Welcome to Chalet Hotaru. "Chalet Hotaru e youkoso! "
Situated on a very special, picturesque 5 acre property surrounded by natural beauty, Chalet Hotaru is a boutique but welcoming retreat, perfect for one or two couples ( maximum), or a small family. We have strived to harness the true Japanese spirit of "ometenashi" ( hospitality), to ensure that our all our guests enjoy the perfect getaway.
* Registered business/Tweed Shire approved accommodation.
* Family friendly accommodation (Sorry, no pets permitted. )
* 5 mins by car to Mavis's Kitchen Restaurant/10 mins drive to the foot of Mt Warning/Wollumbin National Park
* Basic daily rate of $225.00 per night based on 2 guests and use of one bedroom only. * exceptions apply to rate during Christmas perios 24/12/18- 1/1/19
p/n. MINIMUM 2 NIGHT STAY applicable to all bookings
* Weekly special: Stay 7 nights, but only pay for 6.
* Extra adult guest $50 per person per night/extra child $35 per night per child over the age of 2
* In the case of 2 guests staying but requiring separate bedrooms, there will be a $50.00 surcharge applicable per stay.
*** milk, tea, coffee, fresh fruit is provided. Breakfast is NOT included in the tariff. A breakfast hamper may be ordered for $40.00, however it must be requested at the time of booking if this service is desired. (Hamper inc. bacon, free-range eggs, bread, butter, premium muesli, yogurt, orange juice, fruit)
* Serene downstairs living area with TV/DVD/stereo & I-pod dock/wide selection of DVD's
* Small selection of magazines, DVDs including some Japanese films/Japanese music selection/ magazines and board games
* Air-conditioning to living space and downstairs bedroom/tatami mat suite
* New, purpose built separate bedroom with own tatami mat seating area, TV/DVD and own private courtyard.
* Upstairs loft bedroom for extra (paying) guests, with tatami mat flooring/queen size platform bed, roof windows that open for extra ventilation and Japanese style seating for two. ( Note: this room is open to the downstairs living space and has a low ceiling height. Bed can not be seen however from downstairs. )
* Separate, well equipped kitchenette with dining ( seating for four ). Basic condiments supplied for cooking.
* Luxurious bathroom with free standing bath, complimentary quality toiletries including Japanese bathsalts
* Japanese "nemaki" robes to use during your stay. Guest slippers provided. (adult guests only )
* Amazing, newly installed outdoor bath that can comfortably seat 2 adults.
* gas BBQ, flood light to illuminate the surroundings at night
* Completely private Japanese inspired courtyard garden.
* Feeding of the friendly livestock ( donkeys/alpacas and sheep ) possible at mutually agreed times. ( * Guests can not access the paddocks at anytime for safety and insurance reasons. )
* "Hotaru" firefly viewing possible between late July and mid - late August. This depends on seasonal conditions and viewing can not be guaranteed.
There is an abundance of things to see and do in this area, from simple walks to exciting ( but challenging ) climbs up to the top of Mt Warning to see the sunrise. The beautiful Tweed River is just moments away, while quaint villages like Uki and Nimbin beg to be explored. Natural beauty abounds wherever one goes in the Tweed area. Clarrie Hall Dam, utterly spectacular Cram's Farm Recreation Area and Wollumbin National Park are just a few of the places in the local area, that will delight those seeking to get back to nature. There is a wide variety of lovely cafes and restaurants in the area including the newly reopened Mt Warning Hotel in the heart of Uki. Enjoy a delicious meal at Mavis's Kitchen, just a few minutes away. Sphinx Rock Cafe offers tasty food and coffee at reasonable prices in a lovely, family friendly environment, with live music to be enjoyed on Sundays. A visit to the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Centre is highly recommended, even if it is to just take in the incredibly beautiful views of the Tweed Valley! Guests may also choose to indulge their senses by being pampered at the nearby Gymea Eco Retreat and Spa.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chalet Hotaru, Mt a "little taste of Japan" in the Northern Rivers NSW.
Please note the following:
*** We regret we must have a no pets policy.
*** At Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning, we ask that guests are respectful of the space. All rubbish to be disposed of thoughtfully and dishes washed prior to departure.
*** In the case of 2 guests staying but requiring separate beds, a surcharge of $50.00 per stay only, is applicable to cover the cost of extra bedding, laundry and cleaning requirements.
*** Same day/last-minute bookings with less than 24 hours notice, generally can not be accommodated due to practical constraints. But please ask in case it might be possible! ( Last minute availability is dependent on our own outside work and family commitments. )
Important note for guests
* CHECK IN TIME BETWEEN 3PM and 6PM. Early "check-ins" are strictly not possible.
* CHECK OUT TIME BY 11AM: A late check out (by 12pm) may be possible at the discretion of the owners. )
* Domestic pets/livestock/poultry/children all reside at this family property. There is also much wild birdlife in the area, hence a reasonable amount of "farmyard noise" and other natural sounds is to be expected at various times of the day! Please consider other accommodation options, if any of this may be problematic for you.
* A cot, high chair and safety gates for the stairs are all available upon request free of charge. ( Own bedding must be supplied for the cot however. )
* REFRESH/TURN-DOWN SERVICE: As we respect the privacy and autonomy of our guests, we do not routinely offer this service.
* Please be aware, we are not able to provide laundry facilities at the chalet. However, there is a great little laundromat just 5 minutes drive down the road next to the Uki Supermarket.
* This is primarily a family residence although the chalet enjoys complete privacy.
The chalet is connected to the main house by a breezeway. There is a privacy screen along one side of the rear verandah for added privacy. The Japanese courtyard garden is not in view of the main house. Our guests can enjoy total autonomy and privacy at all times. We are however, most happy to interact with our guests. Your host, Anita is on-site most weekends and is contactable by mobile at all other times, in case of emergency or if an issue arises.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OUR GUESTS ATTENDING WEDDINGS AT MAVIS'S KITCHEN:
* We regret that under no circumstances, are we able to provide either " early check-in" or a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service for guests attending weddings at
Mavis's Kitchen due to insurance and practical family reasons. Please ensure that all transport requirements are organised well in advance of your arrival.