3km & 3 stations / Paris night & day, exceptional design, entirely renovated 2016
- english, french, german
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great stay at a unique home
We were a large group of 10 people and stayed very comfortably at this lovely home. Everyone loved the style of the house, which was very spacious and clean, as well as the uniqueness of the layout with mini mezzanine sections in each of the three bedrooms upstairs which held the beds to sleep.
The house is fully equipped with anything you would possibly need for your stay. The 2 bathrooms, one on each floor, were clean and looked newly renovated, had great water pressure and everything. A plus for such a large group as ours is that the toilet and shower downstairs were separate. The large dining table was a cosy hang out spot during our stay allowing for all 10 of us to sit around and spend time together when at the house.
The house is located in a quiet suburban area, conveniently less than 5 minutes walk from the nearest train station. The only thing is the house was located outside of Paris according to the metro system, a bit further than we thought. However, transport was still very convenient with the station so close by; anywhere within central Paris can be reached within 30 minutes, not including wait time for the trains which can be quite far in between.
Anne-Carole was a great host, and even though I did not get the pleasure of meeting her during check in or when we left, she was always easily contactable and very helpful. She provided maps and details about the area and beyond.
Overall it was a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend any size group to stay in this lovely house. If I ever return to Paris not in the winter as we did, would definitely return to the house so we could make use of the charming outside courtyard!
Thank you very much Amanda for your nice comments. It was a pleasure for me to organize your stay in Paris with your large friends' group, so that you can enjoy your visits. I would be definitely pleased to host you again in summer! Anne-Carole
Excellent stay! Very comfortable and clean. Only 1 block to metro with access to central Paris.
Extremely nice town house. Very comfortable and well stocked. Communication with owner was good. Very close to metro to central Paris.
This is a fantastic property and was very comfortable for our family of 5. It had everything we could possibly need for our stay - a home from home. Downstairs is a lovely open-plan living area, and a bathroom with bath/shower. Also a lovely outside courtyard with seating and BBQ if the weather is good. As stated in the particulars, all the bedrooms have mezzanines for the sleeping area and have steep stairs to climb, however "bedroom 4" is a sofa bed in the living area if anyone is not able to climb. There is a second bathroom with shower upstairs and a balcony outside area.
Anne-Carole, the owner, was extremely helpful. Unfortunately the dishwasher broke down just before our visit, but she arranged a replacement. She also provided us with maps of the area, explained where various supermarkets, shops and restaurants were.
It is a 5 minute walk to the RER train station from the house and then a short 10/15 minute ride into central Paris - so very convenient.
Car parking is available but limited to half a day in the street, but there are plenty of streets within 5 minutes walk of the property where we could leave the car all day.
All in all a beautiful house and we would definitely return if visiting Paris again.
Thank you very much Caroline! I deeply appreciated to host you and your lovely family. I also must really thank you for having well maintained and cleaned the house, and for your wine bottle present!
For newcomers I can add to your comments that the double room upstairs beneficiates of "japaneese steps" with 2 handrails left and right, wich is a secure and easy way to climb to the mezzanine (children and elders are ok).
The children bedrooms are equiped with steep stairs and 1 handrail, wich is not recommanded for children and elders.
And for those who prefer it's also possible to sleep at the bottom of the all the bedrooms and not in the mezzanines. Last but not least, there are 2 double sofas downstairs, one 160*200 and another one 130*220. No stairs and direct access to toilets and Bathroom!
Places to see
South of Paris
• Châtelet les Halles (13 mn RER B, 7 stations from home)
• Saint Michel and Latin Quarter, Cité Island, Notre Dame Cathedral ... (11 mn RER B, 6 stations)
• Luxemboug's garden and museum, Senate, Latin Quarter, Pantheon, ... (9 mn RER B, 5 stations):
• Paris Catacombs (5 mn RER B- Denfert Rochereau, 3 Stations)
• International Students Campus (15 minutes by foot, 3 minutes RER B - 2 Stations from home)
• Eiffel Tower: RER B Denfert Rochereau, Line 6 in Charles de Gaulle direction, stop at Bir Hakeim (29 mn)
• Exhibition Center of Versailles: RER B Cité Universitaire, Tramway T3 Garigliano Bridge direction, stop at Porte de Versailles, (25 mn)
• EuroDisney park: RER B Roissy, change at Châtelet les Halles for RER Marne La Vallée: 1h10
• Versailles' Castle and garden: Roissy RER B, change at Saint Michel for RER C Versailles Palace Station / Rive Gauche: 55 mn
• La Défense: RER B Roissy changes at Châtelet Les Halles for RER At Cergy, stop at La Défense, 31 min.
• Villepinte Exhibition Center (RER B Roissy, stop at Parc des Expositions Station, 46 mn)
• Seals park and outside swimming pool the Grenouillère (RER B Massy / St Rémy - 4 Stations)
• Chevreuse country side valley (terminus RER B for St Rémy)
• Forests: Meudon, Rambouillet, Fontainebleau
• Chantilly Castle
To visit in the vicinity
• Châtelet les Halles (13 mn RER B, 7 stations)
• Saint Michel, Latin Quarter, Ile de la Cité, Notre Dame Cathedral (11 mn RER B, 6 stations)
• Garden and Museum of Luxemboug, Senate, Latin Quarter, Pantheon, ... (9 mn RER B, 5 stations):
• Catacombs of Paris (5 mn RER B- Denfert Rochereau, 3 Stations)
• Cité Universitaire Internationale (15 minutes walk, 3 minutes RER B - 2 Stations)
• Eiffel Tower: RER B Denfert Rochereau, Line 6 Direction Charles de Gaulle, exit at Bir Hakeim (29 mn)
• Parc des Expositions Versailles: RER B Cité Universitaire, Tramway T3 Dir Pont du Garigliano, get off at Porte de Versailles, (25 mn)
• EuroDisney park: RER B dir Roissy, Châtelet les Halles change for RER A Marne La Vallée: 1h10
• Palace of Versailles: RER B dir Roissy, Saint Michel change for RER C Dir Gare de Versailles station / Rive Gauche: 55 mn
• La Défense: RER B Dir Roissy, change Chatelet les Halles to RER At Dir Cergy, get off at La Défense, 31 min.
• Villepinte Exhibition Center (RER B Dir Roissy, get off at Parc des Expositions Station, 46 mn)
• Parc de Sceaux and outdoor swimming pool of La Grenouillère (RER B Direction Massy / St Rémy- 4 Stations from home)
• Chevreuse Valley (terminus RER B towards St Rémy Les Chevreuses)
• Forest of Meudon, Rambouillet, Fontainebleau, Castle of Chantilly, ...