You wake up to hear the gentle lapping of waves… it feels like it’s only metres away from your pillow. You grab your coffee and take a few steps, through the garden and onto the sand. The warmth of the sun on your skin, the feel of the soft white sand on your feet, and the smell of the crisp sea air makes you feel alive… THIS is what a holiday should be!
At Tidal Whispers, this is your every day.
Beachfront accommodation doesn’t get much closer to the beach than this. And when it comes to spectacular beaches, Boat Harbour Beach is simply one of the best. Here you’ll find crystal clear blue waters, pure white sand and stunning blue skies that stretch to the horizon.
The Tidal Whispers beach house is a traditional Boat Harbour Beach 'shack' and still has many features of its original 1940's design. We have endeavoured to provide an authentic experience for our guests, balancing the preservation of this ambient cottage and its quaint features with a renovation that ensures comfort and style.
If you are looking for an authentic, quirky, and absolute beach frontage traditional Tasmanian shack, embracing its 1940's heritage and character, then this is the accommodation for you.
Perfect for couples, families and friends, Tidal Whispers at Boat Harbour Beach, really is one of Tasmania’s best kept secrets!
Our bedding configuration: Two bedrooms - one large room with a Queen sized bed (ocean views and sliding door access to the sundeck); one small second bedroom with 2 single beds in a bunk configuration.
* 2 storey beach house with internal stairs (bedrooms, kitchen, and living area upstairs; toilet, bathroom, and laundry downstairs)
* No off-street parking but close-by and convenient on-street parking bays
* Sorry, pets are not permitted at this accommodation
This beach house is a traditional Boat Harbour Beach shack and still has many features of its original 1940's design. Here you will enjoy spectacular 180 degree panoramic views of the beach and ocean, the warmth and charm of seaside cottage ambience, and unique and quaint quirks. Due to its heritage the ceiling height in the ground level of this beach house, where the bathroom and laundry are accessed, is quite low (e.g., as low as 5”6 or approximately 170cm in some parts) and guests will need to take care when passing through these areas.
This property is accessed from Port Road via approximately 25 steps with a supportive handrail. Likewise, access from the property to the beach is via approximately 8 steps with a handrail, and access from the upper level (containing kitchen, living area, and bedrooms) to the lower level (containing toilet, bathroom and laundry) is via a set of approximately 14 internal stairs.
Based on these heritage and access considerations, please consider whether this accommodation is suitable for you, particularly if you or your guests have mobility issues. This property is not wheelchair accessible.
Tidal Whispers has been accredited by the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program - a federally endorsed, quality assurance scheme. This means that we can proudly display Australia's national symbol of tourism quality, the T-QUAL Tick.
Boat Harbour Beach is a popular tourist destination in Tasmania and is renowned for its crystal clear blue waters, pure white sand and the surrounding rich green farming hillsides. The ocean waters are very safe to swim in and the local surf life saving club are on hand during weekends and public holidays.
Things to do at Boat Harbour Beach include:
- Swimming in Boat Harbour's renowned crystal clear blue ocean waters
- Strolling up the sandy white beaches enjoying the clean Tasmanian air
- Whale and dolphin watching
- Snorkelling or scuba diving (local equipment hire from The Scuba Centre, Wynyard)
- Try your luck at fishing
- Nature walks around Boat Harbour and beyond
There are many daytrips that can be taken from Boat Harbour Beach, including:
- Tasmania's famous Cradle Mountain
- Rocky Cape National Park and visit some of Tasmania's finest Aboriginal caves
- Penguin watching with Wynyard Little Penguin Tours
- Play golf at Seabrook Golf Club (Wynyard)
- Stanley historic sea-side town
- Chocolate tasting at Anvers Chocolate Factory
- Cheese tasting at Lactose Cheese Factory
- Christmas Hills Raspberry farm
- Wonders of Wynyard museum and many more North-West coast tourist attractions