CARRINGTON MANOR: This majestic Spring Hill landmark art deco building was built in 1933 and is located on prestigious Gregory Terrace. The views from Carrington Manor overlook parklands to the front and the city skyline views and breezes from the decks are spectacular.
The 3 spacious apartments occupy a whole floor each and the total renovation was completed by May 2016. Rent 1, 2 or all 3 units.
Carrington Apartments offer 3 different styles of art deco styling. Top level is decorated in the black/red/white bolder combinations and the animal influences of the time. The middle level features the oyster / grey white scheme with pops of lime and turquoise and creates more of a casual holiday theme. The lowest level is the more sophisticated beige hues with navy and yellow accents.
All the great features of a 30's building include - oversized bedrooms, superior insulation from the double brick construction, high ceilings and the special features have been retained along with the added comforts of modern living. There are flow through breezes and views on all levels and from most directions.
- large lounge dining overlooking views of Brisbane City skyline
- each apartment has large private deck with Weber BBQ + bar fridge
- extra large LCD TV with DVD and cable TV (Foxtel) + DVD selection
- mini ipad for your use
- fully equipped kitchens with dishwasher, microwave, oven, induction cook top etc
- bathroom 1 has shower, toilet and vanity
- bathroom 2 has large shower/bath, vanity and toilet
(NB this bathroom can serve as private ensuite to master rm on Level 1)
- 4 bedrooms with robes
- 2nd lounge with TV/DVD can also be used as 5th bedroom with inner spring sofa bed
- newly painted and new furnishings, floors and rugs throughout
- wifi internet
- combined washer/dryer and ironing facilities
- 3 garages on site
- ceiling fan lights in every bedroom. Remote controlled
- reverse cycle air conditioning to lounges and all bedrooms - individually controlled
- outdoor entertainment area
- keypad entry with code of your choice. No keys
Brm 1 - king single
Brm 2- queen bed
Brm 3 - queen bed + king single
Brm 4 - queen bed
Brm 5 - double sofa bed. OR use as 2nd informal lounge
(NB level 3 has a single bed in this area)
OUTDOOR ENTERTAINMENT AREA
This is accessed via the rear stairs from each apartment and the area from there is totally secure for children and pets
- fully landscaped
- tiled pool with seating shelf to watch the sun set over the city
- BBQ on town gas with paved area and outdoor dining suite for 10
- fire pit
- eskies etc supplied
- large grassed area
LINEN is high quality and includes sheets, pillow cases, towels, bath mats, face towels, hand towels and tea towels and pool towels.
There is one garage per apartment, located in Bathgate Street to rear of property. Parking meters for 12 hours on street and free after hours and weekends.
SPRING HILL & FORTITUDE VALLEY
This is a superb location.
Walking distance to the vibrant Fortitude Valley precinct and 2kms from Queen St Mall.
The RNA show grounds and the Royal Brisbane Hospital are a 5 min walk away.
Spring Hill is the more affluent suburb of inner Brisbane city, home to mostly professional families.
The suburb is quiet, safe and well established with character homes and significant buildings.
The Centenary pool complex is a short walk through the park opposite and is available for public use.
Carrington Manor enjoys a walk score of 93/100. Considers a walker's paradise so daily errands will not require a car and transport score of 98/100 - 8 min walk to trains and bus stop 200m.