Enjoy your stay in our comfy apt, located at Thissio area in Athens historic centre. Only a stone’s throw away of all major attractions, it is the ideal place to explore the city and feel its downtown vibes. It consists of 1 bedroom with double bed, a living room with 1 double sofa bed, a fully equipped kitchen and a private bathroom with bathtub. Our sunny balcony is a great spot to chill out after a long day of touring. Suitable for couples, families, lone adventurers and business travelers.
One of the coolest areas in Athens, is the neighborhood of Thission. Thissio is within walking distance of Plaka and borders Monastiraki, Ano Petralona and Gazi neighborhoods. It is nestled between Phillipapou Hill and the Acropolis and you don't need to walk far to find pine trees and grass as well as spectacular view of Athens city including some of the best views of the Acropolis. There are miles of trails and no reason for you to see an automobile all day long if you don't want to.
· Double bed
· Sofa-bed (*sleeps 2)
· Free Wi-fi
· Ironing board & iron
· Kitchen table
· Coffee machine
· Microwave oven
· Sandwich maker
Fresh sheets and towels are provided and the apartment is cleaned by professionals before each visit.
• The apartment is NOT accessible for people with disabilities and wheelchair users!
• We would like also to inform you that Home Rentality provides transfer services, 7 days a week. Pick-up transportation is available upon arrangement and the payment is done directly to the driver. Feel free to contact us for further details.
You will have the privacy of the entire apartment.
Once a booking is made we will contact you with a confirmation email containing important information such as directions and check in instructions.
A member of our team will always be there to welcome you at the apartment when you arrive.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!
Thissio area is one of the most popular and vibrant neighborhoods, with lots of Greek restaurants, cultural meeting points, bars and cafes, spread from Thissio station to Apostolou Pavlou street and Iraklidon street. Troon street leads up to a marvelous stone built, smaller neighborhood that remains untouched by time and if you take the external alley the view to the capital is stunning. Jasmin and basil smell around from the yards in front of the houses and it is very strong the essence that you are walking in an Athenian district in 1960’s. Thissio and Ano Petralona areas due to their proximity to the center and their “old Athens” scenery are popular among famous Greek connoisseurs and artists. Almost the whole area has kept its authenticity and beauty from the previous century, and it is one of the last neighborhoods in Athens that refuses to give their identity up to a more up to date style. Bars and cafeterias with stunning Acropolis view abound in Thissio. As for food hope you will love the ''paidakia'' (spareribs) at ''Steki Tou Elia'' restaurant and its view of Gazi neighborhood.
The Pedestrianisation of the historical centre that is surrounded from the triangle between Plaka, Dionysiou Areopagitou street and Keramikos includes almost all the magnificent sights of Athens. Thissio area is a great option in order to take a tour in the historical centre and wander up to the Acropolis hill. If you follow Dimofontos str. you will find one of the main streets of Thissio. A local street market, is taking place every Friday at Kallisthenous street, offering a large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh locally grown organic selections, fresh fish, Greek honey, house products etc, all with the best quality in mind. ‘’Market in’’ super market is within 1min walking distance at 33 Nileos street, while ‘’My Market’’ super market is within 2mins walking distance at 11-13 Iraklidon str. Several mini markets, grocery stores, ATMs are found within a short walking distance.
· Extra tips:
Bar "The Lazy Bulldog Pub", Orfeos & Persefonis str, 550m - 6mins walk.
Restaurant - Cafe - Bar ''Thissio View'', 25 Apostolou Pavlou str - 3mins walk.
Restaurant ''Steki Tou Elia'', 5 Eptachalkou str. - 4mins walk.
Restaurant "SIN ATHINA", 2 Iraklidon str, 220m - 3mins walk.
PharmacyAllDay, 23 Nileos str, 1min - 39m
''Shell'' gas station, 49 Nileos str, 170m
· Don't miss:
-The Monastiraki flea market. It is the place to be on Sunday mornings.
-Wander up to Acropolis hill day & night - 10mins
-Wander up to Filoppapou hill
-Walk along the narrow alleys in Plaka old neighborhood - 15mins
• For travel inspiration, insights and destinations we love, check out Home Rentality’s listings page to view our current houses, apartments, villas and other vacation homes in the Greek mainland & the islands!
The Pedestrianisation of the historical centre that is surrounded from the triangle between Plaka, Dionysiou Areopagitou street and Keramikos includes almost all the magnificent sights of Athens. Thissio area is a great option in order to take a tour in the historical centre and wander up to the Acropolis hill. If you follow Dimofontos str. you will find one of the main streets of Thissio.
-The renowned Benaki Museum, with its outstanding collections. (900m)
-National Observatory of Athens
-National Museum of Contemporary Art, EMST of Athens, at Fix station
-Acropolis of Athens & Acropolis Museum
-Plaka & Anafiotika areas under Acropolis
-The Temple of Olympian Zeus / Columns of the Olympian Zeus
-Zappeion Conference Center
-Syntagma sq & Parliament.
-The Monument of the Unknown soldier located in front of the Greek Parliament.
-The National Park on Irodou Attikou street is a cool oasis in summer and visitors always enjoy the change of the guard at the Presidential Mansion right opposite.
-Lycavittos Hill: From its top you have a view of the entire city, all the way to the sea.
-Lycabetus Theater, this open-air theatre was built in the period of 1964-65 by architect T. Zenetos on the ruins of an old quarry.
-National Archaeological Museum, which ranks among the leading museums in the world and hosts rare art treasures from the Neolithic era up to the Roman period
-The Museum of Cycladic Art dedicated to the ancient cultures of the Aegean and Cyprus focusing on Cycladic Art.
-The Byzantine Museum with religious artefacts of the Byzantine and later periods from all over Greece.
-Kallimarmaro / Panathenaic Stadium
-Akadimia (Academy of Athens)
· From Athens International Airport ''El. Venizelos'' take the blue metro line M3 and disembark at ''Monastiraki'' station. Then change to green train line M1 - direction to Piraeus - and hop off at ''Thissio'' station. The house is 450m far from the station, within 5mins walk.
· From Piraeus Port take the green metro line M1 and disembark at ''Thissio'' station. The house is 450m far from the station, within 5mins walk.
• You are expected to treat the house and all of it’s equipment with care. Any specific rules and regulations for the house and its surroundings must be respected at all times. You are also expected to show consideration and respect towards your neighbors. Please be considerate of noise, particularly in the evenings and at night.
• During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to the Property Manager. On your departure the accommodation (furniture & bedding) should be left in a reasonable condition.
• Rates include a one-time linen setup for 1 double bed / 2 guests. Linen setup for extra beds require special arrangement and will be charged an additional fee of € 7.5 / extra bed. Please contact our Reservations Team to reserve extra bedding prior to arrival in order to guarantee full service delivery.
• Check-in begins at 2 P.M. Check-out time is 12 P.M. Early check-ins / late check-outs require special arrangements and may be subject to an additional fee of €15.
• Do NOT flush toilet paper, paper towels, cotton buds, feminine products, etc in the toilet. Please use the bins provided and help us maintain function of our plumbing system.
• Smoking is only permitted on the open balcony!
• Family friendly & LGTBQ friendly.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation on those issues.