Romantic & Relaxing. Cozy & welcoming, modern open plan design. Warmly lit fire
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed - Babies & young children okayBabies & young children okay
No smoking - Smoking not allowed inside villaSmoking not allowed inside villa
Max guests: 2
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Enhanced cleaning practices
Cleaned with disinfectant
Ashlar @ Manna Guma is perfect for a romantic getaway!!
It passed everything that you would want to make it a great stay
Perfect location, clean, comfortable and very relaxing. Highly reccomend.
Relaxing weekend Away
My wife and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary at Ashlar and it was awesome! The property was quiet, just around the corner from the town centre. Nice restaurants a few minutes away. All the facilities you need. We plan to come back to Daylesford for Easter! Thank you Sally for your hospitality.
We had a two night stay at Ashlar. The villa is spotlessly clean, has all the amenities you could wish for the king size bed is super comfy! Sally was great to deal with and we would definitely stay again 😃
Hi Julie - thank you for your lovely review. So glad you had a relaxing time within our villa and within our delightful region. We would love to host you again should you return to Daylesford in the future.
Thank you again, Sally
Ashlar @ Manna Gums, Daylesford
ASHLAR @ Manna Gums is located in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia
Close walking distance to:
- Farmers Arms Hotel
- Cliffy's Emporium - coffee/food/deli/wine/retail
- Wombat Hill Nursery
- Daylesford Sunday Markets (8am-4pm at Railway Station)
- Daylesford Sunday Farmers Market (8am-4pm at The Woodshed opp. Sunday Market)
- Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens
- Wombat Hill House - cafe located in gardens)
Close driving distance to:
- Hepburn Springs - restaurants, gift stores, cafes, iconic Hepburn bathhouse, Hepburn golf course (5 minutes)
- Daylesford main street - cafes, art galleries, shops, etc (2 minutes or 15 minute walk)
-Terra Australis Distillery (2 minutes or 15 minute walk)
- Lake Daylesford (5 minutes)
- Lake Jubilee (7 minutes)
- Mt Franklin Reserve (10 minutes)
- Daylesford Mill Market (5 minutes)
- Lakehouse Restaurant (5 minutes)
- Passing Clouds Winery - Cider Garden/Alfresco Dining/Cellar Door (10 minutes)
- Daylesford Cider - Musk (10 minutes)
- The Convent - Gallery/cafe/museum/cocktail lounge/retail/gardens (2 minutes or 10 minute walk)
- The Palais, Hepburn (5 minutes)
- Cellarbrations bottle shop (2 minutes)
- Lavandula Swiss/Italian Lavender Farm, Shepherds Flat (10 minutes)
- Belgian Chocolate Mill (5 minutes)
- Overwrought Garden Art, Blampied - Sculptural Metalwork Garden Art Gallery/Retail (15 minutes)
Day Trips or Longer:
- Trentham (20 minutes)
- Kyneton (20 minutes)
- Ballarat (40 minutes)
- Bendigo (1 hour)
- Melbourne (1.5 hours)
- Macedon (45 minutes)
About Sally Trewick
My partner and l love helping others to enjoy a relaxing escape to our delightful region. Having moved to Daylesford 12 years ago, we are continually in awe of the beauty this region offers and hope you like your stay in Daylesford and Hepburn as much as we do.
Sally Trewick purchased this Villa in 2006
Why Sally Trewick chose Daylesford
My parents purchased these properties as an investment. I was working at Daylesford Accommodation at the time and helping to manage approximately 200 holiday rentals so it was an easy adjustment to take over the property management directly once my partner and l had started our family. l was able to take over managing Manna Gums & ASHLAR @ Manna Gums, whilst still enjoying being a mum. The properties work well with still being able to enjoy my family. We are proud of how we've converted the 2 properties over time from family home and judo studio to a fabulous group house and special romantic villa. We really hope you enjoy your time at our properties throughout your stay in our delightful region.
What makes this Villa unique
My parents run a successful sheep stud property in Elmore, VIC. For them to agree on a property to purchase within Daylesford, it had to have something special going for it. They really struggled with the idea of purchasing a villa or house that was directly next to another property with limited views, and so when they finally saw this property, it was almost an immediate decision to purchase. The fact that the property backs directly onto farmland that is zoned rural and has amazing views of paddocks (often with grazing cows coming to visit at the fence-line), it was an easy fit for dad (and mum). We had to do a lot to the property to enhance it to the stage it would be a good accommodation property but over the years, lots small changes have been implemented to keep it as comfortable as it is for our guests. We love the fact also that there are 2 separate properties giving 2 groups privacy and if they are booked together it allows for a larger area between the group.