Lake Tabourie is one of Australia's smallest coastal towns. It's located within the Termeil State Forest that extends inland covering 810 hectares, which in turn borders the Meroo National Park. The township of Lake Tabourie, located on the Princess Highway, the main coastal route linking Melbourne with Sydney, is only 10 metres above sea level. Lake Tabourie accommodation and holiday rentals offers some of the best value for money holiday homes in the New South Wales south coast accommodation range.
Lake Tabourie is a Popular Water Sport Holiday Destination
Other popular coastal holiday locations in the same area as Lake Tabourie include Burrill Lake, Kings Point, Kioloa and Nelligen, all of which are popular with keen anglers and are a haven for all kinds of water sports. Lake Tabourie's main attractions for holiday makers include:
- Fishing. You can either fish in the lake itself, off the beach, or off the rocks on nearby Crampton Island. Crampton Island is very popular for rock fishing but is only safe when the swell of the Pacific Ocean is low. You'll find that Stokes Island is flatter but it becomes awash in heavy seas. Many fish are caught off the beach itself but, as always, advice from the locals will come in handy.
- Surfing. You can surf at either the south or north beach and it makes no difference which direction the swell is coming from as the surf is always up off the beach at Lake Tabourie.
- Water Skiing. There is boundless waterspace in Lake Tabourie meaning everyone can enjoy watersports without worrying about crowds.
- Canoeing. If you haven't brought your own you can hire one. Canoeing is an ideal way to keep an eye on the bird life around the lake as well as for fishing.
- Swimming. You can swim in the lake, or on the beach. The three beaches that are available are quite isolated and can be dangerous so make sure you talk to locals about where the best stretch of sea is to swim in on any given day. Access to the three beaches can only be made from the northern end of Tabourie Beach, a scenic area that offers an ideal setting for a relaxing picnic right by the sand dunes and Termeil State Forest.
- Walking and bike riding. You'll be able to choose either a leisurely, or a more energetic trail along the beach or through the bush.
Homely And Economical Holiday Rentals
Lake Tabourie holiday rentals can be a great choice for holiday makers looking for economical accommodation that offers space, privacy and fantastic amenities in suburb locations. This is an ideal way of holidaying with your family, or a group of friends. Independence when holidaying is priceless and you will find yourself going back to Lake Tabourie year after year.