PROPERTY JUST SUITED FOR FAMILIES
Amazing views straight down Manly Beach . Perched up high with wrap around balconies and 270 degree views from the ocean to the lagoon and some glimpses of Sydney harbor.
3 bedroom (3 beds: queen, double, single) 2 bathrooms, 154 sq mts of fully renovated to the highest standard unit with polished floors, gourmet kitchen, waterfront, family, executive standard, aircon (living room), fans and heating, huge 60 inch Samsung flatscreen Smart TV, home theater, Apple TV. + second 44 inch TV in master bedroom. (please note due to all rooms leading to a 5th floor wrap around balcony, with sliding 'open living' doors, this place is not suitable for toddlers /young children who may climb on tables & chairs).
Queenscliff beach is the better and northern end of Manly beach - (same beach - less crowded). Near transport, shops, cafes, golf, tennis, walks, lagoon and 2 beaches (Freshwater and Manly beaches), short stroll along the beach front to Manly central.
Suits executive and families looking to sit back and watch the world go by, or get down and have some fun at the beach.
We have lived and travelled all over the world and have now moved back to our favourite place - Manly. We bought this unit to live in and rent it out when we travel. So we stand by its liveability - we have taken no short cuts in fitting this place out.
Our place ...
Our family unit is only available for a limited time each year, when we are travelling ourselves - this year it is mid Dec to late Jan. Min nights may apply. Price approx AUS$500/950 a night with discounts for longer stays and or early bookings.
-3 bedrooms all with views (B1: master with queen size bed TV, DVD & bathroom, B2: double bed, B3: single. Bedrooms have fans (master has large ceiling fan) and all can be opened wide to outside wrap around balcony (with flyscreen doors). As we are up high & on the coast, we get the summer breeze and on a hot summer night don't feel the heat as much as other places might. Main dining kitchen area can be opened right onto balcony giving a feeling of living outdoors, or closed and Air Conditioned. Linen and private car parking space included.
If you have (Apple) iMaps check out the 3d version 48A Queenscliff Rd.
It’s the only 9 floor unit block on the headland directly above the pool (not many places in Australia direct beach access. (Do note: there are natural stairs to the beach)
What other say
"You will be blown away with the location like we were. With only a small number of easily accessible stairs to navigate you are on the sand of Queenscliff before you know it, add to that a 15 minute leisurely stroll along the beach and you are in the heart of Manly. Queenscliff was never crowded. With the choice of ocean or harbour side swimming the options were endless. Your apartment was very comfortable for the four of us, I had my brother and his 2 sons join us one night for a BBQ dinner and easily accommodated 7 of us around the table. Fabulous apartment and beautiful location. Love Manly !"
(Jim and Tania Hudson Canberra Australia)
The max number of people is never to exceed 5 overnight without prior written permission on booking. (Like most Stayz listings this is not a commercial property, it's our home for most of the year. It is only suited for quiet families, wanting to relax, and we need will you to validate this. Party goers will not be tolerated, so please look elsewhere.)
- For your added security, this property is only managed in Australia and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts and Stayz will never requests personal or credit card information via email.
- Due to all rooms leading to a 5th floor wrap around balcony, with sliding 'open living' doors, this place is not suitable for toddlers /young children who may climb on tables & chairs.
- There has been some building work happening under the basement level, and to date has had little impact
Our Area ...
WHY CHOOSE MANLY?
Manly was voted by Trip Advisor as teh best beach in NSW (2015). It is one of Sydney’s most popular seaside destinations. Full of attractions and exciting activities including Manly Beach, Oceanworld, kayaking, swimming, tennis, golf, beach volleyball, roller blading, scenic and historical walks, art, parasailing, scuba diving, fishing, dining and so much more. Manly is the perfect destination for your next Sydney escape with Sydney Harbor on one side and surf beaches on the other. A range of famous Manly Ferries will take you on the spectacular harbour & to the city within 15 mins- setting you down at Circular Quay nestled between the Harbour bridge and the Sydney Opera House. (if you are out of town and trying to choose between Bondi or Manly beach see why Trip advisor surveys consistency showed Manly beach the clear winner)
1) The Great Gatsby Movie (2013): Gatsby's exterior castle scenes were shot at St Patrick's College directly in our line of view sitting on the Manly headland.
2) Queenscliff surf lifesaving club: (below us)
a. This was the studio for Channel Tens Wake up morning show. The view they chose to use as their background was the same we look at 24 hours a day. Our unit block often appeared in the background. Like others do, channel Ten referred to this location as Manly beach, but the reality is its the north end of Manly - Queenscliff beach- right underneath us.
b. In 2015 both the Prime Minister of Australia and the NSW Premier came from our area and both are active members of our Queenscliff surf-club. (seen from our balcony!)
3) Queenscliff is home to several world champion surfers: including the 6X World Woman’s Champion Layne Beachly. Midget Farrelly 1st world champion (1963) . Both regularly surf here.
4) A major ASP surfing title (ASP 6-Star QS Hurley Australian Open of Surfing) is run in the middle of the beach attracting the worlds best surfers.
5) Our beach is known by some as the centre of surfing in Australia with waves from beginners to experts . Surf schools for beginners are at North Steyne (middle of the beach). You can rent also surfboards and stand up paddle boards, bikes and rollerblades, & on the harbour side: kayaks, diving equipment etc.
6) Shelly beach (our view & at the south end of Manly) won the one of Australia’s best beaches. (trip advisor). Shelly and has become popular with Scuba Divers and Snorkelers alike with a large variety of marine life which can viewed in relatively shallow water.
Sydneys famous Northern beaches starts at Manly beach (& North Head, the entrance to Sydney harbour) and extends 30KMs up to Palm Beach with over 15 beaches in between. See this drone video my son made with his friends, surfing and whale watching, stretching from Manly and all the way up the northern beaches. (search on Youtube: Whale Watching off North Head, Sydney AUSTRALIA CJdecky)
--- --- ---
To speed up the enquiry: We’d love to send you a more detailed info PDF doc about our place. As this is not a commercial property and is our home 10 months of the year we would like to get to know the people who would be staying to ensure compatibility. Since Stayz does not yet have a verification process like Air BNB, we would ask that in your enquiry, you provide us with as much detail as possible so we can self-verify to ensure it is suitable and legitimate. The more you can tell us about who you are (and all guests) and what you are looking for, the faster we can process the enquiry. Please also provide a form of ID (Facebook, Linked-In, Profile page from your company, References etc).