*** Please note: We DO accept one night stays on weekdays but have a MINIMUM TWO NIGHT STAY requirement for weekends (Fri/Sat). Please do not request a one night stay on Friday or Saturday unless you are able to see that there is a gap already left on your desired date, by an existing booking.
*** 10% discount for returning guests. ( Please advise hosts at time of booking if you are a returning guest. )
*** Same day/last-minute bookings with less than 24 hours notice, may not always be able to be accommodated due to practical constraints.
* Tariff includes generous breakfast hamper for first night of stay only. ( Inc. Bacon, free range eggs, baked beans, "proper" milk, premium local muesli, fruit, orange juice, bread, choice of teas, ground or pod coffee, jams & condiments. Enough "usually" to last 2 days! )
*** No cleaning fees, however we ask that guests dispose of all rubbish and wash any dirty dishes prior to departure.
Welcome to Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning.
Situated on a picturesque 5 acre property surrounded by natural beauty, Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning is a boutique but welcoming retreat, perfect for a couple or small family. Privacy of our guests is assured as the chalet is separate from the main family residence. Guests have their own private courtyard garden, and parking.
We offer lovely "self-catering" B&B accommodation in the form of a single chalet in contemporary Japanese style. It is just minutes from the heart of Mt Warning and the quaint little village of Uki. From approximately August to mid September, guests may also have the opportunity to witness the magical spectacle of fireflies in their own private Japanese style courtyard garden. ( Presence of "hotaru" (fireflies) is seasonal and can not be guaranteed. )
The chalet has a serene loft-style 10 mat tatami mat bedroom with a comfortable queen size platform bed (with futon mattress and a mattress topper for extra comfort. ) Downstairs there is a lovely, well appointed living area with a variety of DVD's, board games and Japan related books for guests to enjoy at their leisure. Children can be accommodated on the two Japanese daybeds in the living room which convert to king single beds. Extra bedding is supplied in plastic crates for these beds. Guests make these up at their own leisure. Also downstairs is a dining area/kitchenette with pleasant views to the hills and paddocks below. The kitchenette contains all necessary electrical items, crockery, cutlery, utensils, glassware for guests to be able to happily prepare and enjoy their own meals. There is no oven, however there is a good quality microwave oven.
Guests can also enjoy the luxurious " Japan-inspired" bathroom which is sure to provide blissful relaxation. It contains a wonderful free-standing bath, separate shower with a "hinoki stool and basin" for Japanese style bathing if desired.
Whilst enjoying the beautiful surrounds of your chalet, guests will also have the opportunity to meet our friendly farm animals. ( Supervised feeding of animals permitted. ) Outside there is a lovely Japanese style garden courtyard with outdoor settings and gas BBQ. From the garden, guests can view the creek, waterhole, paddocks below and surrounding hills. At night, the surrounding rainforest is illuminated by floodlights for guest's viewing pleasure.
Your stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning includes generous breakfast provisions for the first morning of your stay (only). Japanese "O-sake" is available for purchase separately on site. Japanese "yukata" (robes) and slippers are provided for (adult) guests to use during their stay. " Ritual" toiletries and a hairdryer are also provided for guests' convenience. Free Wifi is also available. ( Normal usage applies.)
There is an abundance of things to see and do in this area, from simple walks to exciting climbs up to the top of Mt Warning to see the sunrise. The beautiful Tweed River is just moments away, while quaint villages like Uki and Nimbin beg to be explored. Natural beauty abounds wherever one goes in the Tweed area. Clarrie Hall Dam, Cram's Farm Recreation Area and Wollumbin National Park are just a few of the places in the local area, that will delight those seeking to get back to nature. There is a wide variety of lovely cafes and restaurants in the area including the newly reopened Mt Warning Hotel in the heart of Uki. Enjoy a delicious meal at Mavis's Kitchen, just a few minutes away. Sphinx Rock Cafe offers tasty food and coffee at reasonable prices in a lovely, family friendly environment, with live music to be enjoyed on Sundays. A visit to the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Centre is an absolute must, even if it is to just take in the incredible views! Guests may also choose to indulge their senses by being pampered at the nearby Gymea Eco Retreat and Spa.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning...for a "little taste of Japan" in the Northern Rivers NSW.
Important note for guests
* CHECK IN TIME BETWEEN 3PM and 6PM. Early "check-ins" are not possible under any circumstance. (Guests coming for a wedding are advised to book the night before as well, in order to eliminate any potential difficulties. )
* CHECK OUT TIME BY 11AM ( A late check out by 12pm may be offered to guests at the discretion of the owners. )
* Domestic pets/livestock/poultry/children all reside at this family property. This accommodation may not suit guests who prefer to have a holiday free of any of the above!
*** We regret that this accommodation is not suitable for pets.
* A cot, high chair and afety gates for the stairs are all available upon request. ( Own bedding must be supplied for the cot however. )
* REFRESH/TURN-DOWN SERVICE: As we respect the privacy and autonomy of our guests, we do not routinely offer this service for stays of three nights or less.
* This is a family residence. The chalet is connected to the main house by a breezeway, but our guests can enjoy total autonomy and privacy at all times. We are however, most happy to interact with our guests when not busy with other everyday matters! Your host, Anita is on-site most days and is contactable by mobile at all other times, in case of emergency.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OUR GUESTS ATTENDING WEDDINGS AT MAVIS'S KITCHEN:
* We regret that under no circumstances, are we able to provide a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service for guests attending weddings at Mavis's Kitchen due to insurance and practical family reasons. Please ensure that all transport requirements are organised well in advance of your arrival.
CONDITIONS RELATING TO ACCOMMODATION
* Bookings made through the Stayz system need to be paid for through the Stayz Online Booking System, ( A copy of our Terms & Conditions will be emailed separately at the time of booking to guests. ) We do not accept cash payments. GST is included in the tariff.
* Strictly no smoking inside the chalet.
* Footwear must not be worn on the tatami mats please. No food or drink ( except water) to be consumed in the tatami mat room.
* Strictly NO unauthorised access to paddocks by guests or swimming in the creek/waterhole due to insurance and safety reasons.
* Only supervised feeding of the livestock permitted. ( from behind the stock fencing. )
* Children of the hosts are not permitted access under any conditions, to the guests' chalet, verandah or private courtyard.
* Guests are not permitted unauthorised access to the main residence or garden of the main residence at any time.
* Only paying guests permitted to stay overnight at the chalet. Friends of guests may be permitted to visit the chalet, however your hosts must be consulted prior to visit.
* Full adult supervision of children required at all times, due to presence of livestock and unfenced natural waterbodies on the property.
* A CLEANING FEE is NOT charged, however we ask that guests ensure all dishes are cleaned and rubbish disposed of thoughtfully before departure.
* Guests MUST inform the hosts of any issues pertaining to their accommodation ( breakages, malfunctions etc ) immediately.
Please feel free to contact Anita directly through the Stayz message system, if you have any further queries regarding our accommodation.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We stayed here for 6 nights and would definitely do it again. It is a wonderful, cosy and kooky/fun experience. What could easily have been just another run-of-the-mill B&B is given a splash of originality and experience with the Japanese theming and a fantastic farm experience, should you be inclined. The generous and attentive hosts, Anita and Andrew even let us feed the animals!
The Chalet itself is very comfortable, quiet and private. Although it does back onto the owner’s farm, you can’t really ever hear any of the animals except for feeding time around 6pm. It’s also a fairly ideal spot to plant yourself for a few days while you check out the local sites (inc the magnificent, beautiful and challenging Mt Warning) and I loved the country driving through the lush green mountains to the coast (about 35mins) for a few beach visits if that’s your thing.
My 3 favourite aspects;
1. One of the nicest bathrooms I’ve ever been in that looks out to the private courtyard and valley
2. Eating dinner/breakfast in the serene courtyard
3. The hosts. Genuine, outgoing and eager-to-please
I can’t recommend it enough!
Mt Warning/Wollumbin Nat. Park
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
16 Sep 2015 - 31 Dec 2017
1 night minimum stay