|Minimum Stay||1 - 5 nights|
This bright, spacious executive apartment is bigger than most, and lives up to expectation. Unforgettable views of the harbour and waterfront precinct, you will never want to leave. We certainly don't. Relax in style and luxury in this superb apartment known as Darwin Arkaba.
Situated within minutes of Darwin's city centre, entertainment and waterfront precincts, the Wharf, the Darwin Convention Centre and the wave pool, this apartment will make you want to live in Darwin.
The apartment is ultra-modern, with outstanding facilities, and 2 bathrooms. It sleeps 6 (+1) people, comprising of 3 bedrooms:
- master has a queen size bed in a lovely bedframe and a single bed.
- 2 other bedrooms both with queen size beds
All beds have excellent quality linen. There are 2 bathrooms, with sleek finishes and detailing. The apartment has polished marble floors throughout.
The apartment is beautifully furnished with a nice leather lounge suite, quality tables, BBQ and interesting quality aboriginal artwork.
The fully equipped kitchen comes with Gaggenau appliances,whilst there is both a washing machine and clothes dryer in the laundry.
There is 1 secure car-park for you to use at your convenience, located at the basement of the apartment complex. A superbly located pool is available for our guests to use in the common area at ground level.
The apartment is well nestled near a green belt and close to the water. It's ideal for family getaways, weekend and romantic sojourns, corporate rentals, long and short stays.
MUST DO ACTIVITIES:
- A short stroll to the WATERFRONT PRECINCT - includes the wavepool (only $16 per family per day), the WHARF, WALKING and CYCLING tracks and other BARS and RESTAURANTS.
- DARWIN CBD - cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs, shopping and of course the local people. Darwin has a fascinating blend of people of Anglo-saxon origin, Chinese, East Asians, Philipinos and the original inhabitants of Australia, being of course aboriginals.
- Free admission for the whole family to the LEANYER WATER PARK, located in the Northern suburb of Karama, not far from Casuarina. This facility is provided by the NT Government, and is open Weds - Sundays 10am to 7pm, as well as daily on scool and public holidays.
Skatepark, Basketball Court, Cycling Path, Picnic Tables,Swimming, Waterslides etc..
- MINDIL BEACH MARKETS.........SOOOOO Nice. Right next to the beautiful Mindil Beach, just down from one of the best high schools in the Southern Hemisphere, watch the sunset with the locals in the dry season every Thursday and Sunday evening. The markets are an eclectic mix of local art and craft, music and unforgettable food stalls. Don't be late.........
PARAP MARKETS.......in the suburb of Parap behind the old Cinema, a very interesting market experience hugely popular with the locals, and not too many tourists. Operates every Saturday morning.
NIGHTCLIFF MARKETS........in Nightcliff on Sunday mornings. Provides an entertaining venue for a stroll among local art and craft stalls, with fresh cooking, coffee and music.
- WORLD FAMOUS ROCK ART SITES
In particular Ubirr and Nourlangie are a must for rock art. Both sites feature fantasric walking trails with a particularly good 12km track at Nourlangie Rock.
- JUMPING CROCODILE CRUISE
- NT Wildlife Park
- AMAZING YELLOW WATERS and JABIRU environment, including THE Escarpment
- JIM JIM WATERFALL, and others
To see all four areas above, take a triangular route, heading East past Humpty Doo to Jabiru, along the way taking the jumping crocodile cruise, and visit the rock art sites in the vicinity. Then head south of Jabiru to Yellow Waters and Jim Jim Falls, and others. Then visit the historic small gold mining township of Pine Creek, and on the drive back to Darwin visit Adelaide River and the War Graves, the World War II airstrips that were used to protect Darwin, and the NT Wildlife Park.
- CASUARINA BEACH/LEE POINT ......great beach walking, glorious long beach, barbeques, lawned areas, as well as a nudist beach closer to Lee Point for those inclined.
- GUNN POINT.....a nice drive from Darwin, heading out initially towards Humpty Doo, (no relation to Humpty Dumpy) then heading back to the coast at Gunn Point. Here, unbeknown to most locals even, one can find fossilised prawns and similar along the top of the beach area. These fossils are many thousands of years old.
- DINOSAUR PERIOD FOSSILS........BE ONE OF THE VERY, VERY FEW (the owner of Darwin Arkaba apartment is one of these, a former geologist and can provide some direction) to find a rare fossil on ICTHYOSAUR fish.
- LITCHFIELD PARK...THIS IS JUST AN HOUR AND A HALF DRIVE FROM Darwin. It features a myriad of diverse environments including rugged sandstone escarpments, perennial spring-fed streams, monsoon rainforest, magnetic termite mounds, waterfalls and historic ruins. The park is 1500 sq.km in area.
* Premium position, amazing outlook, bigger than most executive apartments in this price range
* One of the coolest located apartments in Darwin, most others get very hot with balconies unpleasant for part of the day.
* Our large balcony can be comfortably used all day long
* Private and quiet, 3 bedrooms
* 1 carpark
* Apartment size approx 210 sq.m., including carparking.
* Looks over the waterfront precinct with better views and larger apartment than the average right on the waterfront
* 5 mins approx walk to Wavepool
* 5 mins approx walk Waterfront precinct
* 10 mins approx walk to the famous Darwin wharf for a casual dinner on the wharf with the locals
* 30 mins approx walk to the famous Mindil Beach Sunday night markets in the dry season, or 10mins by bus.
* Excellent music system with amplifier/receiver and Dali speakers, beautiful sound quality
* Leather lounge, 3+2 seater
* Ceiling Fans
* Sleeps 6+1, ie 3 double beds and 1 single, subject to booking details and pricing
* Baby High Chair
* Baby Stroller
* Baby Porta-Cot available
* Cooking Facilities with high quality appliances
* Blu-ray Player (plays normal DVD and CD's)
* Pillows, Linen Bathroom
* Toaster and separate Sandwich Flat Grille
* Spa Bath
* Swimming Pool
* Wheelchair Access
* Iron and Ironing Board
* Clothes Dryer and Washing Machine
* 24 hour self-check-in and check-out facilities.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
22 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
1 Apr 2017 - 22 Jun 2017
1 night minimum stay