House // 2 Bedrooms // 1 Bath // (Sleeps 4) // Private Backyard // Washer/Dryer
BEDROOM 1 - Queen size Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - windows in bedrooms have blackout roller shades BEDROOM 2 - Double Bed (Murphy Wallbed) sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - blackout roller shades on window OTHER SLEEPING OPTIONS - A twin sized air mattress could be used in the house. Either placed in the larger bedroom or in the main living space. And in a pinch, if needed, someone could sleep on the sofa (only 1 'not very tall' person because the sofa does not fold out)
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 5 (sleeps up to 3 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter:
A Little Information About Berkeley:
* Berkeley is a town about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco (in the East Bay)
* The main feature of Berkeley is the University of California at Berkeley campus (Cal) which is known world-wide. The campus was the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement in 1964.
* Berkeley is a beautiful town with lots of interesting craftsman architecture. It has a superb mild climate and beautiful geography (where something is blooming every month of the year).
* From the town there are spectacular views of San Francisco, the bay, and the hills of Berkeley.
* Because of Berkeley´s central location, it can be used as a based to explore San Francisco (20 minutes), Napa/Sonoma (1 hour), the Marin Redwoods (45 minutes), Santa Cruz (1.5 hours), and all of the San Francisco Bay area.
* Berkeley also has: world-class restaurants (Chez Panisse, Bay Wolf, and more), UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive, Zellerback Hall for cultural events, Lawrence Hall of Science (great for kids), Tilden Park (also great for kids), as well as hiking, biking, lakes, etc.
Parks Near to the McGee House:
* Berkeley has many parks
* The parks that are closest to the McGee house are:
* Becky Temko Tot Park - 2424 Roosevelt Street (near Channing)
* Washington School Park - 2300 MLK Jr. Way (near Bancroft Way)
* Presentation Park - 2199 California St. (at Allston Way)
* MLK Jr. Civic Center Park - 2151 MLK Jr. Way (at Allston Way)
Other House Location Information:
* About 1.75 miles from the Clark Kerr Campus located at the University of California at Berkeley
* About 2.5 miles from Children's Hospital Oakland which is also co-located with the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) - so if you are looking for a place to stay during an extended visit to the Oakland Children's Hospital and/or Research Center, the McGee house can provide that option as it is located nearby
* About 2 miles from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL or LBL or Berkeley Labs) in Berkeley
* About 4 miles from Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley
* About 10 miles from Mills College in Oakland
* Many shops and restaurants within .5 miles around the house
About Mark Foy
Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000. Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Mark Foy purchased this House in 2005
Why Mark Foy chose Central Berkeley
Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
What makes this House unique
I love the McGee House for it's remodeled look, comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.