Mascot, located seven kilometres south-east of Sydney, is an inner suburb of Australia's biggest city, which comes with all the attractions a great city has to offer. Mascot is a popular spot for travellers as it's home to the Sydney Airport, a massive tract of land that takes up a large proportion of the suburb. It's nearness to the airport makes Mascot accommodation a popular and convenient spot to stay in Sydney.
Mascot Is The Home Of Aerial Opportunities
Because your Mascot accommodation is so near the airport, it's natural that some of your holiday activity takes the form of flying. At Mascot there are two ideal aerial opportunities for you to take part in. These are:
- Sydney Heli Tours which give you unforgettable views of Sydney's most famous sights such and world-famous beaches, the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the spectacular skyline. You're also able to extend the flight to take in Terrigal Beach, the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley. If you're into thrill seeking you can take the flight with the doors off while taking part in aerial manoeuvres along the coastline.
- Sydney Harbour Seaplanes leave from Rose Bay on the south side of the harbour and cater to the Mascot area, offering travellers private flights to secluded and exclusive restaurants and private properties.
Must Do Sydney Activities
Back on land you can leave your Mascot accommodation any time you wish to experience the following 'must-do' Sydney activities which include:
- A ride on the Manly Ferry. This popular excursion leaves frequently from Circular Quay and offers stunning harbour views of Luna Park, the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. When you get to Manly you can enjoy a stroll across to the Manly Ocean Beach and on to Shelly Beach and enjoy famous local fish and chips on the sand.
- A Sydney Harbour Cruise is ideal for people who want a running commentary as you pass the various landmarks. The cruise takes you under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- A walk around the Sydney Tower 250 metres above the city streets. This walk is certain to get your adrenaline pumping as you stand as high as the Eiffel Tower in France, but here you can step out on the glass viewing platform and watch the busy city traffic far below your feet, if you can prise your eyes open.
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. Take a windy thrill and enjoy being harnessed into one of the most iconic structures in Australia that offers some of the most stunning views in Sydney.
Homely Holiday Rentals
Mascot holiday rentals offer great value for visitors to Sydney. Instead of choosing inner-city Sydney accommodation, these rentals offer the convenience of being close to the airport and easy access to fast transport into the heart of the city. Enjoy your own space, privacy and amenities in beautiful modern apartments or great family home holiday rentals in Mascot.