PEACE n QUIET & PELICANS
Are you wanting to relax by the river in a quiet and peaceful place, then House on Kalang is for you.
** DISCOUNT ON OFFER ( 7 days or more ) **
** 10% for bookings of 7 days or more. **
** Special is available during School Holidays**
The weather has warmed up. it’s a good time to go for a swim at the beach or get the stand up paddle board or surfboard and head to the water. Kayaking is very popular around our waterways as is fishing and swimming. Bring your towel your cossie and your sunscreen and come to Urunga and enjoy the weather and the sun.
House on Kalang is entirely yours for your stay; no sharing the house with the owner!
Park (tie) your boat up to the backyard or throw in a line. Bring your kayak, canoe or stand up paddleboard and take a leisurely trip down the river.
House on Kalang is on the waterfront of the Kalang River but if you go downstream you can also get into Bellinger River.
Relaxing at House on Kalang is a must
grab a good book, a cold drink and watch the pelicans, the mountains and the world go by
THE LIVING AREAS
- a fully equiped kitchen with modern equipment & with river and mountain views
- dining room overlooks the beautiful Kalang River and Pelicans visit in the morning
- lounge room with a large modern TV
- 3 seater lounge and 2 seater lounge
- free wifi.
- reverse cycle air conditioning
- queen size bed
- bedside tables and lamps
- large wardrobe
- queen size bed with king single on top (bunk)
- large wardrobe
- water views
- large shower
- modern washing machine
OUT THE BACK
- modern BBQ and BBQ table overlooking the river,
- relaxing beach chairs (Cape Cod) to sit and relax
- direct access to the river
- clothes line
OUT THE FRONT
Plenty of room in the huge front yard to:
- park your car
- park your trailer
- park your caravan
- kick a ball
- throw a frisbee
- have some fun
SWIMMING AT THE BEACH
- Hungry Head Beach
- Hungry Head Lagoon
- Urunga Beach (at the end of the Boardwalk)
- The Lilo (at the start of the Boardwalk);
If you take a short drive along the coast you will discover many more beaches.
WATER SPORTS ON THE KALANG RIVER
- Standup Paddle-boarding (SUP)
- Sail Boats
Once you are ready to explore, a short drive will take you into Urunga where you can go for a walk along the 1.2km Urunga Boardwalk or along the beautiful Urunga Beach.
WATERFALL WAY & BELLINGEN
The famous and enchanting Waterfall Way is just up the road from Urunga and visit some of the most spectacular waterfalls you will ever see including a stop at Dorrigo Rainforest Station - Skywalk and Cafe, Bellingen, an alternative lifestyle town with a cosmopolitan culture has art galleries, restaurants, cafes and lots of quirky shops to visit.
- Golf, tennis, squash are available at the Urunga Golf and Sports Club
- Bowls can be played at the Urunga Bowling Club.
- Bowls club has good meat raffles.
- Going for a run/bike ride around/into town or along the beach is fun as is a run to Hungry Head Beach along the new cycleway.
- Urunga (town centre) has some nice cafe's
- Urunga (town centre) has some great restaurants
- Urunga (town centre) has a range of takeaways such as chinese, pizza, hamburgers and fish & chips.
CLUBS AND PUBS
Enjoy a drink or meal at:
- Urunga Pub
- Urunga Bowling Club
- Urunga Sports Club
If shopping is your thing then Coffs Harbour is just up the road with the Park Beach Plaza and Coffs Mall. While your in Coffs visit the Marina for a coffee or a bite to eat or just have a look around at the marina and it's fishing boats.
Fishing from the backyard has produced some good results for our guests. If you search the internet for fishing in Urunga you will find local fishing spots and information about local fishing tournaments:
- January -
Mylestom Northbeach Bowls Club
- May -
Putt Bennett Family Fishing Festival
Urunga Sailing Club
Bellingen Council also produces a fishing brochure available on its website.
House on Kalang is on the Kalang River but if you go upstream you can also get to Bellinger River.
OTHER PLACES TO FISH
There are plenty of places to fish:
- the Breakwall or Rockwall near the Urunga Boardwalk
- the small Breakwall near the Sailing Club (or Golf Course)
- under the Rail Bridge at Urunga
- under the Rail bridge at Repton
- the deep fishing hole where Newry Island is closest to the Urunga Bridge (Anchors Cafe) (the river splits into two directions around Newry Island).
The local fishing has produced catches of bream, taylor, flathead, whiting, jewfish and many more from baits such as live poddy mullet, yabbies, prawns or mullet. If you can’t catch any (like me) buy fresh from fish shop in town.
AT THE END OF THE DAY
After a fun filled day of your choice head back to House on Kalang, pull up a chair beside the river and enjoy the river and it’s view and a nice cold drink and watch the best sunset ever.
THE NO STUFF
- no parties or weddings
- no smoking
- no pets
- sorry our house is not wheelchair suitable.
WHAT TO BRING
Pillows, blankets and quilts are provided however you will need to bring your own sheets and towels.
- Queen x 2 and King Single x 1
If you like the sound of this are interested in a house with a waterfront, please book your stay.
Also if you book for 7 days or more there is a discount.
We hope you do, and you enjoy our place by the sea!