A small, seaside town in Victoria, Wye River is set along the scenic, scrolling and world famous Great Ocean Road. With pristine beaches literally a step away and some of Australia's most beautiful natural forests at your back door, Wye River is a fantastic holiday option for families and couples alike.
A part of Victoria's treasured Otway Coast, Wye River is just 160 km west of Melbourne, yet tourists will feel a million miles away. This tranquil part of the world is the perfect place to relax and enjoy sunny Summer days on the beach, or snuggle up with open wood fires in Winter. Wye River is Victoria's own Sunshine Coast. With a permanent population of only 200, Wye River is a township set up for tourists.
What to See and Do?
Known for its scenic coastal views and relaxed atmosphere, Wye River presents no shortage of sights and activities for keen tourists.
- Spend hours on the beach, watching surfers in the open water, or take some surfing lessons yourself!
- Enjoy the nearby Otway National Park's renowned koala population
- Head out to the nearby Otway Fly Treetop Walk for a thrilling look at the natural beauty of the surrounding National Parks.
- Pack a picnic and hike out to the remote Wye Falls, an extraordinary example of Wye River's beautiful natural surrounds.
- Enjoy a gourmet deli meal at the recently renovated, famous Wye General Store, where fresh-baked bread lies next to essential grocery items and the kitchen whips up big breakfasts, fish and chips and artisan pizzas seven days a week. This fantastic Wye icon was recently recognised by the Age's Good Food Guide.
Homes Away from Home
Whether you're looking for a romantic couples retreat, sprawling family dwelling or anything with stunning views, holiday rentals offer some of the best Great Ocean Road accommodation in Wye River. From a picturesque home set in the riverside valley to a modern home set over the crash surf, Wye River holiday rentals can offer tourists the best of the Otway's and a real home away from home.
Wye's rentals allow you to enjoy your own space away from other tourists. With every sort and size of house available, from modern architectural multi-levelled homes, to cosy stone cottages, hidden back in the bushland, there really is something for every holiday maker. Enjoy your own kitchen, bathroom, barbecue area, garden and multiple bedrooms that are literally a stones throw from the ocean, a hop back to the natural bushlands and a quick skip to the renowned General store.
Watch the storms roll in during winter, while curled up by the fire, and enjoy watching Wye's famous surf life savers patrol the beach, over deliciously fresh fish and chips during summer. Life in Wye River offers tourists the best of the bush and the coast, in a tranquil and naturally undisturbed setting that has seen tourists come back, year after year, for decades.