Discover the Magic of Merricks Beach. Stay & Enjoy the Relaxed Beachside Lifestyle. This is an authentic beach house, not fancy, just the way an Aussie beach house should be.
It's only natural that you'll love this unique coastal location with the beautiful swimming beach, yacht club and coastal trails within a short walk, plus the fabulous northerly aspect and tranquil garden setting among the gum trees.
In winter, go for a beach walk then curl up in front of either the two open fire places. Cook up a banquet and gather around the feasting table, while the kids have a ping-pong tournament.
This spacious 3 bedroom home is ideal for families and couples. Two living areas allow kids can have their own space. It has an ideal casual dining / family room to the rear that enjoys the garden views and has a rustic decor that's finished in mud brick walls, recycled timber feature beams and red brick floors. Large window panels and French doors bring in an abundance of natural light and garden views.
Come through the breezeway to a separate wing with an open plan kitchen / meals and lounge with polished floors or out through big French doors to the paved terrace that provide a perfect protected spot for meals and entertaining on the lawns. Splashes of colour from wild flowers and the native plantings are enhanced by the back drop of gum trees and semi-rural acres to the rear.
Low maintenance and definitely unassuming from the street front, this wonderful beach house will be the home of many happy memories of time away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
* 1 queen bed, 2 singles and four single beds in two bunks
* 3 bedrooms with fresh decor
* New family bathroom with a shower and bath
* Second loo in the laundry with sink
* Spacious rear dining / living room & separate meals / family rooms
* Covered front deck, paved rear garden terrace & hardy lawned area
* Jetmaster & second wood fires, zoned gas heating & ceiling fans
* Garden shed, big storage cupboards, rain water tank & beach shower
* Easy walk to beach, yacht club, coastal trails & Bill Carroll reserve
* Abundant natural light, and hard wearing flooring, so you don’t have to be precious
* Large block 970 m², so the neighbors are not right on top of you
* Kid friendly garden. Spring-free trampoline
* Pet Friendly
* Table tennis
*Please note you will need to bring your own sheets, towels and pillow slips.
Doonas are provided ( with Doona covers). Pillows are provided.
Hand towels, bath mats and tea towels are also provided.
COMMENT FROM GUESTBOOK
" I wish it was mine !! It has that lazy comfortableness of a classic beach house. Come back from the beach, throw your wet towels over the front porch and don't feel the need to yell at the kids for sandy feet. I love that it is less than an hour from inner Melbourne and it somehow still feels undiscovered and untouched. The unsealed roads remind me of beach holidays in my child hood. Despite my nostalgia, my foodie wife has The Merricks General Store and Red Hill General Store up the road. Not to mention the Epicurean and Montalto Winery. We will be back ".
Bruce Nov 2017
A Joy is managed by Dufflebird, two time Stayz State Title Winner, two times Stayz National Title Winner.