|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Please note the following:
*** This property is currently suitable for only 2 adults and maximum 2 children ( and 1 baby ).
*** 10 percent discount for returning guests. ( Please advise hosts at time of booking if you are a returning guest. )
*** Stay 7 nights, pay for 6 nights only!
*** Please note - The daily tariff is based on minimum 2 night stays. Single night stays can be accommodated from Sundays to Thursdays only, but will attract a SURCHARGE of $50.00. Minimum 2 night stay Friday and Saturday nights.
*** In the case of 2 guests staying but requiring separate beds, a surcharge of $20.00 (per stay only ) is applicable to cover the cost of extra bedding and laundry requirements.
*** Same day/last-minute bookings with less than 24 hours notice, generally can not be accommodated due to practical constraints. But please ask regardless...just in case!
*** We unfortunately are not able to accommodate pets ( although we love all creatures great and small ), due to the presence of our free-ranging poultry and other domestic pets and livestock.
* Tariff includes generous breakfast hamper for first night of stay only. ( Inc. Bacon, free range eggs, baked beans, milk, premium local muesli, fruit, orange juice, bread, choice of teas, ground or pod coffee, jams & condiments. Enough "usually" to last 2 days! )
*** No cleaning fees, however we ask that guests dispose of all rubbish and wash any dirty dishes prior to departure.
*** Explore your inner "diva" or inner "dag" by having fun with our brand new, state of the art KARAOKE SYSTEM! To be enjoyed in the privacy of your own accommodation!
Welcome to Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning. シャレーほたるへようこそ！：）
Situated on a picturesque 5 acre property surrounded by natural beauty, Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning is a boutique but welcoming retreat, perfect for a couple or small family. Privacy of our guests is assured as the chalet is separate from the main family residence. Guests have their own private courtyard garden and access to the chalet.
We offer lovely "self-catering" B&B accommodation in the form of a single chalet in contemporary Japanese style. It is just minutes from the heart of Mt Warning and the quaint little village of Uki. From approximately August to mid September, guests may also have the opportunity to witness the magical spectacle of fireflies in their own private Japanese style courtyard garden. ( Presence of "hotaru" fireflies is seasonal and can not be guaranteed. )
The chalet has a serene loft-style 10 mat tatami mat bedroom with a comfortable queen size platform bed (with futon mattress and a mattress topper for extra comfort. ) Downstairs there is a lovely, well appointed living area with a variety of DVD's ( also a small collection of Japanese "anime"/DVD's and music CD's* , board games and Japan related books for guests to enjoy at their leisure. Children can be accommodated on the two Japanese daybeds in the living room which convert to king single beds. Extra bedding is supplied in plastic crates for these beds. Guests make these up themselves when ready for bed. Also downstairs is a dining area/kitchenette with lovely views to the hills and paddocks below. The kitchenette contains all necessary electrical items, crockery, cutlery, utensils, glassware for guests to be able to prepare and enjoy their own meals. There is no oven, however there is a good quality microwave oven.
Guests can enjoy the luxurious " Japan-inspired" bathroom which is sure to provide blissful relaxation. It contains a wonderful free-standing bath, separate shower with a "hinoki stool and basin" for Japanese style bathing if desired. Toiletries are included for our guests. A hairdryer is also provided. Japanese "yukata" (robes) and quality slippers are provided for (adult) guests to use during their stay.
Whilst enjoying the beautiful surrounds of your chalet, guests will also have the opportunity to meet our friendly farm animals. ( Supervised feeding of animals permitted. ) Outside there is a lovely Japanese style garden courtyard with outdoor settings and gas BBQ. From the garden, guests can view the creek, waterhole, paddocks and surrounding hills. At night, the surrounding rainforest is illuminated by floodlights for guests' viewing pleasure.
Your stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning includes generous breakfast provisions for the first morning of your stay (only). This includes bacon, free-range eggs, milk, fruit, premium local muesli, orange juice, a selection of teas, ground coffee and pod coffee. Japanese "genmaicha" (tea) is also provided. Japanese "O-sake" is available for purchase separately on site. Free Wifi is also available. ( Normal usage applies.) Please note...in the case of stormy weather, your Wifi connection may be temporarily disconnected.
There is an abundance of things to see and do in this area, from simple walks to exciting climbs up to the top of Mt Warning to see the sunrise. The beautiful Tweed River is just moments away, while quaint villages like Uki and Nimbin beg to be explored. Natural beauty abounds wherever one goes in the Tweed area. Clarrie Hall Dam, Cram's Farm Recreation Area and Wollumbin National Park are just a few of the places in the local area, that will delight those seeking to get back to nature. There is a wide variety of lovely cafes and restaurants in the area including the newly reopened Mt Warning Hotel in the heart of Uki. Enjoy a delicious meal at Mavis's Kitchen, just a few minutes away. Sphinx Rock Cafe offers tasty food and coffee at reasonable prices in a lovely, family friendly environment, with live music to be enjoyed on Sundays. A visit to the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Centre is an absolute must, even if it is to just take in the incredible views! Guests may also choose to indulge their senses by being pampered at the nearby Gymea Eco Retreat and Spa.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning...for a "little taste of Japan" in the Northern Rivers NSW.
Important note for guests
* CHECK IN TIME BETWEEN 3PM and 6PM. Early "check-ins" are not possible under any circumstance. (Guests coming for a wedding are advised to book the night before as well, in order to eliminate any potential difficulties in regard to check-in times. )
* CHECK OUT TIME BY 11AM ( A late check out by 12pm may be possible at the discretion of the owners. )
* Domestic pets/livestock/poultry/children all reside at this family property.
*** We regret that this accommodation is not suitable for pets.
* A cot, high chair and safety gates for the stairs are all available upon request free of charge. ( Own bedding must be supplied for the cot however. )
* REFRESH/TURN-DOWN SERVICE: As we respect the privacy and autonomy of our guests, we do not routinely offer this service for stays of three nights or less.
* This is a family residence. The chalet is connected to the main house by a breezeway. There is a privacy screen along one side of the rear verandah for added privacy. The Japanese courtyard garden is not in view of the main house. Our guests can enjoy total autonomy and privacy at all times. We are however, most happy to interact with our guests. Your host, Anita is on-site most days and is contactable by mobile at all other times, in case of emergency.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OUR GUESTS ATTENDING WEDDINGS AT MAVIS'S KITCHEN:
* We regret that under no circumstances, are we able to provide either " early check-in" or a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service for guests attending weddings at Mavis's Kitchen due to insurance and practical family reasons. Please ensure that all transport requirements are organised well in advance of your arrival.
CONDITIONS RELATING TO ACCOMMODATION
*** An electronic copy of our Terms and Conditions will be emailed to guests at the time of booking for their reference. We encourage our guests to contact us directly as soon as possible, if they have any questions, concerns or special requests. Many thanks. :)
We stayed here for 6 nights and would definitely do it again. It is a wonderful, cosy and kooky/fun experience. What could easily have been just another run-of-the-mill B&B is given a splash of originality and experience with the Japanese theming and a fantastic farm experience, should you be inclined. The generous and attentive hosts, Anita and Andrew even let us feed the animals!
The Chalet itself is very comfortable, quiet and private. Although it does back onto the owner’s farm, you can’t really ever hear any of the animals except for feeding time around 6pm. It’s also a fairly ideal spot to plant yourself for a few days while you check out the local sites (inc the magnificent, beautiful and challenging Mt Warning) and I loved the country driving through the lush green mountains to the coast (about 35mins) for a few beach visits if that’s your thing.
My 3 favourite aspects;
1. One of the nicest bathrooms I’ve ever been in that looks out to the private courtyard and valley
2. Eating dinner/breakfast in the serene courtyard
3. The hosts. Genuine, outgoing and eager-to-please
I can’t recommend it enough!
Mt Warning/Wollumbin Nat. Park
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
16 Sep 2015 - 31 Dec 2017
2 night minimum stay
1 Jan 2018 - 10 Jan 2018
1 night minimum stay