Family Holidays in New Zealand
Choosing to spend family holidays in New Zealand gives the whole family the opportunity to enjoy the natural beautiful and boundless adventure that awaits. Holidays in New Zealand offer something for people of all ages and interests, from stunning landscapes to hear-racing adventures that will push your boundaries and create lasting memories.
Scenic South Island
Holidaying in the South Island is the perfect option for families looking to experience the extraordinary natural scenery of New Zealand. From rolling green hills, to sheer mountain edges and breathtaking national parks, Queenstown and the Southern Lakes provide a great location to experience this scenery up close and personal.
The whole family will enjoy spending time getting back to basics. While in the South Island, why not take a Hobbit Tour, where you can see first-hand the magical world created for the blockbuster Tolkien adaptations. From massive mountains to pristine snowfields, a South Island holiday is a perfect getaway for the whole family.
Peaceful North Island
The North Island offers up true cosmopolitan living with all the attractions and experiences of Auckland on your doorstep. Attractions such as the Sky Tower and bustling shopping district will keep you and the family entertained, while you can visit Waitakere City for sun soaked beaches, bushwalks and the theme park, Rainbow’s End.
Butterfly Creek and the Auckland Zoo are great destinations for animal lovers and the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic amidst the beauty of nature. Get the whole family's blood pumping on an extreme adventure activity such as ZORB globe riding, where you can lie in a huge clear inflatable globe and roll down the hills.
Family Fun In New Zealand
Family holidays in New Zealand provide non-stop activity for families and kids who want to the most out of their holiday. Our top five family fun activities include:
1. Skiing in Queenstown. Learn from the professionals with friendly beginner classes for all age groups, then hit the slopes on your own mini family skiing competition. Spending a day on the soft, white snow is a memorable experience where you can enjoy tobogganing, cross-country skiing and of course, a friendly snowball fight.
2. Do you love to solve a puzzle? Landsborough’s Puzzling World brings the world first 3D Great Maze, Illusion Room, a psychic challenge and gift shop together for a great family day out. Be baffled by the unconventional maze creations and layouts and try to find your way out as a team.
3. For a fascinating history lesson, visit one of the oldest cities in New Zealand, a stunning area called Dunedin. Walking through Dunedin is like stepping back into the past, when this now tiny town was the largest and wealthiest city in New Zealand from the gold rush.
4. During low tide at Catlin's, trek through bush and sand to see the Cathedral Caves, where you can take a guided tour and learn about the fascinating past of this area. Children and adults alike will enjoy viewing the marine fossils on the cave walls that lived 390 million years ago.
5. If you're looking to get out on the open water, why not spend a day fishing or kayaking? The Marlborough Sounds offers relaxing water sports, dolphin, penguin and seal sightings or the option to hike through the various forest trails on offer.