|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
One of four Edwardian solid-brick terraces in a quiet street, Jasper Cottage has two bedrooms, one with queen-size bed, the other with a double bed. Both have built-in robes and good natural light.
Polished jarrah flooring is laid in the bedrooms, hall and bathroom, with slate in the open-plan kitchen, dining and living area. Lightwells give the bathroom/laundry and the dining areas a bright, open feel. Relaxing on the sofa and chairs in the sunny, north-facing space at the rear, you can gaze through the full-width windows onto the pretty brick courtyard with its gardens, exotic potted plants and fish pond.
A well-equipped kitchen is provided. Have breakfast in the sun at the wrought-iron setting in the courtyard; and after a hard day's enjoyment, vege out with TV, a DVD, the sound system - or flick through a poetry book!
Heating is by radiator panels in each room, with reverse-cycle airconditioning in the open-plan living/dining area.
Double brick and quiet neighbours mean you hear very little from either side, or from the local-traffic street outside.
You're perfectly located for enjoying all of inner-Melbourne's attractions - centrally placed to reach the city, or funky Brunswick St, or the fine old terraces of North Carlton and Fitzroy. Every way you walk, you'll find elegance and interest - and locals enjoying themselves.
Your cottage is in a one-way residential street, with beautiful old plane trees in the centre nature strip, and maples along each footpath. It's far enough away from through-traffic streets to be quiet, but near enough to eat at any of the good restaurants along Rathdowne St within a 2-minute walk - or pick up a great takeaway chinese at Fu Lu's!
A bus runs into the city every ten minutes, just round the corner in Rathdowne St. Or walk five minutes to Lygon St and catch a tram into the city, or out to Brunswick. Or rent a bike for a couple of dollars - nearest location is in Faraday St between Lygon and Swanston Sts.
Unrestricted street parking may be available in the median strip, although it's sometimes difficult to find a spot. Alternatively, visitors parking permits are available from the owner (maximum of about 4 days' parking).
- Wander along the beautiful old streetscapes in Carlton, North Carlton, Fitzroy, Collingwood
- Lively Lygon St is a five minute walk, with Italian cafes, high-fashion shops and the classy Nova cinema
- Walk round the corner to the right into Rathdowne St for fine restaurants and cafes, all the way up through North Carlton
- Or turn left and there's more fine French restaurants; keep walking for 15 minutes, past the beautiful Exhibition Gardens with Imax and museum, and you're at the city's edge
- Walk seven minutes to Brunswick St, and catch the weird, the wonderful, the wacky, tacky and lip-smacky that is the beehive of cafes, pubs and funky fashion in the streets of Collingwood and Fitzroy
- Take a bus or tram into the city. In ten minutes you can be shopping, visiting the national galleries, Federation Square, Southbank on the Yarra, or just exploring Melbourne's endless attractions!
restaurants, galleries, city
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Custom rate 1
8 Sep 2016 - 31 Dec 2017
4 night minimum stay