- Tranquil lakeside township
- Home with essential comforts
- Central base to explore the West Coast of Tasmania -Cradle Mountain & Strahan
- Relax by the fire, stroll to the Lake just 75m... be inspired, kayak, fish, bike ride, boat or photograph.
- 3 Bedroom ....Bed 1: Queen bed; Bed 2: Double and single; Bed 3: 2 singles & a trundle
- Originally Hydro Tasmania workers home (workers constructing the hydroelectricity scheme giving Tasmania much of its renewable energy supply in the 1960-80’s)
- Fully furnished with linen.
- Digital TV with selection of DVD's.
- Selected games.
- Full kitchen laundry and bathroom facilities.
- Kayaks x2 for guest use - at own risk
- Bicycles for guest use - at own risk
- Children's playground at end of road.
-West Coast Council accredited Tourist Accommodation with interconnected fire alarms, emergency lighting, fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
Lake Rosebery less than 75m walk from home.....Embrace photography, sit back and relax or for more energetic pursuits there’s untold opportunity for kayaking, swimming, fishing, boating & bush walking!
Eating Out...within walking distance:
- Tullah Lakeside lodge unwinding with a drink and meal by the fire, overlooking the lake.
- Tullah Pub/Cafe - meals & cafe drinks along with typical Pub activities
Both have limited vegetarian and gluten free options.
- Alternatively travel to Rosebery 11min or 14km drive south of Tullah for further options (Pub, RSL
club, Pizza, café)
- Groceries & Supplies:
- Tullah store / post office - Bread and milk available weekdays, limited hours....5min walk
- Rosebery IGA supermarket, Pub, RSL club, Pizza, cafe, petrol - 11min or 14km drive away to the
south of Tullah
Rural and remote area. Own transportation generally required.
Contact tassielink bus lines for timetables (limited infrequent service)
Mobile phone reception: Optus has full reception in the home. Telstra is patchy around Tullah (signal booster cradle is available in Queen bedroom to improve signal)
No Smoking and No Pets for the sake of others health and comfort.
Please tidy up after yourselves and on departure as if it were your home.
Tullah TimeOut as a base to explore the West Coast region of Tasmania
Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area:
- Speaks for itself. Visit the information centre, take a short board walk stroll in the World Heritage Area, walk Lake Dove or many other options up to and including the 5 day Overland walking track. There’s even horse and helicopter rides available. - 54km or 48mins drive away
Corinna and the Arthur Pieman River:
- River cruises, Heritage Pub and accommodation, walking, fishing and kayak hire and amazing river scenery.
- Waterfall in the centre of town and mining history display - 38min or 49km drive away
- On Macquarie Harbour, abounding with convict and early settler heritage & beauty. River cruises, steam train rides on the unique ABT railway system for steep inclines, sand dunes and much more - 85km or 1hr 10min drive away
- Mt Lyell tin mining heritage - 69km or 53min drive away
Zeehan, Trail & Granville Harbour and more
Things to do while at Tullah TimeOut
Lake Rosebery….. Be surprised!
o Less than 75meters away
o walk along the lakeside path, continue to the Pioneer cemetery or Jetty
o Embrace your photography skills, stroll along or just sit back and relax soaking in the view of lake and mountain and listening for birds.
o Kayaking, swimming, fishing and boating opportunities abound for those wanting more energetic pursuits on the lake….use Kayaks available or bring along your swimmers, fishing and boating gear.
- Mt Farrell and Herbert Lake track – starts only a short stroll through town. You’re at the
beginning of an amazing walk through patches of cool temperate rainforest, button grass &
eucalyptus trees. Walk to the summit of Mt Farrell with panoramic views of Lake Rosebery &
Mackintosh with Mt Murchison to the south and Cradle Mountain region to the East. Alternatively
for a lesser incline take the left fork in the track to Herbert Lake. Look for wombat and
Tasmanian Devil foot prints along the path. Some steep bush track.
- Mt Murchison & Mt Read walking tracks for the more adventurous are not far away
- Montezuma Falls at Rosebery – level 4 km (one way) walk following old mining railway, through
cool temperate rainforest, streams, swinging bridge and one of Tasmania’s tallest waterfalls.
This path is also suitable for mountain bike riders. Explore the mining history in the township
while you’re there.
Visit Lake Mackintosh & Lake Murchison - only a short drive from Tullah
Mountain or road biking …..Ready made track at Montezuma Falls near Rosebery or find your own locally
Wee Georgie Wood Steam train ride
Lyns Home made Teddy Bear Cottage - visit or purchase- Murchison Hwy next to Wee Georgie Wood steam train in Tullah
Kids explore the mega playground at the entrance to Read St just up the road from Tullah Timeout or try the tyre swing closer to the Lake with water views.
Lake Rosebery /Cradle Mountain
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
3 Oct 2015 - 30 Jun 2020
1 night minimum stay