|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
An island escape with all creature comforts. The property is the perfect romantic retreat. With 180 degree ocean views overlooking Doorilla Bay to neighbouring islands, even the most well seasoned traveller will marvel at the location.
Entered via the middle of three levels you will immediately be awe struck at the views. We can guarantee that your breath will be taken away. The open plan living area and kitchen provides the perfect setting for the most romantic memories but the large wrap around balconies are where you will spend the majority of your time.
The master bedroom is on the top floor and it features cathedral ceilings and ensuite. You will again be mesmerised by the views across the Coral Sea to islands beyond.
Features and Amenities
- Three level beach house with a master suite and two further bedrooms
- Master suite with king bed, ensuite bathroom (shower and bath) and study
- Sleeps up to six adults with one king bed, one queen bed and two double beds
- Complimentary Kevin Murphy toiletries
- Linen and beach towels
- 2 kayaks
- Snorkelling masks and fins
- Fishing rods and lines
- Music systems
- TV and DVD player with DVD library
- Books and novels
- Nespresso machine
- Fully stocked pantry with tea, coffee, herbs and spices
- Hammocks and sun loungers
- BBQ facilities
- Two private beaches
- Walking tracks
- Views over the Coral Sea
- Telephone for local calls
- Complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival
From Cairns International Airport there are a variety of ways to get to the island.
1) Driving to Mission Beach and Water Taxi Transfer
Mission Beach is about a 2 hour leisurely drive south from Cairns International Airport. Sugarland Car Rental have offices in Cairns and Mission Beach and can arrange one-way journeys from about $95 each way.
From Mission Beach, Mission Beach Charters provides a water taxi service from Clump Point Pontoon to Bedarra Island. The journey across is 30 to 45 minutes. Please contact Mission Beach Charters for full transfer details. The boat will leave you on the beach in shallow water where you will wade a couple of steps to the beach.
2) By Helicopter
We recommend Sky Safari for the ultimate journey, fly and land right on the beach. Sky Safari leaves from Cairns Heliport and the journey from Cairns to Bedarra takes about 30 minutes. Sky Safari offers complimentary car pick up and drop-offs at Cairns. They request soft bags on all helicopter transfers.
The property managers will meet you on arrival and assist with transporting your bags to the house.
Bedarra Island is a private island. Ninety percent of the island is owned and managed by Bedarra Island Resort while the remaining ten percent is privately owned by a small group of owners. The house is privately located on a hill overlooking Bedarra Island Resort, away from the cluster of the six other houses on the island. There are full time caretakers should you need any assistance during your stay on the island.
Bedarra Island is located about five kilometres off the coast, just south of Mission Beach. The island is an exclusive destination with low visitor numbers. This has supported a pristine environment. The island has a mix of sandy white beaches, rocky beaches, mangroves, coral gardens and seagrass beds. There are two palm fringed sandy white beaches exclusive for your use. The mangroves are a natural nursery for fish - rays and baby sharks swim right up to the beach in ankle deep water. The waters surrounding the island are a haven for dugongs grazing on seagrass.
What to Pack
Casual clothes, sun screen, hat or cap, camera. Evening temperatures can be cooler in the winter months so pack a light pullover. Bags need to be carried to the house so one soft carry bag per person is the best solution.
- Swimming - there are two private beaches available for the guests of the seven properties. It is very likely that you will not see anyone else on the beach during your stay. The water is warm and perfect for swimming year round
- Diving - call ahead Calypso Dive based in Mission Beach to arrange diving
- Canoeing - the island can be circumnavigated in two to three hours, depending on the conditions. Please notify the caretakers before you go and take lots of water with you
- Walking - there are walking tracks around the property and view points. Please respect the privacy of the other residents
- Fishing - fishing rods and lines are available for your use
- Wildlife watching - rays, turtles and dugongs can be seen while swimming, snorkelling and canoeing and there is prolific bird life on the island
- Picnics - there are eskies and cooler bags for your use
- Dunk Island - Dunk Island is about a ten minute boat ride away
- Relaxing - books, music, DVDs and board games are available for your use
The original artist cottage of Noel Wood still stands on the property. It stands on the hill overlooking the garden, out to Doorilla Bay. The garden is a beautiful, serene spot to enjoy a drink with the ocean breezes, overlooking Doorilla Bay.
There are no restaurants that you can use whilst staying on the island. Planning your provisioning for your stay is half the fun. Food can be purchased from Mission Beach Supermarket or Woolworths in Mission Beach prior to departure from Mission Beach. Please let us know if you would like our assistance with arranging your food order and delivery to the property prior to your arrival.
The island is eco-friendly. The house is fully powered by a solar power system with roof mounted panels. Conserve power and do not unnecessarily leave lights on, especially on overcast days.
The island has a couple of fresh water springs - there is one just at the entrance to the property. The tap water in the house is filtered water from the spring and is safe to drink.
Phone and Mobile Coverage
There is a phone in the house. Local calls are complimentary. All other calls will be charged after your stay at cost plus 10%. Mobile reception is patchy although better on the tracks closer to the beach and caretakers residence.
Contact the property managers in the first instance.
Beach House Policies
- Maximum 6 guests
- No pets
- No smoking within house
- Minimum 3 night stay (see below for pricing details)
4 night stay or more: $500 per night for 2 persons, plus an additional $100 per night for each extra adult / $50 per night for each child
3 night stay: $550 per night for 2 persons, plus an additional $100 per night for each extra adult / $50 per night for each child
Tropical beach paradise
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
8 Mar 2016 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay