Enjoy our wonderful Northern Territory hospitality and luxurious setting with water views towards the CBD and Charles Darwin National Park. Relax in the resort style pool, a luscious tropical garden and comfortable furnishings with all conveniences.
Our listing is unique as the house is an extremely large and very modern Art Deco design, fully air conditioned and beautifully appointed. The location is very quiet and peaceful; but is only 6 minutes by car to the CBD yet close to the major roads to take you quickly out of Darwin to explore the fabulous Northern Territory. There is plenty of safe parking on the street as well as on a hardstand on the property.
There are 3 double rooms for short stay rental separately per night and discounts apply if bookings are per week or per month or for large groups. The slightly smaller rooms rent per night at the advertised price and the larger rooms are a little more. All rooms have their own ensuite bathrooms, kitchenettes and lounges. Six adults or 4 adults and 4 children and a baby can be comfortably accommodated in either twin or king sized bed configuration, but smaller numbers or couples are very welcome.
Our rooms are decorated by unique Aboriginal art prints on fabric created exclusively for a local business "Ausdesigns". This business employs and supports local disabled people and we support them.
For the stories associated with the artwork, please see the detailed descriptions to be found in our 3 other listings which describe each of our rooms available for short stays.
The house is very large.
John and I live in a fully self contained flat upstairs and we are there to assist you if required. Our caretaker lives in a separate fully self contained flat with its own entrance on the side of the house and is there to assist if we are away.
There is plenty of street parking which is safe and generally secure. Bayview is a peaceful and serene suburb!
We do have some House Rules. Please note:
1. It is a condition of booking and on entry to the property that guests with children are totally responsible for the safety of their children at all times in and around the pool and elsewhere on this property. The Pool Rules must be adhered to at all times. Children MUST be supervised at all times and doors and safety gates must NOT be propped open to allow access to the pool area at any time. No supervision of adults or children in or around the pool is provided by the Hosts or any other house residents at any time. Guests are reminded that pool toys are provided for their enjoyment only but that they are not, and not intended to be, life preservers and the Hosts are not responsible for their use. The Hosts reiterate that the use of pool toys must be supervised at all times and no responsibility rests with the Hosts for their use.
2. Guests are to be considerate of others at all times, particularly in relation to noise.
3. Guests are expected to keep the bedroom or bedrooms and living and kitchen areas clean, neat and tidy. Bins can be emptied regularly into the red (general garbage) and yellow (recyclables) lidded garbage bins outside on the right hand side of the house which are collected by the Darwin City Council early every Monday morning. Bin liners and cleaning materials are complementary to guests.
4. A full House Manual is available in your bedroom .
5. We are a strict "No Smoking" house. This applies to guests and any of their friends or family who may be visiting. If you are a smoker, you may be more comfortable in other accommodation.