|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Located 75 steps from the ocean, this updated property is located in one of the few original neighborhoods of Pacific Grove. The coastal bike trail is just 2 min away. Walk to Downtown and to the beach. 0.5 miles to the aquarium and Cannery Row. Ocean views from kitchen and living room.
Bikes are provided for your personal use. Helmsets provided. (bikes are adult sized)
"Thank you Hayley and Fabrice for a wonderful and very memorable trip to the California coast. Our entire family enjoyed your home in its entirety! The bikes were just fabulous - we biked everwhere and never used our car. Your home's character is just perfect and thank you for keeping it so clean and updated. We will definitley return and hope you will have us back"
Great location, very clean and everything worked well. Would definitely stay again next time I come back to the Monterrey area.
Pros: location one block from ocean; an obstructed ocean view; comfortable beds; responsive management; a kitchen we cooked Thanksgiving dinner in; a charcoal grill big enough for a 12 lb turkey; bathrooms and apartment were clean. Lots of electrical outlets
Cons: forget about the aquarium passes. Read the other reviews - we were not the first to have no passes and at a $50 daily admission rate this was a Big Deal. We never went even though Hayley said she would meet us there to get in - scheduling that never worked. Washer and dryer work but you feel like The Fonze from Happy Days to get the washer going shoving an old coin insert in and out five times. Someone had left soap in the dispenser probably when they gave up getting it to work that was half wet, caked and clogging up the soap dispense that I had to clean. We never received the complimentary wine. Dishwasher works but is on its last legs. The living room TV was DOA but was replaced the next day with a smaller 32"". The living room couch sort of grossed me out with a stain from someone sitting on it with a wet butt - hopefully from water but who knows? The carpets are very stained and we did adhere to the "shoes off" policy but think it is too late to save that carpet.
You get the picture. Depending on what is important for your Pacific Grove stay you may love this place or find it intolerable. We were in the middle enjoying some aspects greatly but very disappointed by others especially not having access to the aquarium. That was a major reason to visit the area.
- The location of the property is perfect. You are able to walk everywhere and enjoy the coastal trail easily.
- We had babies with us and were kindly allowed to access the apartment a couple of hours before the standard check-in for our convenience.
- The Bikes
- Quickly received our full deposit back
- When we booked this property, we were trying to choose between it and another property. The deciding factor was that they offered 2 free aquarium passes, a savings of $100. However, the passes were not at the property for us to use. When we reached out to the contact they said they would call the previous guests to see if they took them. Not really much help to us, so we decided to just go. It was disappointing. I was persistent and they did offer to provide passes for us a few hours later, but it was too late. I read in a review that this had happened to another guest. They need to check for the passes when they clean between guests so guests don't have to hunt them down.
- The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. 3 out of our 5 guests had sore backs.
- It gets hot in the main area, even when it is only 70 degrees out. There are no screens on the windows, so we did have to kill a couple of bugs.
- Ants: We picked up a box of pastries from a nearby bakery for the next morning and left it on the kitchen counter. Ants were all over them in the morning. Not really their fault since the rain probably mobilized the ants.
- Very, very, very low flow toilets. It is likely a recurring issue as they have a plunger next to them for convenience.
The house was very clean and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed having the bikes to use. Great location one block from the ocean, we wish we could have stayed longer! Lots to do in Monterey.
My daughter and her 5 bridesmaids stayed at the mermaid rental for three nights prior to her wedding. I booked the reservation, and the owner, Hayley, was very easy to communicate with and very accommodating. The rental was cozy and comfortable, but spacious enough for this group of 6. The location was perfect for walks along the ocean, as well as into town for supplies or restaurants, and the bikes were an added bonus. They had a fun and memorable time. The kitchen area and adjacent large table made a perfect area to have a small gathering for arranging the flowers for the wedding. Would definitely recommend!
My family of 6 were very comfortable for our multiple night stay in the Mermaid Vacation Home. The home is located on a unique street that has a row of homes in front and then the coastline. It was a very short walk to get to the beaches or benches to sight see the ocean, boats, wild life etc. The home was very clean and well stocked. We so appreciated the washer and dryer and enjoyed being able to watch TV in separate rooms. The loft is not accessible, we didn't need it anyways so that was fine for us. The downstairs bedroom is a bit colder than the rest of the home, but there is a space heater that did just fine. Bikes were great touch. There are minor little things that could be improved, maybe an update on the bathroom upstairs, new blinds perhaps... but overall - for the price and the location - I really think you cannot beat this place. So reasonable for the area and I feel if we had any issues with the house (we didn't) that the owner Hayley would have addressed them. She was very responsive during the booking process and easy to work with. If you like vacation homes, this is one of the better ones i have stayed in. I would stay again and hope you enjoy the house!
Library, botanical garden, churches, marina, winery tours, beachcombing, bird watching, walking, eco tourism, paddle boating, whale watching, scenic drives, roller blading, deepsea fishing, equestrian events, golf privileges optional, sound/bay fishing, pier fishing. ATM/bank, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services, groceries, hospital.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
15 Nov 2016 - 12 Feb 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$530|
Stay 7 nights and the 7th night is FREE!!