Beautiful cosy country cottage just 10 minutes drive to the delightful village of Berry and 20 minutes drive to fantastic Seven Mile Beach.
Please note, we have a two night minimum stay at Broughton Ridge Cottage.
* 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom cosy cottage ( sleeps 2 ) set privately in the grounds of beautiful Broughton Ridge. Broughton Ridge is a stunning country property set on 32 acres of green pasture and lush temperate rainforest with magical views over the verdant Wattamolla Valley. For more information about Broughton Ridge please go to the Stayz listing ( property ID 137732)
This fully self contained the cottage has all you need to get away from it all for a while.
* Very welll equipped kitchen with fridge, microwave, dishwasher, gas hob and electric cooker. Including all utensils, cookware and bakeware for whatever recipe you have in mind.
* N'espresso Pod machine
* Queen bed with quality linen in a spacious bedroom with reverse cycle air-conditioning unit.
* Luxurious bathroom with shower, bath and underfloor heating
* Cosy living area with combustion wood burner, TV, DVD player, blue tooth music player and cosy, comfortable sofa
* Private seating deck with out door setting, gas barbecue and firepit, a great spot to take in the beautiful views around the property.
* All linen and towels included
* The cottage has its own drive way and parking and is in a secluded position away from the main house which visitors should note may be occupied during your stay at the cottage. No facilities are shared and visitors are assured of privacy at all times. Also, due to the rural location there is no mobile reception at the cottage, you can usually pick up reception if you drive back along Wattamolla Road to the junction with Woodhill Mountain road or just enjoy the peace and quiet for a while!
Things to do in the local area
Head down to beautiful Seven Mile Beach National Park, Gerroa, which is only a 20 minute drive from Broughton Ridge. Extending from Shoalhaven Heads east of Nowra, to Gerroa in the north, Seven Mile Beach National Park is a small coastal park packed with options for everyone. Head to the "Berry Beach" picnic area at the end of Beach Road for a game of beach cricket and a BBQ (gas BBQs and toilets locatedin the picnic ground). Wander up to the lookout and take in the stunning ocean views and golden sandy beach stretching into the distance.
Experience the unique coastal environment on the Sand Track. Walk through the forest, admiring the plants and local wildlife, then kick off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes as you stroll back along the beach.
Pack a gourmet picnic and spend a lazy afternoon under the shade of a nearby tree at secluded spots like the Gerroa picnic area. Then get away from it all and enjoy a long walk on the beach, with only the crashing waves to disturb the peace.
Pop down to Berry, an historic village only 10 minutes down the mountain, and visit the award-winning Treat Factory (jams, preserves, chocolates, cake baking equipment), Pompodours Chocolate House Berry, South Coast Providores (preserves, Locavore Friday, balsamic vinegars and oils), The Berry Teashop (tea, teacups, tea cosies, everything to do with tea, plus a cafe for tea and scones).
Berry also has some terrific restaurants and cafes:South on Albany, Berry Woodfired Sourdough Bakery Cafe, Mezzadella's Woodfired Pizzas, Savanna Cafe, Delicious Cafe, Berry Thai, The Berry Hotel and the Great Southern Hotel.
Head in the opposite direction for about 20 mins to reach Kangaroo Valley shops and cafes. Try Cafe Bella, the Kangaroo Valley Friendly Inn, Bistro One46, Jing Jo Cafe and Restaurant, the Kangaroo Valley Fudge House and Ice Creamery. While there you could hire a canoe from Kangaroo Valley Kayaks or take a guided or self-guided kayak or canoe trip with Kangaroo Valley Safaris. If you are keen on horses, you could organise a horse ride with the Man From Kangaroo Valley Trail Ride.
Bush Walkers: Drawing Room Rocks (4km return, grade 4-5, 2 hrs walk). At the top of Woodhill Mountain, turn north into Brogers Creek Road. Drive along this road for 0.2km. Turn right at mail box (this is a public road) and park at sign marked Barren Grounds Nature Reserve. Walk on the road for a short distance to the first grid. Do not pass through the gateway as it marks off private property. Look for the little sign on the fence which states to Barren Grounds with an arrow pointing to the right. Now follow an old single land walking track leading up to the ridge. It becomes steep in places but is good walking. After a while you walk to the left of the ridge under a spectacular sandstone formation. There is a zig-zag half way up which is easy to see. The upper section of the track is overgrown in paces while still being fairly easy to follow to the top of the ridge. Once there, the Drawing Room is easy to identify as there are rocks that resemble tables and chairs. (Please do not sit on the chair overhanging the cliff and note that there is no further access into Barren Grounds Nature Reserve from here). From Drawing Room Rocks you are rewarded with one of the best coastal views Australia has to offer. Look down on Gerroa, Seven Mile Beach National Park, Nowra, Berry, the Shoalhaven River, the ocean and Kangaroo Valley.
Birdwatching: Barren Grounds Nature Reserve provides important habitat protection for endangered birds such as the ground parrot.
Great views, walking and beach
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
1 Dec 2016 - 27 Sep 2017
1 night minimum stay