...For your security, this property (fiftyfivedavey) is only managed in Australia by Australians, and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts...
We feel privileged to be custodians of this beautiful example of Georgian architecture, constructed with convict-made red bricks on sandstone footings, rough hewn structural timbers, pit-sawn floorboards, and was originally roofed with timber shingles.
It is now a self-contained Georgian 3 Bedroom Townhouse which has been beautifully renovated to reflect the needs of the modern visitor whilst maintaining the historical integrity of the building, originally constructed in 1856. Each Townhouse can accommodate up to 7 guests, please read the section on "Bedding Configuration" below. For groups of up to 6 guests, we also have a fold-out single bed if required (please tell us in advance if you will be needing this)
This is a beautiful property with unique character, from it's Georgian red convict brick facade and internal period features still intact, offset by designer interior fixtures and fittings.
55 Davey is in the heart of the Salamanca district, 200 metres to the famous Salamanca Market and waterfront precinct, while a 2 minute walk will find you in Hobart's Central Business District. Enjoy a picnic in your very own front yard, St David's Park (55 Davey is equipped with a picnic basket and rug), or enjoy fish and chips on Constitution Dock, finish of the famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.
Offstreet car parking is available for $15 per night if required, with unlimited entry and exit and an allocated bay. Please enquire if you require carparking during your stay, it is not on our property, so we need to book the parking space with the property owner.
ATAP approved provider - The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program accreditation provides you with an assurance that we are committed to professionalism in business operations and delivery of service.
- Townhouse #1 occupies the old servant's quarters and ground floor.
- Townhouse #2 occupies the first and second storeys.
- Living rooms offer beautiful garden views over St David's Park.
- Fully heated throughout
- Polished floorboards
- Light filled lounge features leather lounge suites, flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Industrial style kitchen with stainless steel / concrete benchtops, modern appliances, full fridge, dishwasher, oven and cooks top. Coffee pod machine for a quick fix!
- Three individually decorated bedrooms in each Townhouse.
Townhouse 1 - Queen Size beds in first and second bedrooms and 2 single beds in the third. There is an extra fold-out bed available for $60 set up cost.
Townhouse 2 - Queen Size beds in first and second bedrooms and 3 single beds in the third. There is no extra bedding available.
- Breathtaking bathroom in Townhouse 1! A huge expanse invites one to relax in the deep claw and ball bath, or indulge in the double shower. Twin basins and a painstakingly restored stone floor finish off this surprise package.
- A hidden cupboard houses the washing machine, dryer and trough as well as plenty of storage options for luggage.
- In the heart of the culture, spirit and history that is Hobart.
- Salamanca Place and it's famous Market is 1 minute walk away.
- St David's Park is across the road with it's glorious gardens and significant colonial history.
- Gourmet eateries are 5 minutes walk as is the Hobart waterfront where yachts, Antarctic research ships, fishing fleet and kayakers all mingle together.
- Catch the MONA ferry from Brooke St Wharf, view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington, visit Richmond, Port Arthur, Salmon farms, Cherry orchards, Cadbury, Wineries and Restaurants, Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.