Tewksbury Lodge offers the unique experience of accommodation in an authentic, traditionally handcrafted Canadian style log cabin.
The Lodge offers, Self Catering Accommodation with all the features and facilities you expect from accredited, 4 1/2 star accommodation, including superior furnishings, log fire and spa.
Situated on 2 acres of picturesque gardens with river frontage and views to Mt Buffalo. The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail for walking and cycling passes the front of the property.
Tewksbury Lodge provides an ideal retreat, uniquely different with the warmth and ambience only a true log home can provide.
Recline in your leather lounge suite inside, or sit back and relax outside in comfy chairs on the spacious verandah, with a private BBQ, overlooking secluded gardens. Stroll over to the swing seat and your own fire-pit above the Ovens river, with beautiful views to Mt Buffalo's gorge.
We do live on the property in a separate home, so we are available if required. However we respect your privacy and will leave you alone to enjoy your stay and the peace and quiet, unless you contact us. The rear of the property is quite secluded and reserved for your privacy, but guests are certainly free to enjoy the rest of the grounds.
Multi-award winning property:
3x winner, "Best Hosted Accommodation" - Alpine Business & Tourism Awards.
Finalist - 2011 & 2012 Victorian Tourism Awards.
And you can sleep easy - We are Carbon Neutral
Tewksbury Lodge is an Eco Friendly dwelling and we pride ourselves on being environmentally responsible.
- 26 solar panels collect the suns energy and generate most of the properties electricity needs
- Double glazed windows increase insulation characteristics; warm in winter, cool in summer
- Grid electric power is 100% renewable, sourced from Hydro Electric generation
- The Lodge is a superb insulator. A conventional house has an insulation value varying from R2 to R4. This log cabin has an insulation value of R16. The very high insulation capacity reduces heating and cooling requirements.
- Large logs have another wonderful property - their thermal mass; they are capable of storing heat. When the cabin temperature is lowered (e.g., at night) they give back heat into the rooms until the temperature is again equalized.
- A skylight minimises the need for artificial lighting during the day
- Ceiling fans reduce heating and A/C needs
- High efficiency instant gas hot water is used for it’s suitability to intermittent usage
- LED lighting is used for optimal energy efficiency