Exquisite Country House Accommodation and Breakfast......... a place to unwind in style and comfort.....Yes, you get the whole house and generous breakfast provisions whether you are one guest or more...
Escape to the High Country . The cottage is surrounded by lovely gardens...... enjoy peace and quiet.... the Folly is one of the few accommodation providers that is NOT on the New England Highway so there is NO Highway noise. It is a short walk to the cafes and boutique shops. Check our website.
*** HIGH COUNTRY TENTERFIELD..........Think......Boutique shops.. Cafes....National Parks...... Heritage buildings.....Avenues of trees.....Parks and gardens..... you will love it!
The cottage is EXCLUSIVELY yours to enjoy.. Generous breakfast goodies, flowers, chocolates, Port and a complimentary bottle of wine all included in tariff.
* Gorgeous 1908 lovingly renovated Cottage
* Original features of French doors, timber lining boards, pressed metal ceilings, fireplace
* Wrap around veranda
* Lovely mix of vintage, antique and rustic furniture with contemporary comforts
* 3 Bedrooms- 2 Queen beds, 1 King Single and 1 Single. Sleeps 6
* 2 Bathrooms- 1 En suite
* Organic toiletries
* Full Kitchen with all cooking equipment, including slow cooker, electric wok , recipe books etc.
* Large Lounge / Dining area
* Flat screen TV/DVD and Ipod dock
* Wood fire, RC /AC, Nobo Panel heaters in bedrooms
* Fully equipped Laundry
* Quality linen and towels
* Electric blankets
* Books, Magazines, DVDs and Games
* Quiet location in large peaceful cold climate garden
* Tennis Court ( Racquets and balls supplied)
* Picnic basket and blanket available
* Off street parking
* Al fresco outdoor area , BBQ and outdoor setting
* Breakfast provisions: cereals, gourmet porridge, juice,yoghurt, fruit, bread, eggs, bacon, jams
* Gourmet teas, ground coffee, milk, pancake mix and maple syrup
* Pantry basics....SR Flour, Pl Flour, Oil, Vinegar, stock cubes, herbs, Drinking Chocolate
* Espresso Coffee machine, selection of pods
* Freshly baked goodies for afternoon tea on arrival
* Fresh flowers, Port, Chocolates and Biscuits
* Winter wood supplied and fire lit for your arrival
* The Folly is a Non -smoking house
* NO HIGHWAY TRAFFIC NOISE
* Sorry, no pets.
****** The Folly is best suited to those seeking a romantic couples getaway, perfect for a girls weekend escape , or groups of friends wanting to soak up the quirky beauty of the Folly and explore the High Country........
******The Folly is not small child friendly due to all the decorator items that are not for little fingers. ******Children 12 years and over very welcome.********
** The Folly has been featured on the Channel 7 SYDNEY WEEKENDER program with Mike Whitney and in the HIGH LIFE DOWNS COUNTRY LIVING magazine.
**Check out our Facebook page "Tenterfield- Heritage with Style".***
RECENT 2018 REVIEWS:
"This is definitely the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Everything you could possibly need and you have both put a lot of thought into the house. We will definitely be recommending "Annie's Folly" to our friends" Rhonda, Mike, Ilze and Greig.....Broadbeach Q
"It was a pleasure to stay at Annie's Folly. From the stunning landscaped gardens to the warmth and comfort of the beautiful home. Everywhere we sat we were assured of experiencing a picturesque view. The amenities were fabulous. Our couple of days were so private and relaxing. Annie and Peter's attention to detail was most appreciated. They had thought of everything! Thank You !" ................Debra and Carole...
"Annie and Peter, Thank you so much for opening the Folly for me. This is my second stay and I am sure there will be a third and fourth! I love the tranquility you have both created. The Folly has absolutely everything you could possibly need. The gardens are beautiful. You have put so much love and time into the Folly. Thank you so much for all your help. Amazing people. God Bless." ..............Tanya.......Brisbane
" Thank you Annie and Peter. We loved staying here in your beautiful house and surrounded by such lovely gardens. So peaceful. Two days is just not long enough. What you have achieved is a credit to you both. Hope to be back."................Kerrie and Terry......Brisbane
"Lovely house! Everything you can think of is here, supplied. Just like home. Hope to come back in Winter and experience the cold weather".............Jackie and Gary........Beaudesert
Peter and Annie. "Thank you for allowing us to stay in your beautiful Folly. We have had the best Christmas week and will be recommending the Folly to everyone. Attention to detail was amazing in the grounds and the house"......................Dave and Christine..... Darwin
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR GUESTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO KEEP COMING BACK ! !
Fall in love with the beautiful New England High Country ..............
TENTERFIELD and BEYOND
* Ruben & Flax Homewares - beautiful French Provincial style shop
* White Cottage cold climate garden, plants, antiques and vintage finds....
* the Bald Rock climb .... a "must do" a clear day you can see forever..................
* Margot Rees Antiques and /imported jewellery /goods and home decor
* the Corner Life and Style..... Fabulous fashion, home decor and Cafe
* The Tenterfield Garden and vintage finds....
* The Unicorns' Horn Emporium....... Antiques Vintage and retro furniture...
* Elizabeth's Bank.........Vintage treasures and more in old Bank building CBD Tenterfield.
* Washpool Farm intoxicated with the perfumes..
* Sir Henry Parkes Museum complex
* Tenterfield Railway Museum
* Bald Rock National Park... and the monolithic BALD ROCK
* The famous Tenterfield Saddler
* Kurrajong Downs cellar door
* Artists Collective Gallery
* Centenary Cottage
* National Parks.....Bald Rock, Boonoo Boonoo, Basket Swamp and Girraween
* Ballandean many to list..20 + just a hop, skip and a jump from Tenterfield
* Washpool Farm Skin Wellness... Ballandean
* The Corner Life and Style Cafe
* Our Place Wine and Espresso Bar... Open until late
* Commercial Boutique Hotel ( Wine bar, Cafe & Restaurant for Lunch & Dinner)
* The Bohemian Tea Room ( Quirky atmosphere - Open Thur- Sun)
* The Tenterfield Tavern
* Viet- Thai
* Spice and Cream Patisserie ( Open Friday- Monday )
* Tenterfield Gourmet Pizza
We live next door and can be reached day or night just wander through the garden to our house.
........Restore the senses in a little slice of High Country heaven .....
We look forward to meeting you soon....................
Annie and Pete (the gardener)