Mindarie, located 36 kilometres north of Perth, fronts the Indian Ocean and offers visitors sun, sand and shimmering blue water. Home to the Mindarie Marina, a multi million dollar investment that has turned the area into an ultra modern marina and resort complex, Mindarie attracts tourists from around the world.
Holiday On Stunning Coastline
The Mindarie Marina, where most of the area's entertainment and night life occurs, along with its breakwater and large harbour, takes up much of the local coastline. It's along this coastline where many scenes for the children's television science fiction series 'Stormworld' were filmed. To the south of the marina is a small un-patrolled beach known as Claytons Beach that is very popular with surfers riding the constant waves rolling in from the vast Indian Ocean.
Enjoy The Great Outdoors
- Coopers Park is the site of the old lime kilns that depict the areas industrial past.
- Two parks, Bellport Park, which also houses the areas tennis courts, and Lighthouse Park, each have large lighthouses that create stunning silhouettes during sunsets.
- If you're looking for great diving, just off Eglington Rocks, nine kilometres north of Mindarie, is the site of the historic Alkimos ship wreck.
Fantastic Accommodation Options
Western Australia offers travellers fantastic accommodation for both long and short stays along the eastern coastline. Choosing to stay in Mindarie home rentals gives travellers easy access to the bustling attractions that Perth has to offer. There are attractions and sights to tempt visitors of all ages and interests, such as:
- Perth shopping. A city full of boutique shops that sell niche goods and luxury brands. A place where you'll have no trouble finding exactly what you're looking, whether it's a funky souvenir, unique gift or locally made treat.
- A visit to the Perth Zoo offers visitors a great environment to get up close and personal with native koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat. There's also a large collection of snakes and many other animals from around the world.
- Scarborough beach is Perth's most popular swimming beach and is a great place to hang out, relax and people watch during the hot summer days in the city.
- A 'must see' visit is the nearby town of Fremantle, especially a visit to the famous Fremantle market. Fremantle is a port town that offers stunning scenery, a relaxed atmosphere and a great array of genuine Australian hotel bars and interesting restaurants and cafes.
Mindarie accommodation offers an ideal blend of holidaying in the Western Australian sun, while still being able to enjoy what the city of Perth has to offer. Mindarie holiday rentals makes your stay economical as well as providing you with a home away from home with access to space, privacy and great amenities.