Position - This is one of only a few perfectly positioned apartments at The Beach Club Resort. You simply open the safety gate and walk directly off your balcony to the beach and pool. This means trips to the pool are easy, no flights of stairs, no armfuls of belongings, just instant easy access. Also being only a few meters away allows adults to either laze on the beach whilst young ones sleep in the apartment, or adults to sit on the balcony and safely supervise children in the pool. This makes for a truly relaxing holiday!
Lifestyle - The Beach Club Port Douglas Accommodation Resort & Spa is perfectly situated in Port Douglas, only a couple of minutes walk (300m) to the beach & main street. This privately managed apartment is located in a prime ground floor position with direct gated access to the beach side of the pool area. It has two bedrooms with two king beds or four long singles to accommodate up to four guests in style.
Port Douglas Accommodation - Master bedroom features king or twin single bedding, LCD TV with Austar, air conditioning, adjoining bathroom and balcony. A second proper bedroom with king or twin single bedding and air conditioning, shares easy access to the central bathroom. A fully equipped kitchen, dining and lounge areas, full entertainment system including digital plasma TV with Austar cable channels, CD/DVD player and ipod docking station, opening onto an outdoor terrace with dining and bbq. Direct gated access to the lagoon pool with sandy beach entry from your larger private terrace.
Features - All the facilities of The Beach Club Port Douglas accomodation resort are included, located one block from the beautiful Four Mile Beach and trendy Macrossan Street with no need for a hire car. A 50m turquoise lagoon pool with sandy beach entry and Sublime restaurant are located on site. Enjoy the proximity to famous restaurants and bars offering live entertainment, boutiques, Marina Mirage for easy access to Great Barrier Reef trips and tours to the Daintree Rainforest.
This apartment is part of a dual key setup, giving the flexibility of three options;
Option 1 - A Two Bedroom Apartment with lounge, full kitchen, laundry and main bathroom (known as "114 Beach Club" which is described above and priced in this listing)
Option 2 - A Spa Studio with ensuite and balcony spa (search "113 Beach Club" in Google for this Stayz listing).
Option 3 - Combine the Two Bedroom apartment and the Spa Studio creating a Three Bedroom two bathroom apartment (search "113/114 Beach Club" in Google for this Stayz listing).
Due to the very high demand for these ground floor beach side apartments, this apartment and the apartment adjoining (search "112 Beach Club" in Google for that Stayz listing) are exclusively managed by Belle Property. This means that you can save around $100pn compared to booking the same Beach Club apartment through the resort operator or a travel agent. We encourage you to compare tariffs and view the respective apartments.
The benefits of private management are that this apartment is better equipped with little extras that make your stay more enjoyable. There is plenty of cutlery, crockery and glassware plus mixing bowls, plastic ware and loads of utensils. You will notice extra touches like free DVDs, books and ipod docks. There are plenty of places to hang towels in the bathroom, the room adjoining the master bedroom has its own air conditioning and the day beds have been replaced with new beds which can be configured as a king or two long singles. In short this apartment has been set up by a family specifically for family stays. It is impeccably maintained and we believe it is one of the best in the complex .... you be the judge.
The variations of private management are that you do not go to reception upon checkin as the reception desk is run by the resort operator Peppers. Instead you either self checkin at your leisure (specific details provided upon booking) or you can be met upon arrival. You may also notice that there is no telephone in your apartment and you do not have a mini bar. You pay for items such as drinks from the pool bar, restaurant meals or in house massages at the time of service, as there is no charge back facility. With these minor variations you can often save around $100 per night on a comparable apartment and you will be staying in one of the most desirable apartments in the complex.
Beach Club Port Douglas apartment highlights;
* Two bedroom (two kings or four long singles) accommodation in Port Douglas
* Central bathroom
* 50m lagoon pool with sandy beach entry
* Ground floor apartment with direct pool area access
* Two minute walk to Macrossan Street and beach
* Digital televisions, DVD, CD, ipod dock, Austar cable television
* Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and full sized fridge
* Outdoor terrace with barbeque
* Air conditioned bedrooms and living area with individual controls
* Ceiling fans throughout
* Internal laundry with washing machine and dryer
* Free underground parking
* Restaurant, gymnasium & day spa on site
* Linen, bath & pool towels provided
* Tours, airport transfers, equipment hire, baby sitters, in house catering, in house massage, pre-arrival shopping available
Owner's comments about Port Douglas and this Beach Club accommodation;
* We think the location of Beach Club is perfect, mid way between the patrolled section of beautiful Four Mile Beach and the main restaurant and shopping strip along Macrossan Street.
* The pool is simply amazing and there is a large sandy bottom area of say 30m x 5m where it is perfect wading depth for young children.
* The value of such a large beautiful pool with sandy beach becomes obvious when it is windy or in stinger season. During these times Four Mile Beach is unpleasant yet you have the perfect alternative of a protected safe beach right within your resort.
* This apartment is beautifully maintained, very well equipped and in a prime ground floor position. In peak periods the resort operators have often charged an additional $50pn over their advertised rates to guarantee such a ground floor beach side position. We encourage you to compare tariffs and you will realise the incredible value external management offers.
* Here is a tip, if you have children that sleep during the day, bring along a baby monitor. The unique position of this particular apartment allows you to laze on a sun lounge beside the pool whilst still being close to any young ones sleeping. Oh and yes there is poolside drinks service.
* One of the delights is a stroll, walk or run along Four Mile Beach at sunrise. Whilst we wouldn't normally be too excited about the early start, there really is something magical about it.
* The Sunday Port Douglas market has an array of unique crafts and our kids just love the sugar cane juice. You can also catch the Bally Hooley steam train to make it a real outing, and yes it is within walking distance for our kids, just.
* The Lady Douglas paddle steamer provides a seriously enjoyable trip up the inlet. Go on the sunset cruise as they provide free drinks and it has a fun atmosphere for all ages.
* If you have a car Hartleys Crocodile Adventures is definitely worth the trip for young and old. You wont believe just how big crocs can grow and it has lots of other animals too.
* Track down a coconut with liquid sloshing around inside and try your hand at husking them on the rocks at the Flagstaff Hill end of Four Mile beach. Its harder than it looks but very satisfying when you finally get it to crack open.
* Last year we upgraded all the beds, replaced the entire air conditioning system, improved the decor and tweaked so many little things to make this a stand out apartment. We think you will love it!