Wisteria cottage is a charming period style cottage situated directly opposite Port Phillip Bay in the small fishing village of Indented Head (90 minutes from Melbourne) nestled between Portarlington and St Leonard’s (a few minutes drive) either way.
This character filled unique cottage exudes charm and romanticism from a bygone era but at the same time has all the creature comforts to ensure you have a comfortable and unforgettable stay.
The Bellarine Peninsula is the perfect destination all year round to get away from it all - take long walks along the beach, sit on the front porch with a bottle of wine from the local wineries, or use the cottage as a base to explore everything the Bellarine Peninsula has to offer, a wonderful place for foodies.
Wisteria cottage has 4 bedrooms and sleeps up to 10 people. The cottage contains a newly built ensuite Studio situated in the backyard being the fourth bedroom.
It is suitable for couples or families/groups. The newly built ensuite Studio in the backyard makes the cottage also suitable for 2 couples or 2 families who value more privacy.
All quality linen and towels provided. Pet friendly.
• Directly opposite a safe family friendly swimming beach.
• Located in a delightful garden setting, surrounded by plants and fruit trees...a perfect choice for a relaxing seaside escape.
• Large grassed back and front yard (enclosed with fence for kids and dogs), backyard contains
safe playground with 2 swings, slide and tree house and sandpit for children. There is also a
playground in the park right opposite the house on beachfront.
• Polished floorboards throughout the house with rugs.
• BBQ and outdoor dining table and chairs, Nespresso coffee machine.
• 5 minutes walk to local shop/cafe.
• Books and games & movie collection on USB connected to TV’s for all to enjoy.
• 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 10 people with one being the ensuite studio.
• Living area with beach views, flat screen TV and cosy gas log fireplace.
• Fully equipped country style kitchen and dining area. Dining table seats 6 but can be extended.
• 2 flat screen TVs in living room and Studio.
• 2 toilets and 2 bathrooms (one in the house and one in the Studio). 1 bathroom with bathtub.
Separate toilet in the cottage.
• Outdoor hot shower to use when returning from the beach.
• Washing machine/clothes line.
• Polished floorboards throughout with rugs/carpets.
• Gas log fireplace &reverse cycle A/C & heating.
• Ample off-street parking for cars and boats.
• Bedroom 1 – King bed.
• Bedroom 2 – Single king bed + pull out comfy trundle bed.
• Bedroom 3 – Queen bed.
• Bedroom 4 - (ensuite Studio) - King bed + single bed
• We also have a folding single bed available for the 10th person if needed.
Things to do.
• Snorkel, swim or dive around ‘Ozone’ wreck in Half Moon Bay.
• Hire fishing boats for fishing on the bay just a few minutes away or fish off the jetties at St
Leonards or Portarlington. You wont find a better fishing spot on the bay than this area.
• Long walks or bike rides along the bike/walking path for miles and miles alongside the beautiful
Bay right opposite the cottage.
• Go hiking in Edwards Point Reserve in St Leonard's near Swan Bay, which offers some amazing
woodland hiking trails.
• Visit or dine in the number of wineries/breweries and cideries within 5 -15 minutes drive
including Jack Rabbit, Terindah Estate, Bellarine Estate, Scotchmans Hill, Bennetts, Leura Park,
• Visit the olive farms including Light House, Manzillo Grove.
• Visit other towns in the Bellarine Peninsula including Portarlington (5 mins), historic Queenscliff or Point Lonsdale (15 mins), Barwon Heads & Ocean Grove(25 mins) or Geelong (30min).
• Visit Tuckerberry Blueberry farm.
• Buy fresh mussels straight off the boat at Portarlington pier.
• Play golf at the excellent local golf courses in the region including Portarlington and Curlewis.
Minimum night stays vary from 1-7 nights throughout the year.
o 3 nights on long weekends.
o 4 nights over Easter.
o 7 nights for summer holiday period (late Dec and Jan).
o Shorter bookings may be available on request.
Long term bookings considered please enquire.
Check in Time 2pm / can be negotiated with owners.
Check out time 12pm / can be negotiated with owners.
Pillows, doonas, blankets, linen provided.
All basic pantry essentials provided including tea/coffee, cooking essentials (oils, salt, pepper, herbs and spices). Dish washing facilities provided.
Please bring own beach towels.
No smoking inside the house.
Pets welcome (well behaved pets) off furniture
No schoolies or bucks parties.