Spacious 3,700 square foot resort-style country home on 5 acres, adjacent to miles of open space. Enjoy stunning mountain views while sitting on your large deck, or retreat to the private and secluded back yard pool area, with three waterfalls and a large resort style rock hot tub, hammock and outdoor grill. Inside other amenities await, including a gym, sauna, pool table, large screen TV, and 3 fireplaces, all set in a blend of southwestern and native american decor. While you may feel miles away from the bustling San Diego, you are only 40 minutes away from downtown and the beach, including major attractions such as Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. Other nearby attractions include endless hiking trails, a lake with fishing and boating (about 3 miles away), horse back riding, and more.
Enjoy your master bedroom suite (the only room on the second floor) where you have your own private mountain and pond view balcony, fireplace, skylights, and waterfall shower. Two of the downstairs bedrooms are dual rooms with a connecting bathroom (dorm style). There is also a room with two twin beds, and a full bath in the gym, and an outdoor shower on the deck.
Local wildlife includes: Red tailed hawks, Golden Eagles, Owls, Osprey, Coyotes, Road-runners, Wild Turkey, and many others! If you are REALLY lucky you may spot a Bobcat drinking from the pond.
This home is a very special place and we have put lots of TLC into making this a welcoming retreat for travellers and for wildlife. However, we want to make sure it is right for YOU! Please review the following advisories.
1) Please note that to get to the house you must travel about a mile down a bumpy dirt road. Standard vehicles are just fine.. just a wee bit bumpy. May not want to bring your low clearance sports car.
2) There is weekly pool and yard maintenance which will be scheduled. Weekly cleaning is also available and will be arranged with you in advance. We will let you know the times so it will not impact your privacy.
3) The sounds of frogs and crickets may keep you awake at night. :)
4) The sunset against El Cap Mountain may take your breath away.
5) The night sky may remind you how small and insignificant we all are, or how incredible it is that we are at all.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to enchant you with our home and valley.