitting room, 3 double rooms, 2 bathrooms and a separate WC.
On the ground floor there is an open-plan kitchen/dining area/sitting room, occupying 55 m² and a separate WC, while on the first floor there are 2 double rooms and a bathroom.
On the second floor, in the attic space with wooden beams, there is a double room with a bathroom and terrace, with a fine view of the sea and the entire bay. There is also a sea view from the first floor.
Villa Vicina has a garden terrace (80 m²) which is partially covered, an outdoor fireplace and garden furniture for pleasant gatherings, an outdoor, private pool and shower and an orchard.
Villa Vicina has playground (200m2) with table tennis and for little ones there are small table with two chairs, small house with toboggan.
Villa Vicina offers you possibility of relaxing in Vicina private open space property, 2m by sea, 1,5nm by boat (surcharge). On your disposal you have:sun decks,parasol, table and chairs. The property is available in the period from Tuesday to Friday.
There is possibility of boat rental:Pasara 4.5 KS for 5pax (50-70 EUR* /price may vary depending on season). *Price doesn't include skipper (20-50 EUR). https://www.facebook.com/boatingbadalo
HOW TO REACH MILNA ON BRAC:
- From Austria and Hungary via Zagreb to Split on the A1 motorway.
- From Italy via Rijeka along the Rijeka-Zagreb motorway to Bosiljevo intersection, then on the A1 motorway to Split.
- From Split take the ferry to Supetar (Island of Brac).
- Take the modern tarmac road from Supetar to Milna on Brac (about 23 km).
- Most international airports have services to Split - in the high season there are more cheap flights and many charter companies add direct routes to Split from many European airports.
- Take the Croatia Airlines bus from Split Airport to Split Port (about €5 per person) or a taxi (relatively expensive in Croatia) or hire a car in Split Airport.
- From Split port take the ferry to Supetar (Island of Brac) - cost about €4 per person-
- Take the modern tarmac road from Supetar to Milna on Brac (about 23 km).
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS WE CAN ARRANGE FOR YOU:
- Sea Kayaking - explore hidden bays, beaches and small picturesque villages.
- Windsurfing - spend a day learning how to windsurf and enjoy this perfect summer activity.
- Sailing - spend a day aboard learning and enjoying.
- Diving - duration: 1 hour.
- Diving school - Duration: 10 hours (theory) and 12 hours (practical part).
- Fishing - for 4-7 people.
- Mountain biking - easy downhill from the highest peak of all Adriatic islands to the sea
- Climbing day - spend a day rock climbing at spectacular Brac locations.
- Wine tasting- wine tasting with us is truly an authentic experience.
- Visit to Blaca Hermitage - there is no better way to learn about the nature, history and traditions of Brac than walking with our guides.
- Biking - Duration:3-4 hrs.
WHOLE DAY EXCURSIONS:
- Hvar and Pakleni Islands tour - departure from Sumartin, Milna and Pucisca. Price: 650 EUR (up to 4 persons) 850 EUR (max 8 persons)
- Visiting the Blue Cave and Hvar town - from Bol to Sumartin to the Blue cave, Green cave, the town Hvar and back. Price: 800 EUR (up to 4 persons) 1000 EUR (max.8 people)
- Split tour - from Bol to Sumartin, Pucisca or Milna to Split and back. Price: 700 EUR (up to 4 persons) 900 EUR (max.8 persons).
Note: Prices may vary depending on season.
This traditional stone house is in the center of town, just 80 meters from the sea (1 minute walk), but you do not have to be afraid of noise and curious passers-by from the town: the enclosed garden with swimming pool and elevated location offers peace and privacy. The romantic surroundings of stone village houses with accompanying greenery and cultivated plants each enclosed by stone walls give you a sense of intimacy and serenity.
In the garden surrounding the pool you can enjoy in Mediterranean plants: olives, grapes, oranges, lemons and kumquats. There are also lavender, rosemary and sage as the spices for meat which you can prepare on the grill on the covered terrace with wooden furniture. Next to it is a playground with table tennis.
The house is also dominated by the antique wooden furniture that will, in contrast to the stone, give you warm family atmosphere. The colors scattered throughout the kitchen and bathrooms will cheer you up and help instill optimism.
From the rooms on the first floor, you will enjoy the sea view, a room on the second floor has access to a small terrace where you can drink coffee and watch the entire surrounding area: from the right side houses in a field and from the left the marina and center dominated by the bell tower of one of the most beautiful baroque churches on Brač, Our Lady of the Annunciation.
A cozy and wonderful stay in Villa Vicina. The house was just amazing – clean, well equipped and very beautifully designed. It was a pleasure to stay in Milna. Since the village is small, we mostly traveled all around Brac, but it was always nice in evenings to come back to Villa Vicina, which we could call home for these few days.
We would definitely recommend this house. A fantastic holiday, peace and privacy guaranteed!
Fantastic vacation at villa vicina. Amazing house. Great location. Private courtyard. Great facilities. Comfortable. Ivan was our host and was gracious, kind and responsive. We hired him and his boat for a day and we loved it. He showed us some islands, took us to a great little restaurant, we went snorkeling, and he collected shells for our kids. Connie, the turtle, was a big hit with our kids as well. On the days we didn't want to travel, we stayed by the pool side and enjoyed the tranquility of the villa.
Villa Vicina is a lovely house set in its own delightful garden complete with swimming pool. The house is spacious, clean, comfortable, very well equipped and well-maintained. A gardener comes in every day; bedding is changed weekly; and any problems are resolved in a matter of minutes because help is always nearby. There is even a pet tortoise in the garden.
Milna is a lovely fishing/yachting village town with a good selection of cafes/restaurants/bars. It has a nice town beach (20 mins from the property) with excellent swimming. Be warned: like most Croatian beaches it is quite rocky but a pair of flip-flops will get you into the water easily enough.
Getting on and off the island with a car on a Saturday is not easy though. We had to wait three hours for the ferry from Makarska to Sumartin (on Brac) and queued for five hours at Supetar (Brac) before crossing to the mainland at Split. There isn't a reservation system so you just have to turn up and wait which is not the best way to finish a glorious holiday. I feel surely this could be better organised.
Would I recommend the house? Definitely.
This was our first visit to Croatia and we were not disappointed. We loved Milna and Villa Vicina more than exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect; the villa spotlessly clean and well equipped and Marina the housekeeper extremely helpful and obliging. Although the villa is in a village, it felt peaceful and apart from the nearby church, which does chime throughout the night, there was nothing to disturb the tranquility. Milna is a small fishing village with yacht flotillas occasionally visiting which gave a happy 'buzz' to the port.
We would definitely recommend Villa Vicina and only wish our stay had been longer than 7 days!